Is SecondLife Leaking Into Real Life?

I saw this video of an electro-mechanical, cubical spider lamp, and my first reaction was "I've seen this in SecondLife!"  I actually went to the marketplace, to try to find it, but I can't.  Maybe somebody else knows what I'm talking about?  Or maybe I"m just misremembering it, because a prim-looking cube with glow has some spider legs is just the kind of thing my friends used to make in sandboxes.

It's kinda like when chess grandmaster Gary Kasperov was running for president of Russia, against Putin, and during a speech, in RL, some griefer attacked him with a flying *****.  The Tesla Cybertruck and the MSG Sphere in Las Vegas, are other things that exist in real life, but in my head, they clearly belong in SecondLife.  These things are escaping their VR containment, like ghosts in Ghostbusters.

Have you ever seen things that make you go, "what is this doing in RL?  This belongs in SL."

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bubblesort Triskaidekaphobia said:

I saw this video of an electro-mechanical, cubical spider lamp, and my first reaction was "I've seen this in SecondLife!"  I actually went to the marketplace, to try to find it, but I can't.  Maybe somebody else knows what I'm talking about?  Or maybe I"m just misremembering it, because a prim-looking cube with glow has some spider legs is just the kind of thing my friends used to make in sandboxes.

It's kinda like when chess grandmaster Gary Kasperov was running for president of Russia, against Putin, and during a speech, in RL, some griefer attacked him with a flying *****.  The Tesla Cybertruck and the MSG Sphere in Las Vegas, are other things that exist in real life, but in my head, they clearly belong in SecondLife.  These things are escaping their VR containment, like ghosts in Ghostbusters.

Have you ever seen things that make you go, "what is this doing in RL?  This belongs in SL."

I still have breedable Twisted Hunt cubes in my inventory that have spider legs like that. I think glow was one of the traits they could have too.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bubblesort Triskaidekaphobia said:

Have you

Well, I was watching a movie the other day and I leaned in closer to see if the woman's neckline was visible....🤣

Guess it comes from trying to fix my neckline in SL lately, with little success..

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well, I was watching a movie the other day and I leaned in closer to see if the woman's neckline was visible....🤣

Guess it comes from trying to fix my neckline in SL lately, with little success..

wear a choker 😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

wear a choker 😁

Well, I did have some recent success via buying a new full-body skin.  It's not perfect, but at least I don't look like I just had neck surgery... :)

• Like 2

if second life is leaking into real life, I don't want lamps with spider legs, or titan collapsible subs, or heaven forbid back rooms style encounters. None that, not ever!

No, I want teleportation dagnabbit!.  Oh, and and flying! ... shoes that don't pinch. and no bad hair days.  </ponders on more good things to leak from second life that is not spider legged nightmare lamps <shudder>>

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Istelathis said:

Just so long as my zombies do not hop into real life, all is good :D

George Romero's high brow criticism of consumerist culture "Night of the living dead" would like a word with you. :P

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, ValKalAstra said:

George Romero's high brow criticism of consumerist culture "Night of the living dead" would like a word with you. :P

That's interesting, I thought Dawn of the Dead was more about consumerism (it had the mall as a main feature).

OMG Second Life has Malls!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

That's interesting, I thought Dawn of the Dead was more about consumerism (it had the mall as a main feature).

OMG Second Life has Malls!

I think all the movies had that theme? He was quoted about one generation consuming the next but I might just have mixed up his movies. Too much of a zombie at this point of the day.

• Like 1