LTC IS HIRING, THERAPY WORK IN SL 🥼🗂️✍️🗣️

𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐲 𝐂𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐜

is looking for staff!

Do you love psychology, mental health, helping people and keeping busy in SL? Well, working at LTC might just be for you. We're looking for two individuals to fill up therapy positions and assist us with our plethora of clients. LTC is the #1 therapy clinic in SL and brings real psychology into the virtual world to help couples, families, children, teens and adults practice self love and care for their mental health! Work and train under Dr. Brazille, a SL psychologist who is IRL educated in the field of psychology and continues to pursue it. Learn more about Loveston Therapy Clinic via instagram; our instagram is @loveston_therapy.sl check us out! Below you'll find the qualifications and what you can expect from joining our team.

Therapist Position Qualifications:

•   Must be available at least 3 days a week

•   Must be able to communicate via instagram, have good and active communication

•   Must have a flexible schedule

•   Must have time to commit and commute to the clinic

•   Conversational skills

•   A basic understanding of psychology and mental health or willingness to learn

Position Expectations:

•   Unpaid training

•   Working with a variety of clients

•   An office

•   Working at least 3 days a week for 1-3 hours

•   Filing and note taking

•   Staff meetings

•   Paid Vacations

•   Learning psychology

•   Starting pay at 500L per client meeting

image.thumb.png.ddc73a4c5db51026c3dfcfd7e173f85f.png

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

No real therapist would do this.

This is RP therapy done by an individual studying psychology and pursuing a career in mental health in IRL. It's for people who cannot afford real therapy to find some support in the virtual world. It is never stated that it is run by a REAL therapist. Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Chaynerdbin said:

This is RP therapy done by an individual studying psychology and pursuing a career in mental health in IRL. It's for people who cannot afford real therapy to find some support in the virtual world. It is never stated that it is run by a REAL therapist. Thank you.

Now that's how you clear a bihhhh 💁‍♀️

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Chaynerdbin said:

ask yourself; do you want your appendix removal done by a student or a accredited surgeon? ... don't play with things that aren't your skills (yet)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Chaynerdbin said:

I would suggest you also make it obvious that it is RP only.  I don't see any mention of that on your socials.  Studying psychology and having a degree are vastly different.   It takes 8-12 years to become a licensed psychologist.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Chaynerdbin said:

I think you should clarify for yourself as well as for others whether your objective is roleplaying for fun, helping people who are experiencing mental health problems, making money, or self agrandizement.

I don't think there is much interest in roleplaying psychotherapy in SL, unless it's in a kind of horror theme.

If you want to help others, but don't have an actual license as a therapist, I suggest joining a peer-support mental health group in SL.

If your goal is to make money in SL, then you need to have a skill that's highly marketable, such as s scripting, animation creation, or mesh creation.

If your goal is self-agrandizement, then maybe a different roleplay theme might work better for you, such as a Gorean master or vampire prince.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:
22 hours ago, Chaynerdbin said:

It's for people who cannot afford real therapy to find some support in the virtual world. It is never stated that it is run by a REAL therapist. Thank you.

I would suggest you also make it obvious that it is RP only.

The portion of the quote I copied makes it sound like it is not RP only!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The portion of the quote I copied makes it sound like it is not RP only!

I am sorry it sounds that way to you. This is RP only, when clients come into the clinic for a tour and a welcome they are explained what they can expect from their experience and what boundaries will be set for their experience.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I think you should clarify for yourself as well as for others whether your objective is roleplaying for fun, helping people who are experiencing mental health problems, making money, or self agrandizement.

I don't think there is much interest in roleplaying psychotherapy in SL, unless it's in a kind of horror theme.

If you want to help others, but don't have an actual license as a therapist, I suggest joining a peer-support mental health group in SL.

If your goal is to make money in SL, then you need to have a skill that's highly marketable, such as s scripting, animation creation, or mesh creation.

If your goal is self-agrandizement, then maybe a different roleplay theme might work better for you, such as a Gorean master or vampire prince.

The objective is very clear. To provide support for those who struggle finding it across the grid. Those who are interested will seek it and help that is free is also offered.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I would suggest you also make it obvious that it is RP only.  I don't see any mention of that on your socials.  Studying psychology and having a degree are vastly different.   It takes 8-12 years to become a licensed psychologist.   

Of course, this is highlighted to interested clients once they step into the office. Everyone is to be made aware of what they can expect and not expect in their experience. I hope this helps to clarify!

10 hours ago, animats said:

There have been real therapists with verifiable credentials in SL.

"A basic understanding of psychology and mental health or willingness to learn" is not enough.

It's not, that is why they'll undergo training to gain a better understanding to handle various individuals in possible ways.

There a many businesses such as hospitals and schools in SL that have uncertified individuals running it to provide an experience.

I hope this perspective helps.

10 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

ask yourself; do you want your appendix removal done by a student or a accredited surgeon? ... don't play with things that aren't your skills (yet)

That's why this is a RP experience, just like any other SL business that offers services from unaccredited individuals.

This should probably be moved to the roleplay forum. Might be why there are so many questions.  

I've done RP like this but it was mostly satire and ridiculous situations.  If you expect people to bring RL issues to one of your  RP Therapists then it's not RP.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chaynerdbin said:

The objective is very clear. To provide support for those who struggle finding it across the grid. Those who are interested will seek it and help that is free is also offered.

That literally does not sound like RP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I just want to add that I think that any RL therapy or counseling is a very dangerous thing to be doing in Second Life unless you can verify that you have legitimate credential's to do this type of work.  Especially since Second Life has a large vulnerable population and to engage in this type of "RP", as you call it, could have a negative impact on someone's mental health.  I would never advocate nor engage in RL counseling in Second Life. 

If someone needs RL therapy or counseling they should be seen by a professional in RL so that they can be monitored or prescribed medication if need be.

Edited by Kathlen Onyx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with @Kathlen Onyx.

I'm in a couple of peer-support mental health groups and have been in several over the years that didn't work out. One of the problems with these kinds of groups is that the group owners may have their own mental health issues that make running the group problematic for them. Another problem is insuffient support from group members, especially insufficient donations. Another is insufficient training on how to handle the problems that people might have.

In one of my groups, it's not unusual for a member to bring up in group chat that they're feeling suicidal. This can be a very tricky situation to handle properly.  After one person said they were going to kill themself and then logged off, those who had been talking to them in the group chat got very worried. It turned out that the person didn't follow through on their plan, but after that the group owner instigated detailed training and instructions for how mentors and regular members should handle such situations. Trying to help people who are going through a real mental health crisis is not a roleplay game, and saying the wrong things can be very harmful.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2024 at 1:00 AM, animats said:

There have been real therapists with verifiable credentials in SL.

"A basic understanding of psychology and mental health or willingness to learn" is not enough.

I have a masters in marriage and family therapy RL.  I have had many people contact me, mostly for sex addiction on SL.  Any time someone wants to learn more or imrove their understanding of the human mind set is never a lost cause.  Don't judge others 

On 4/12/2024 at 9:11 AM, Persephone Emerald said:

I'm in a couple of peer-support mental health groups and have been in several over the years that didn't work out. One of the problems with these kinds of groups is that the group owners may have their own mental health issues that make running the group problematic for them. Another problem is insuffient support from group members, especially insufficient donations. Another is insufficient training on how to handle the problems that people might have.

You hit it on the head. I am NOT against peer support groups or so, but they never end well in my experience outside of SL ones.

• Like 1