Hello, I've seen several people wondering how to create their own shape and wondering how to do it, what's important is to know the basics first, before you create something you desire.

You learn the basics, first, then you can create any body shape you want. Also, realize that you don't have to be proportionate, if anyone is upset at you, about being unproportionate on a 3d Space with Fantasy, ignore them.

Have your big breasts and butt if you, if you're skinny then have your small breasts and flat butt as long as you enjoy yourself and know that you're a grown woman. same about men, Ignore people who has only but negative things to say about you and those around you. Anyways, you should take a look at shapes about women, and or men. I will be sharing shapes about women. These are the most common shapes of women, with Pear being the most popular shape, in second life, and Hourglass the second and the least popular is the rectangle body.

5d2c38db07d0c.thumb.png.35e15b644a29cdbb922414502cb19ab7.png

As you can see here, these are the most common, realistic shapes. You can see the difference in a lot of them,

• Hourglass have equal shoulder and hip width, curvy natural waist., just like an hourglass

• Triangle, aka pear shape, the widest part of them is the hips. Most of the weight goes to their lower body, they usually have smaller breasts.

• Inverted Triangle, basically the opposite of a pear shape, broader shoulders narrower hips. This is the most rare body type

• Rectangle, basically your body basically you're skinny, balanced, not very curvy. This is actually the most common body in athletic women, it's also picked on the most to be "boyish." It is, also, common for petite women. It is characterized by its overall smallness, small bust, small butt.

• Oval your body is broad and you're big boned, basically the least curvy and more wide.

So when you are creating your body, think about the shapes that you are trying to create, first. Don't think about your face, first... or do.... but the body you just think about shapes. What do you want? skinny? curvy?

Also, look into hips and how hips are form, in women. People will lead you to bellieve that women have longer hips, when it's not true. Women have wider hips and more thicker hips, but not longer hips. Men have longer hips and more narrow hips. However, this is S.L so have however long of hips you want, you want long hips, go for it. You want short hips, go for it.

877b3a3fa47ad6679fb98e878784bd73.png.439b9d6df1f2b1f35531b2e5a2000d8f.png

These are hip shapes that you can make with your body, for women, and it's valid

dd48286a75769d8f9fc62d6d407e43c6.thumb.png.1c0b3080d7f455cee6b128718730184d.png

If you have a hip dip, this is why you have a hip dip, you have to increase that part with more fat and or muscle.

53190ff55b55a07d534fdf883a9a9371.thumb.png.ec6ad659a806a4d1bd9cfd5c393ec7fd.png

Also, forgot to add this in, when making your body, remember that your wrists align with your crotch, you don't have to do that either if you don't want to, there are exceptions,

pear body usually do have longer hips, so the crotch line is farther down, that means your wrists sits above your crotch and most likely align with your palms.

If one does not understand the sections, for the body in edit menu, here is a basic run down.
~~~~~~~~~~~ Body Section -
• Height, self explainatory
• Body thickness, How wide you are overall, you want to be a wide person or a narrow person?
• Body Fat, this is how much fat, overall, is in your body.
• hover, how much you hover over the ground, 50 being default and means you're ground level by default.
~~~~~~~~~~~ Torso Section -
• Torso Muscles is how much fat muscle you want your upper body, you want thiccness you increase this
Neck Thickness, 50 is middle, left of 50 your neck becomes skinnier, right of 50 your neck because thicker.
• Neck Length, You want a short neck or tall neck? really tall is 100
• Shoulders, how wide or narrow do you want your shoulders?
• Breasts How big or small you want your breasts
• Breasts Buoyancy, You want boobs that look like they have less weight or boobs that look like they are affected by gravity?
• Breast Cleavage is how wide apart your boobs are or how close together they are, useful to play with if you're in a top or bikini
• Arm Length is how long you want your arms to be
• Hand size, how big or small you want your hands
• Torso Length, you want a short torso or long torso?
• Love Handles, this is your natural waist area. Tiny Waist vs wide waist
• Belly Size, how big you want your belly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~ Legs section -
• Leg muscles control the fat, muscle level of your legs, the higher it is the thiccer your legs
• Leg length is exactly as it says, Remember that men have longer legs than Women, on average but you can have the longest legs as you want.
• Hip width is how it says, how wide you want your hips, how narrow you want them
• Hip Length is how long you want your hips
• Butt Size increases your butt size, you want a small but or big butt?
• Saddle bags basically make your hips more rounder or narrower
• Knee angle is basically do you want to be bow legged, chicken legged or balanced? Balanced meaning the middle, 50 points. 100 is extremely bow legged. 0 Is extremely chicken legged.
• Feet size is self explanatory.
Left means smaller, if you're counting down from the center, right means bigger so 100 is the biggest, 0 the smallest.
Edited by Starberry Passion
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

It has always made me laugh that the difference between "hourglass" and "triangle" on diagrams like this is basically nothing yet we're supposed to believe it's some radically different shape. 'Triangle' looks nothing like a triangle!

This is all good advice though, it should be noted that most female bodies in SL simply do not allow for many of these shapes though. You are extremely limited if you want to have any shape other than hourglass/triangle for example, limited options for flattening the waist without increasing bodyfat etc.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

It has always made me laugh that the difference between "hourglass" and "triangle" on diagrams like this is basically nothing yet we're supposed to believe it's some radically different shape. 'Triangle' looks nothing like a triangle!

This is all good advice though, it should be noted that most female bodies in SL simply do not allow for many of these shapes though. You are extremely limited if you want to have any shape other than hourglass/triangle for example, limited options for flattening the waist without increasing bodyfat etc.

That's not true,  you can have these body shapes on all of the female bodies, that are popular., just Hourglass and Triangle are the two popular

and there are differences between the two and I explained the difference. If you need a photo of the two, here

pear body/Triangle: dcfc425c686ce2c0546057be3b3bd610.png.434ce90ef0546375de47ddc563afe0a4.png

Note how she is bottom heavy. and her shoulders are less wider than her hips

~~~

Hourglass: 29069db8b74e01b114f43d5177b4140c.png.c8041058650a67f840c0d235d5864b88.png

Note how she is more balanced, tiny waist.

• Like 5

Just now, Zallia Creeley said:

Thanks for this. I spent the weekend redoing my shape, and it's nice to see some theory behind this,

You're welcome. I like making shapes, I draw and I like anatomy.

I seen a few people asking about shapes and stuff, I decided to make something about it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Starberry Passion said:

That's not true,  you can have these body shapes on all of the female bodies, that are popular., just Hourglass and Triangle are the two popular

and there are differences between the two and I explained the difference. If you need a photo of the two, here

pear body/Triangle: dcfc425c686ce2c0546057be3b3bd610.png.434ce90ef0546375de47ddc563afe0a4.png

Note how she is bottom heavy. and her shoulders are less wider than her hips

~~~

Hourglass: 29069db8b74e01b114f43d5177b4140c.png.c8041058650a67f840c0d235d5864b88.png

Note how she is more balanced, tiny waist.

Which bodies in SL can achieve a Rectangle or Oval shaped body (and look good)? never seen one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Which bodies in SL can achieve a Rectangle or Oval shaped body (and look good)? never seen one.

I'm pretty sure Reborn is naturally a pear shaped body. I've also seen a few Maitreya achieve this, Oval shape is usually common in more body builders, so people who like a muscular shape go for that, or women who just want to be big, which looks good to some people, round women

So did legacy. You're trying to tell me that these are not popular or do not look good but they're the most wanted shapes.

here is my legacy with a pear shape.

009be5c12aab6d8e8bc20e94da1bb4d1.thumb.png.3c92bc602d04d5fd4185fb1ed2aad27f.png

The only thing I've seen you doing, right now, is just being judgemental and negative towards bodies. Even though I said these are the normal, basic body types irl, that you should be aware of to make body shapes in S.L, all you've been doing is talking down on bodies and mesh bodies.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

I'm pretty sure Reborn is naturally a pear shaped body. I've also seen a few Maitreya achieve this, Oval shape is usually common in more body builders, so people who like a muscular shape go for that, or women who just want to be big, which looks good to some people, round women

So did legacy. You're trying to tell me that these are not popular or do not look good but they're the most wanted shapes.

The only thing I've seen you doing, right now, is just being judgemental and negative towards bodies. Even though I said these are the normal, basic body types irl, that you should be aware of to make body shapes in S.L, all you've been doing is talking down on bodies and mesh bodies.

here is the rest, including rectangle and oval 4662603fef29b3b6f4b2051c379171fd.jpg

474531b5dba44f06d56a60889b9ac75b.png

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

You're misunderstanding me, sorry. I'm not talking down on anything...I just don't see how certain shapes can be achieved with the most popular bodies in SL, the shape system doesn't allow for it.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

You're misunderstanding me, sorry. I'm not talking down on anything...I just don't see how certain shapes can be achieved with the most popular bodies in SL, the shape system doesn't allow for it.

It does, I just showed you that it does. I just made every shape I said, with a Legacy body.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Starberry Passion said:

If you have a hip dip, this is why you have a hip dip, you have to increase that part with more fat and or muscle.

Hip dips are nice and quite common in RL. I have never seen them in SL, though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Clem Marques said:

Hip dips are nice and quite common in RL. I have never seen them in SL, though. 

That's mostly because a lot of people like to increase their saddle bags, to make their hips bigger. I'll make my saddle bags to 0

and look, you can see hip dips in my hips

f8cadd2d7271e8f6b875bd31b9a0ae20.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

I just don't see how certain shapes can be achieved with the most popular bodies in SL, the shape system doesn't allow for it.

23 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

I just made every shape I said, with a Legacy body.

I'd say it's even easier to achieve a wide variety of shapes with the maitreya body, especially if you use deformers and add-ons.

Certain bodies just aren't going to work for certain shapes because the creators have already accentuated some aspects of the anatomy beyond what the appearance sliders can compensate for, but there are enough popular bodies that you can find one or two that will accommodate almost any shape.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

I'd say it's even easier to achieve a wide variety of shapes with the maitreya body, especially if you use deformers and add-ons.

Certain bodies just aren't going to work for certain shapes because the creators have already accentuated some aspects of the anatomy beyond what the appearance sliders can compensate for, but there are enough popular bodies that you can find one or two that will accommodate almost any shape.

I don't think so, Both Legacy and Maitreya achieve similar body shapes, but you can achieve the same with others just with reborn you'll have a butt.

Legacy is smaller in size, except the butt is bigger but they are more similar than you think I just made the shapes not too long ago, Someone said there is no one with a good rectangle shape.

You can make this shape on a legacy, like so

517fbb2a2fb43bf651620b086e9bb574.png This is a Legacy body

and you can make a similar shape on a Maitreya, you just have to make  a few changes to it, here and there and vice versa.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

I don't think so, Both Legacy and Maitreya achieve similar body shapes, but you can achieve the same with others just with reborn you'll have a butt.

Legacy is smaller in size, except the butt is bigger but they are more similar than you think I just made the shapes not too long ago, Someone said there is no one with a good rectangle shape.

You can make this shape on a legacy, like so. This is a Legacy body

and you can make a similar shape on a Maitreya, you just have to make  a few changes to it, here and there and vice versa.

This is interesting. I saw someone with a similar shape in Legacy yesterday and was convinced they used deformers to get it.

1 minute ago, Zallia Creeley said:

Any chance there is a way we can get copies of these?

Nice to have a better starting point.

Sorry, I created all of these temporarily, I didn't make them separately, so i didn't save them. I only use a personal shape.

But I can, since you're new, make you a shape or try to, can't make any promises, of a shape you'd want to wear, for your body. Idk what kind of face you want, just message me inworld

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Zallia Creeley said:

This is interesting. I saw someone with a similar shape in Legacy yesterday and was convinced they used deformers to get it.

I am not using deformers at all, you don't need to use deformers to be petite with Legacy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

You can make this shape on a legacy, like so

517fbb2a2fb43bf651620b086e9bb574.png This is a Legacy body

I'll admit I've got way more experience working with the Maitreya body and haven't really bothered with the Legacy.  I guess since most people go with the typical hourglass or pear shapes I just assumed Legacy wasn't as versatile as the Maitreya.

I agree you can definitely create a wider variety of shapes than you normally see around SL, it's just a matter of choosing the right bodies for the right shapes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

Sorry, I created all of these temporarily, I didn't make them separately, so i didn't save them. I only use a personal shape.

But I can, since you're new, make you a shape or try to, can't make any promises, of a shape you'd want to wear, for your body. Idk what kind of face you want, just message me inworld

Ah, I see. 

I am only new to the forums. I've been in SL for 17 years :)

I am as happy with my shape as possible. What ends up happening is I tweak something, realize I tweak my starting shape without save-as ing it and going "ugh". One of these days I need to jot the digits down.

3 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

I am not using deformers as all, you don't need to use deformers to be petite with Legacy.

Yeah, thanks. One of these days I need to work out a petite shape for my Legacy build. I've been a hourglass build for so long it might be time for a change.

Thanks again for all this. It is great information. 

Edited by Zallia Creeley
  • Like 1

I like what you wrote here about body shaping and I would like to add a few tipps I am using.

One technique I call "working inward or outward?".

It starts by setting the body thickness first.

Outward means that the starting body thickness is smaller, then shoulders, hip, love handles etc. can slide better/differently outwards.

Inward is off course a wider start body thickness, and shoulders, hip, etc. go inwards in a different way as with the Outward technique.

What you can do with this really depends on the body brand and type but it can help to make some parts more like one prefers, or even "fix" them. Particularly shoulders and hip can be made very different with that.

For heads the same idea. By starting with a wider or smaller head depth or width, you can work differently with nose, mouth, eyes...etc.

I would also like to add to put an eye of what the "knee angle" does (can't remember the exact name) on the shape of the hips.

Add last but not least, I only discovered body deformers while I moved to Ebody Reborn. Great possibilities with that ❤️

Actually, it was only with the above techniques that I decided to move to Reborn. I don't do Reborn "the right way" 😁 , my shape looks rather like a Maitreya/Legacy mash-up with Reborn curviness 😍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zallia Creeley said:

Ah, I see. 

I am only new to the forums. I've been in SL for 17 years :)

I am as happy with my shape as possible. What ends up happening is I tweak something, realize I tweak my starting shape without save-as ing it and going "ugh". One of these days I need to jot the digits down.

Yeah, thanks. One of these days I need to work out a petite shape for my Legacy build. I've been a hourglass build for so long it might be time for a change.

Thanks again for all this. It is great information. 

Ah okay, I see. I make a lot of shapes for each outfit like I can't stop.... every time I'm a reborn or a legacy.... if I'm in a certain outfit....

and I dislike people looking exactly like me, even though I do want to have a twin so it's complicated. I feel that a lot of women in S.L just look so similar and I just like being unique, if that makes sense. But I figured some have trouble with their shape, so just wanted to give them info upon it.

I wear a Legacy Perky body with petite add on, that's why my breasts are smaller in rectangle shape.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Samara Sharkfin said:
5 minutes ago, Samara Sharkfin said:

I like what you wrote here about body shaping and I would like to add a few tipps I am using.

One technique I call "working inward or outward?".

It starts by setting the body thickness first.

Outward means that the starting body thickness is smaller, then shoulders, hip, love handles etc. can slide better/differently outwards.

Inward is off course a wider start body thickness, and shoulders, hip, etc. go inwards in a different way as with the Outward technique.

What you can do with this really depends on the body brand and type but it can help to make some parts more like one prefers, or even "fix" them. Particularly shoulders and hip can be made very different with that.

For heads the same idea. By starting with a wider or smaller head depth or width, you can work differently with nose, mouth, eyes...etc.

I would also like to add to put an eye of what the "knee angle" does (can't remember the exact name) on the shape of the hips.

Add last but not least, I only discovered body deformers while I moved to Ebody Reborn. Great possibilities with that ❤️

Actually, it was only with the above techniques that I decided to move to Reborn. I don't do Reborn "the right way" 😁 , my shape looks rather like a Maitreya/Legacy mash-up with Reborn curviness 😍

Sorry, I didn't understand some of this. I really just start out with shaping the body, and then setting a thickness.

As for the head, I start with the eyes, the nose and then mouth and work my way outwards and then make small changes, every time I make changes  to a different area, I adjust another, but it's never uniform. I hope this helps someone, none the less, any information is good info. It's just another way to work on a body, to get the same results.

15 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

just with reborn you'll have a butt.

I canceled 😋 the Reborn butt with two deformers. One is included with the body as add-on attachement, plus "The V" that has many deformer positions that can rotate it and move it further up and inwards.  I use that because I could not find something similar yet (...but still looking). Hence my butt it tinier, but still can't be really tiny or "flat".

Before moving to Reborn I was wondering why people would wear The V while shopping...

Now I know. ...and I do it myself. 😁

BTW, The V can also deform breasts 🤤

Issue with all those deformers is that some clothes may glitch. So check your deformers before telling people that it's badly rigged 😇

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

Sorry, I didn't understand some of this. I really just start out with shaping the body, and then setting a thickness.

Yes you are right. I just wanted to mention that for some bodies it may make a difference.

For example Legacy sliders can go further compared to Maitreya, or Reborn is rather larger to start with, and you can't go down that much.

By using the body thickness as starting point you can partly work around those limitations ("oh noes, the slider is already at 0" or 100) and even find it easier to get were you want. 😀

Edited by Samara Sharkfin
  • Like 1