Are we ever gonna be able to hide account age?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

On another note, how does one apply to be elected to the council?  Asking for a friend...

Not sure, it's either like Fight Club (which we can't talk about out) / Highlander (there can be only one), or you get nominated by acclimation, or # likes, or you have to be one of Maddy's primary Alts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I guess the point is lost on me. I’m quite happy to have been in SL a while and could care less if people make assumptions about my RL age based on my avatar creation date 🙂

If people have issues w *my* age, that’s THEIR issue…….. I. Wish them luck when THEY reach a few chronological milestones 🙂

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d738b638271fabaf9547

Edited by Amanda Crisp
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Only when the proposed changes are really, really BAD.

Examples:

Forcing everyone to log in EVERY time, at a single G rated info hub.

Giving squatters the right to rez houses indefinatly in LLDWP rez zones, by pretending their house is a car.

Turning SL into a super low quality first person shooter to attract "leet gamerz".

Imitating ANY aspect of IMVSpew/CrapBlox.

Like privacy for landowners? To hear some tell it, it would be the end of SL if people don't use 0 second orbs! And well "IMVSpew/CrapBlox" does have a bigger and better MP and higher concurrency. SL admins could probably learn a thing or two from other platforms but don't let that get in the way of Our world as We see it.

20 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

By spamming "scorn laughs" on the posts by the only person who knows the Truth is out there, thanks to their ACME Tin-Foil-Hat.

Shhhhh! Don't repeat this to the group-think sheeple, or they will ALL want a seat on the Council.

Ahh I should use scorn laughs more on posts of people who overly dramatize and have no idea on the truth but they seem to have convinced themselves it is as bad as they make it out to be and sway the gullible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Amanda Crisp said:

I guess the point is lost on me. I’m quite happy to have been in SL a while and could care less if people make assumptions about my RL age based on my avatar creation date 🙂

If people have issues w *my* age, that’s THEIR issue…….. I. Wish them luck when THEY reach a few chronological milestones 🙂

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d738b638271fabaf9547

I only laughed because of the GIF, otherwise I completely agree with your post.  Wish we could do combination reactions.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Phew, I must be in the clear then because I already posted my apathy either way to the proposal :P

On another note, how does one apply to be elected to the council?  Asking for a friend...

Yeah you'd be disqualified as a result of actually creating a free script to make paranoid landowners lives better. Instead of being a critic, you actually did something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Like privacy for landowners?

That isn't a really bad "suggestion for a new feature that benefits all", it's the way things ARE already, and changing that to HURT thousands of residential parcel owners for the benefit of less than 50 over-entitled fanatic, would be a classic example of a really bad idea.

17 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Ahh I should use scorn laughs more on posts of people who overly dramatize and have no idea on the truth

"If we don't get the right to trespass, EVERYONE will migrate to IMVSpew because folder trees are too hard for PC using humans to understand" 

You can't scorn laugh at your own posts. You'd have to create an alt.

Just saying.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

That isn't a really bad "suggestion for a new feature that benefits all", it's the way things ARE already, and changing that to HURT thousands of residential parcel owners for the benefit of less than 50 over-entitled fanatic, would be a classic example of a really bad idea.

"If we don't get the right to trespass, EVERYONE will migrate to IMVSpew because folder trees are too hard for PC using humans to understand" 

You can't scorn laugh at your own posts. You'd have to create an alt.

Just saying.

why would anyone leave Second Life for IMVU? There is no comparison.

And talk about cartoons… 😂

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added words
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

What a concept, if everyone could just scorn laugh their own posts though how much effort would that save everyone else?

I have an idea: Laugh emoji responses should contribute to "Points"!

That may discourage people from using "laugh" responses in "scorn"!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Thanks! AFAIK, not "all" emoji reactions contribute to "points".

Correct, they all don't.  I could be wrong about this but I thought the Like, Laugh do and the Confused, Sad don't.  Though in the past I could have sworn those last two took points away but I might be wrong about that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Correct, they all don't.  I could be wrong about this but I thought the Like, Laugh do and the Confused, Sad don't.  Though in the past I could have sworn those last two took points away but I might be wrong about that.

I hope that "Thanks" does! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Phew, I must be in the clear then because I already posted my apathy either way to the proposal :P

You have to go before the FIC, which meets at a super secret location inworld, only accessible by invitation.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

By spamming "scorn laughs" on the posts by the only person who knows the Truth is out there, thanks to their ACME Tin-Foil-Hat.

Shhhhh! Don't repeat this to the group-think sheeple, or they will ALL want a seat on the Council.

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

only if i also get a lifetime membership for the tinfoilhat club

1 hour ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Lifetime memberships cost USD 799 and there are limited places available.

You also have to bring your own tinfoil, BYOF.

Anyway, the Tinfoil Hat Club and the Council of Judges are in opposition to each other, so the only way someone could be in both groups is by having a super secret, double-agent alt in one or both of them. (Then they can also leave scorn laughs on their own posts to boost their forum rating) 🤫

...Oh, I think I might have let too much slip about the "fight club".... No, no. "Fight Club" is actually another name for SL Wrestling. That's what I'm talking about, not the FIC. 🥹

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

You also have to bring your own tinfoil, BYOF.

Anyway, the Tinfoil Hat Club and the Council of Judges are in opposition to each other, so the only way someone could be in both groups is by having a super secret, double-agent alt in one or both of them. (Then they can also leave scorn laughs on their own posts to boost their forum rating) 🤫

...Oh, I think I might have let too much slip about the "fight club".... No, no. "Fight Club" is actually another name for SL Wrestling. That's what I'm talking about, not the FIC. 🥹

You seem to know a lot about this.

tenor.gif?itemid=18228484

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I suspect @Persephone Emerald is part of the Big Tinfoil Lobby.

Actually no. I just have a Facebook friend who's part of the Tin Foil Lobby.

Btw, aluminum foil is generally preferred over tin foil for lobbyists, not as is widely thought because it's cheaper, but because tin is primarily produced by China and a few smaller Asian counties. What they don't realize unfortunately, is that aluminium is primarily mined by Russia, the UAE, and Canada. Don't even get me started on where the bauxite used to make secondary aluminum comes from. No matter what they do, the foil hat people can't get away from supporting the New World Order conglomerate in some way.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
To add info about tin and aluminum production.

23 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

the only way someone could be in both groups is by having a super secret, double-agent alt in one or both of them. (Then they can also leave scorn laughs on their own posts to boost their forum rating) 🤫

i have 35 to pick one, or even more... with those memberships fees i'd like to be the treasurer or cassier....

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.