For what does SL use double clicks?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 65 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Β  Β For shooting two bullets with a semi-automatic, or for sustained fire with a fully-automatic.Β Nods.

Tricky as its second nature now but a lot of inventory stuff (opening NCs, textures, scripts etc and also LMs). Never seen a triple click which would probably drive me deolally anyway.

(Same with 'long click' but I do use that a lot in scripting as its easy enough as only action on touch_end anyway. Just reset time in touch_start and compare))

• Like 1

Boomers always double-click on hyperlinks.

[Edit] Double clicks can not be distinguished from single clicks by scripted objects in SL, if the click interval is less than 0.1 seconds. This is, in my personal opinion, way too long. An object should be able to distinguish double clicks that are 0.05 seconds apart, or less. It's an SL shortcoming, so I won't design anything in SL that requires a double click.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Sad 1

Firestorm has the option to use double click for direct teleports via the world map or mini map (not sure what other viewers have that feature)

Firestorm also has the option to walk your avi to a location within a region based on double clicking the area of ground you want to walk to.

Single long-clicks are also used on some vehicles for various switches, especially ones used for lights, where standard click = left turn signal, long click = right turn signal

etc

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 65 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.