32 minutes ago, Samara Sharkfin said:

I canceled 😋 the Reborn butt with two deformers. One is included with the body as add-on attachement, plus "The V" that has many deformer positions that can rotate it and move it further up and inwards.  I use that because I could not find something similar yet (...but still looking). Hence my butt it tinier, but still can't be really tiny or "flat".

Before moving to Reborn I was wondering why people would wear The V while shopping...

Now I know. ...and I do it myself. 😁

BTW, The V can also deform breasts 🤤

Issue with all those deformers is that some clothes may glitch. So check your deformers before telling people that it's badly rigged 😇

Don't really use the V. I don't think i need any deformers but I do know about them.

I just use Sensations V. especially because it has a butt add on.

• Like 1

It's also important to remember that people have odd proportions in real life so avatars don't have to be proportionate  . For example my ex SIL had a very pear shaped body and a tiny waist. She wore a S/M top but L/XL pants and skirts to accommodate her hips and thighs.  I had a friend who was 5'4" but wore a size 10 shoe and had hands that matched her feet.  A cousin has a really long torso but short legs. He is taller than me but his legs are shorter than mine. 

So there are variations but stating with something proportionate and then playing around can help with making realistic shapes. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MillyWH said:

It's also important to remember that people have odd proportions in real life so avatars don't have to be proportionate

I think this is very important to understand when designing your avatar. Yes, there are proportional guidelines, which may be useful, but they aren't 'hard rules' about how a human being looks. That said, I think that there are certain choices people make which very quickly make an avatar look surreal; having a head the size of an orange, having arms that barely reach the waist, etc. Some avatars just make you wonder what species they're trying to present as.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

I'll admit I've got way more experience working with the Maitreya body and haven't really bothered with the Legacy.  I guess since most people go with the typical hourglass or pear shapes I just assumed Legacy wasn't as versatile as the Maitreya.

I agree you can definitely create a wider variety of shapes than you normally see around SL, it's just a matter of choosing the right bodies for the right shapes.

I can respect that but no a lot of people like Legacy, they just hate the hud, specifically the media part.

The media part of the hud isn't important, the most important part is just the Alpha part of it.

It's media because it's a social media platform, but the hud isn't hard to figure out it just rely on that aspect.

You can turn on bom and do what you need by chat commands or the gestures they give you, in the welcoming box, or the extra hud they give you in the welcoming box. That's people's complaint, but that one section rarely gets used, aside from if you manually want to change nails or activate bom. It's the only section that has the media function in it, it works like S.L closet, which also runs on Media.

But Legacy is as versatile as Maitreya.

I am not telling you to go Legacy, just explaining to you that you can create all of these body types, hybrids, and more. It's, also, furry friendly like Maitreya is.

The other reason, some not all, hate Legacy is because they think it's TMP when it's a totally different brand. Legacy and Reborn are two of the most friendliest to get into, I know that the cost drives people off, but investing in any body is expensive. The more clothing you have that you want, that body would be the most expensive body because you invested the most into that body and you are trying to look good, with shapes, and through fashion you like.

In my honest opinion, most bodies are versatile but they have certain limits, one might have a big butt always, the other might always have a flat butt always, even if you make it bigger, the butt is still smaller than the rest, one might have small feet and you want large feet, one might have large feet but you want small.

Kupra's limitation is that your butt and breasts are large and in charge, unless you get kupra kups then you can have smaller boobs. This, also, might be the only body you can only do Pear Shape or Hourglass shape, because it is for curves.

You can, I've seen it done, achieve a lot of unique shapes with Reborn, from small to big, but you have to elongate the hips at smaller sizes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MillyWH said:

It's also important to remember that people have odd proportions in real life so avatars don't have to be proportionate  . For example my ex SIL had a very pear shaped body and a tiny waist. She wore a S/M top but L/XL pants and skirts to accommodate her hips and thighs.  I had a friend who was 5'4" but wore a size 10 shoe and had hands that matched her feet.  A cousin has a really long torso but short legs. He is taller than me but his legs are shorter than mine. 

So there are variations but stating with something proportionate and then playing around can help with making realistic shapes. 

That's why I stated, these are the common body types, when you understand these, you can make any body types you want and you don't have to be proportionate, several times.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MillyWH said:

16 hours ago, Starberry Passion said:

Hello, I've seen several people wondering how to create their own shape and wondering how to do it, what's important is to know the basics first, before you create something you desire.

You learn the basics, first, then you can create any body shape you want. Also, realize that you don't have to be proportionate, if anyone is upset at you, about being unproportionate on a 3d Space with Fantasy, ignore them.

I've said at the beginning.

Just now, Rick Nightingale said:

I always recall someone saying "if your arms aren't long enough to reach to wipe your butt, you're doing it wrong."

.. That .. May have been me. lol

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, Starberry Passion said:

I've said at the beginning.

I missed that part because  I skimmed through at work and was trying to distract myself in a short amount of time. Sorry!   

Years of life drawing and proportions, the classic 8:1 idealized height proportions ... If you're looking for anything near real, what the OP posted ... note the knees 1/4 up the body, crotch 1/2 up the body, nipples 3/4 up body, etc.

If nothing else to look some what "real"? Crotch half way up, not where you belly button should be (aka the tall legs, tall head, short torso and non existent hips syndrome in SL).

8-1.jpg.1cf566fab363fa7f702fc9b85237c4a6.jpg

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Katherine Heartsong said:

Years of life drawing and proportions, the classic 8:1 idealized proportions ... If you're looking for anything near real, what the OP posted ... note the knees 1/4 up the body, crotch 1/2 up the body, nipples 3/4 up body, etc.

If nothing else to look some what "real"? Crotch half way up, not where you belly button should be (aka the tall legs, tall head, short torso and non existent hips syndrome in SL).

8-1.jpg.1cf566fab363fa7f702fc9b85237c4a6.jpg

I like the inverted triangle, because it's like a Yoni!

• Like 2

The one issue I saw from the SL reddit post by the OP was the length of the neck which we can't see here since there's no head included.  The neck seems a bit too long.  I see that quite often along with tiny heads and tiny hands.

• Like 1

I like how some people are taking pot shots, despite me saying about these are just basic irl shapes but it doesn't affect second life and that if you learn them then you can make any shape you want easier.

Some people are taking this to heart, some are getting offended, really crazy to see.

Some people have short necks, some people have long necks, some people have big heads, some people have short heads, some people have long hips, some have really short.

I said "If you have an unproportionate avatar and someone gets mad, ignore them." So not understanding some of these people.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

The one issue I saw from the SL reddit post by the OP was the length of the neck which we can't see here since there's no head included.  The neck seems a bit too long.  I see that quite often along with tiny heads and tiny hands.

I will make my neck longer if I wanted to, shows that you didn't read anything i said.

I'll make more, if it'll help someone, especially new people, which this was to help get a feel of shapes and body shapes, to understand it more. I didn't say this was set in stone

and said at the beginning, if you have unproportionate stuff that it's okay and ignore people who tell you otherwise and yet you are out here trying to nitpick.

15 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

I will make my neck longer if I wanted to, shows that you didn't read anything i said.

I'll make more, if it'll help someone, especially new people, which this was to help get a feel of shapes and body shapes, to understand it more. I didn't say this was set in stone

and said at the beginning, if you have unproportionate stuff that it's okay and ignore people who tell you otherwise and yet you are out here trying to nitpick.

You were discussing how to make body shapes which is fine.  Regardless of.which type of shape someone prefers, hourglass, pear, rectangle, keeping certain things in proportion is important.  If you have a thicker body and a tiny head, it just looks out of proportion.  Same with your arms or hands.  Yes, you can have a too long neck or too short arms if you want.  Didn't say you couldn't.  It's just something people working on their shape should be aware of.

• Like 1

01ea3b7b5a85b190c21197f7b5261e0d.jpg

Anyway, here is the shape I've been using, it's with Legacy bombshell, made it recently myself.

I wanted her to look like an elven person, with albinic features, gave you an Hourglass figure, because of the breast size, personally.

You don't have to go this size, you can go any other size, it doesn't matter.

And I have the same long neck, that's not changed at all.

• Like 1