So what changed in the Terms of Service?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

It's not "mental gymnastics". LL set the age limits for accessiing different parts of SL, THEY say "no user under 18 can visit M rated regions", THEY say M rated regions can have non-pg-13 stuff like nudity, sexy clothes, and burlesque clubs.

If you haave a problem with that, feel free to complain to the nearest Linden that 13 year olds can't watch movies rated 18 for nudity, or loiter in strip clubs and pole dancing bars.

Not MY problem that you are wrong, it's your problem.

Again, you are aware we are talking about AVATARS, correct? Not real kids.

Edited by Leslie Trihey
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Leslie Trihey said:

Again, you are aware we are talking about AVATARS, correct?

Don't bother debating, just pull your L$ out of your account and wait for the storm to pass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Pretty sure that was exactly the motivation behind the bogus "report" that led to all this extra distraction for everybody.

It's bizarre to me that so little rage is directed at the originator(s) of this disaster. Instead we've been busy assembling the circular firing squad while the villain rides into the sunset, whistling.

The more I think about things and with recent past events and the lack of panic seen on the grid with those.. I'm thinking we may not see a big panic over these changes..

Well not like we used to anyways.. It doesn't seem like there is as passionate of a crowd on the grid these days compared to the good ole days where we would get a huge flood of reactions and bump into sims that were reacting because of things coming..

Maybe it's because a lot won't see the changes and just hit agree on the TOS agreement.. Because there isn't that long waiting period of change coming our way, like with the wait and debate of the adult maturity ratings and moving land and auctions and teen grid merger and LL before hand as the adult ratings were being explained also saying they won't be merging the teen grid, but did a year later anyways..

Plus I think there is a heck of a lot less places than there used to be..

These changes were more like a hit-N-run rather than long building hype up to the change..

Nowadays, I think the RL is getting used to news coming in and tomorrow there is new news to freak over.. The attention span seems way less these days and shock value almost none existent..

I think rather than a tidal wave, we may get a wake that shows up in a no wake zone as the boat goes by..

But then again, I'm just waking up and still on my first cup of tea and could just be throwing this out there to see if it sticks..things are still a bit groggy until my second cup.. hehehe

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

Again, you are aware we are talking about AVATARS, correct?

Pay attention, I know it's hard with the lack of cranial space caused by tennis ball sized Anime eyes but try.

Linden Research, aka LL, the creators and owners of SecondLife, clearly state that NO real life people under the age of 18, are allowed to log in and visit M rated regions REGARDLESS of what type of avatar they choose to wear.

Real life people aged 16 and 17 are restricted to G rated regions.

M Rated regions are "PG-18 No Sex or Violence".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Pay attention, I know it's hard with the lack of cranial space caused by tennis ball sized Anime eyes but try.

Linden Research, aka LL, the creators and owners of SecondLife, clearly state that NO real life people under the age of 18, are allowed to log in and visit M rated regions REGARDLESS of what type of avatar they choose to wear.

OMG my eyes from the huge white font on my dark theme!!

You know I hate bright things!! \o/

hehehe

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT REAL KIDS, STOP TRYING TO JUSTIFY WANTING TO BAN PAYING USERS FROM THE MAJORITY OF SECOND LIFE. 

Edited by Quartz Mole
redacted personal insult
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Pretty sure that was exactly the motivation behind the bogus "report" that led to all this extra distraction for everybody.

It didn't sound bogus to me, though it may have been. Is there a reason why you think it was bogus?

Either way, it's had a good effect, imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

She's said, several times, she uses a Utilizator Kemono body.

It's an old fursona body with built in options for "human feet" that make it suspiciously child like when one replaces the furry head included with it, with a "human" Utilizator M3 series or M4 series child like Anime head.

I have no idea what any of that is 😆

sails through your property dressed as a naked Jack Sparrow yelling, "THIS IS PUBLIC SAILABLE WATER ARRRR" ....throws a 0 second security orb

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I'll quote the relevant paragraph for you.

"There are three maturity ratings in Second Life: Parcel_lght_G.pngGeneralParcel_lght_M.pngModerate, and Parcel_lght_A.pngAdult.

General content is accessible by all Resident accounts, including those owned by individuals who are under 18 years of age.

Moderate content is accessible by all Resident accounts over the age of 18 by default."

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

I'll quote the relevant paragraph for you.

"There are three maturity ratings in Second Life: Parcel_lght_G.pngGeneralParcel_lght_M.pngModerate, and Parcel_lght_A.pngAdult.

General content is accessible by all Resident accounts, including those owned by individuals who are under 18 years of age.

Moderate content is accessible by all Resident accounts over the age of 18 by default."

Neat, still doesn't justify your desire to see thousands of paying adult customers banned from accessing the majority of the product they pay for though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT REAL KIDS, STOP TRYING TO JUSTIFY WANTING TO BAN PAYING USERS FROM THE MAJORITY OF SECOND LIFE, KAREN.

You claimed M rated land is PG-13.

LL say you are talking out of your arse.

• Like 2

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

You guys at least use like greay or something for the font color!! \o/

its-so-bright-grace.gif

My apologies for my part. My caps locks cruise control for cool has been turned off.

• Like 1

Just now, Zalificent Corvinus said:

You claimed M rated land is PG-13.

LL say you are talking out of your arse.

LL would ban child avatars from moderate regions if they wanted them banned, they do not. LL says your talking out of your arse. :^)

• Haha 1

Just now, Leslie Trihey said:

My apologies for my part. My caps locks cruise control for cool has been turned off.

It's ok really.. I'm half being silly and just scrolled really fast.. hehehe

I just couldn't read what you guys were saying.. hehehe

2 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

LL would ban child avatars from moderate regions if they wanted them banned, they do not. LL says your talking out of your arse. :^)

Well in the FAQ they do suggest that child avatars change to a different avatar before shopping on moderate sims.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It's ok really.. I'm half being silly and just scrolled really fast.. hehehe

I just couldn't read what you guys were saying.. hehehe

Yeah I wish these forums had a dark mode. Even with insanely big bold text this burns out my retina's. Wasn't so bad when I was on my cellphone earlier but sitting here on my computer it's like oh my god it burns.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

Neat, still doesn't justify your desire to see thousands of paying adult customers banned from accessing the majority of the product they pay for though.

I haven't read what led up to that post but nobody is being "banned from accessing the majority of the product they pay for". Where did you get that idea from? In fact nobody is being banned from any of the product they pay for.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You guys at least use like gray or something for the font color!! \o/

its-so-bright-grace.gif

I'm sorry, whenever I see people yelling I just feel an irresistible urge to profess my love of lamp! 😅

• Haha 3

Just now, Leslie Trihey said:

Yeah I wish these forums had a dark mode. Even with insanely big bold text this burns out my retina's. Wasn't so bad when I was on my cellphone earlier but sitting here on my computer it's like oh my god it burns.

They do have a dark theme.. I think you can find that in your forum settings up under the little arrow under your forum avatar in the upper right corner..

I use that plus Dark Reader to double down on the darkness.. hehehe

Well plus because Darke Reader works on other sites that are too bright for me as well..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

I'm sorry, whenever I see people yelling I just feel an irresistible urge to profess my love of lamp! 😅

Don't mind me, I'm just a really big attention whoooore until I'm finished with my second cup of tea in the morning..

hehehe

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Well in the FAQ they do suggest that child avatars change to a different avatar before shopping on moderate sims.

That's fine. Child avatars shouldn't go onto private land featuring risque or harder content. Land owners can dictate who they want on their private land, this was always allowed. But a blanket ban on moderate land entirely like Zaleficent is suggesting? Actual madness. Even that disney sim that is for SLkids and their families is classified as moderate. Not to mention the majority of the SL mainland is classified as moderate.

Edited by Leslie Trihey
  • Like 3