Why is there a lot of disagreeable people on this board? (And by extension, other boards related to SL?)

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I see some truth in this.

mary oliver box of darkness.png

I learn more from the darkness then the light unfortunately. The darkness I equate with pain and those are the lessons I remember the most and do the most to avoid in future.

I think it's good to see what you might have done wrong, as long as it's tempered with self-love and forgiveness. Sometimes it's difficult to achieve that balance. From my experience, when existing more in the light of love frequently the 'mistakes' fall away all by themselves.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:
35 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Good point, and I actually do see one such person. Not a griefer, but someone who hangs around the community frequently and advertises herself as a succubus. She appears to be leaving the dark side now.

14 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I see some truth in this.

mary oliver box of darkness.png

I know nothing of this person who describes themself as a succubus, but I don't think this necessarily means that someone is "dark" nor that identifying with "darkness" necessarily bad. Darkness is part of life. It can represent mystery. Excessive "light" can be bad too, such as toxic positivity, which does not allow people to express their real thoughts and feelings.

Yes, agree...darkness is a part of life, and some want to come to terms with that darkness and play the role to the hilt in SL.  For me, evil is when you take from another without their permission, and harm them. I've known people into the 'dark arts' or 'dark magic' in SL and they think it's fine to steal from others and harm them. I don't know if that's the case with the woman mentioned.

Edited by Luna Bliss

22 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

But it's evolving into something good, Jay.  People are discussing optimal ways of relating to each other.

Nah,  you are late to the thread and hijacking it. Another 10 pages now at least.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Jaylinbridges said:
24 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

But it's evolving into something good, Jay.  People are discussing optimal ways of relating to each other.

Nah,  you are late to the thread and hijacking it. Another 10 pages now at least.

Seems to me you are trying to hijack the positive turn the thread took....but whatever...

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Seems to me you are trying to hijack the positive turn the thread took....but whatever...

Nope, I am hoping it is closed.  The Title and subject are toxic. Start another thread on peace, love, and therapy.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:
6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Nope, I am hoping it is closed.  The Title and subject are toxic. Start another thread on peace and love.

I'd rather title it "optimal ways of relating to others in SL and on the forum".  Would you like to start it?  Only fair since you're suggesting the additional thread..

7 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Nope, I am hoping it is closed.  The Title and subject are toxic. Start another thread on peace and love.

You could just um...ignore it since you haven't really brought anything of value into the discussion.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

The dark is comforting and safe.  I will always choose the dark of an overcast day over the dreaded, burning, painful sun.  The best way to see a clear sky is by moonlight. 

There is nothing wrong with darkness except what you assign to it.

Consistently negative people are a bit of a downer.  I see them as playing a character.  I also see people justifying their outright rudeness.  "Just telling it like it is" or "just being honest" or "I'm Dutch so I can be as mean as I want" or "I'm just JAQing off"

It's likely that none of those justifications are even true, but they just sound good to excuse not using basic manners in communication. 

I have no idea what motivations people come up with in their own heads to justify consciously typing out a response that they know is mean.  Is it just for the sake of feeling good themselves?  I don't know. Maybe it feels really powerful to know you hurt someone's feelings when you didn't have to and it added nothing to a discussion. 

That doesn't seem very mature, but neither does commenting on a thread you think is pointless and wanting it to be deleted so no one else can discuss either.  It's okay to just... leave.  Another post may be more to your liking.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I think it's good to see what you might have done wrong, as long as it's tempered with self-love and forgiveness. Sometimes it's difficult to achieve that balance. From my experience, when existing more in the light of love frequently the 'mistakes' fall away all by themselves.

Sure, doing an inventory of where one could do things better is a good start and really only possible to do honestly when one starts to understand that others love them unconditionally and they will not be rejected or abandoned because they discovered some not so nice things about themselves. One needs a good support structure when going on such a journey that is why I am a firm believer of self help and 12 step groups. 

Self love only comes after a while when one is on a journey of self improvement and the realization comes how others loved that person first, in spite of their problems and inconsistencies. True self love only comes after, not before. One cannot hate themselves for years and then suddenly make an about face and start to  love themselves unless it comes externally first imo. It might just be the realization that one was loved all along and wasn't acknowledged but just like a newborn is dependent on the love of the mother to grow and thrive,  we as adults require the same.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

You could just um...ignore it since you haven't really brought anything of value into the discussion.

You are correct. I don't get involved in toxic threads attacking others.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Nope, I am hoping it is closed.  The Title and subject are toxic. Start another thread on peace. love, and therapy.

Noone is interested in those sorts of threads!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:
25 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Sure, doing an inventory of where one could do things better is a good start and really only possible to do honestly when one starts to understand that others love them unconditionally and they will not be rejected or abandoned because they discovered some not so nice things about themselves. One needs a good support structure when going on such a journey that is why I am a firm believer of self help and 12 step groups. 

Self love only comes after a while when one is on a journey of self improvement and the realization comes how others loved that person first, in spite of their problems and inconsistencies. True self love only comes after, not before. One cannot hate themselves for years and then suddenly make an about face and start to  love themselves unless it comes externally first imo. It might just be the realization that one was loved all along and wasn't acknowledged but just like a newborn is dependent on the love of the mother to grow and thrive,  we as adults require the same.

Yes, although there are some things I don't like about AA, or wish they'd modify a bit, I've seen people change and have a fulfilling life again due to the love and support they felt in AA from fellow travelers..

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I have no idea what motivations people come up with in their own heafs to justify consciously typing out a response that they know is mean.  Is it just for the sake of feeling good themselves?  I don't know. Maybe it feels really powerful to know you hurt someone's feelings when you didn't have to and it added nothing to a discussion. 

Sometimes it is really because one realizes another is harming themselves by their own thoughts and attitudes. The problem is though that informing someone is really hard to do in a way that doesn't appear in some ways self serving.

4 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

You are correct. I don't get involved in toxic threads attacking others.

I'm confused...are you not involved in this thread? In a rather toxic, attacking way?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:
6 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I have no idea what motivations people come up with in their own heafs to justify consciously typing out a response that they know is mean.  Is it just for the sake of feeling good themselves?  I don't know. Maybe it feels really powerful to know you hurt someone's feelings when you didn't have to and it added nothing to a discussion. 

Sometimes it is really because one realizes another is harming themselves by their own thoughts and attitudes. The problem is though that informing someone is really hard to do in a way that doesn't appear in some ways self serving.

My brother had a great saying about all this...he said "Don't forget when you're pointing a finger at someone there's 3 fingers pointing back at you".

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yes, although there are some things I don't like about AA, or wish they'd modify a bit, I've seen people change and have a fulfilling life again due to the love and support they felt in AA from fellow travelers..

See though AA isn't meant to be followed by the book. Take what you need and leave the rest. So no need to modify it at all.  Even Step 9 where you make amends attributes what that means to each person.  It isn't an absolute. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

As I predicted, the toxic comments continue here.  Now it is all about closing a thread that has a TOXIC title.  I made one post agreeing with Gopi to close the thread.  Look at what comes out of the woodwork now.  

Bye all - have fun.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Kathlen Onyx said:
7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

AA from fellow travelers..

See though AA isn't meant to be followed by the book. Take what you need and leave the rest. So no need to modify it at all.  Even Step 9 where you make amends attributes what that means to each person.  It isn't an absolute. 

Travelers? Are we sure Luna doesn't mean AAA? 😹

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

"Blunt" is what some often say.

For some it is the best way, for others it isn't. Discerning the difference requires wisdom and experience and even then it is prone to error.

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:
4 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:
9 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

AA from fellow travelers..

Expand  

Travelers? Are we sure Luna doesn't mean AAA? 😹

LOL poetic attempt FAIL!