The most used PG keyword - Sim Search

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What PG keywords are used the most, in most sim listings? For example, if you type sex, you get the most traffic in SL. A list of like:

b430fb751eb6a9ac405885f624cc3c89.png

But what are the most common keywords for PG areas that rival traffic like this? Cause my results, for like 99% of my keywords ( and believe me, I'm attempting some pretty broad, blanket, keywords in hopes of finding new places to go) , look more like this:

3a5d1d82e9551d1e4223d6492cc2fad8.png

But the  top 8 are the generic clubs that have been in SL since 2003 and couldn't be more dry (usually some big square with everyone dancing the same dumb dance and playing iLoOOOVETHiiissTUuuUNE.) Not sure how they're even alive, but they are... I'm just trying to find better places to hangout than SL's most popular sims , which are sex sims and let's face it, senior citizen clubs. Nothing against anyone, but I feel stuck in ancient time every time I search places in SL. 

And then when you get down to 20,000 traffic or less, it's often DEAD. Usually sims where there's a few people spread across the sim, not congregating.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

My suggestion is to forget about the most popular keywords. Pick a random word that interests you or pops into your head, then go down the list to find a sim that sounds interesting. Keep doing this, while you save LMs for places that look interesting or have actual people in them. Remember, many of those Adult or RP sims are full of bots that drive up a fake traffic number.

Some suggestions for interesting sims:

The Wastelands, New Toulouse, any large amusement park, and the Welcome Hub.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

My suggestion is to forget about the most popular keywords. Pick a random word that interests you or pops into your head, then go down the list to find a sim that sounds interesting. Keep doing this, while you save LMs for places that look interesting or have actual people in them. Remember, many of those Adult or RP sims are full of bots that drive up a fake traffic number.

Some suggestions for interesting sims:

The Wastelands, New Toulouse, any large amusement park, and the Welcome Hub.

Thanks. I've been to a few of those.

3 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Thats why a lot of people hang out at sex sims.  You can just stand there, there is no rule you have to do it.

You don't understand. I'm extremely sexy and can't go to those sims without being harassed >:C! ( Wait, maybe you're extremely sexy too and do understand. >:C )

Edited by Midnoot
  • Like 2

Personally, i find clubs that play music full of guys that are trying to chat up girls, it's even worse then sex sims.  Which is weird when i go there to zone out and listen to music.  Really not sure what other people go to music clubs for, lol.

• Like 1

My suggestion is to stop looking for places and start looking for events. For example, I recently joined the Everything Indie group and get regular announcements for music events with the kind of music I like, with pretty decent turnout, in places that are otherwise vacant when nothing's scheduled. Not a lot of gesture spamming at these, and a fairly talkative crowd. A smaller, low traffic club of whatever genre you like will probably be empty most of the time but will also have an events schedule posted. Go to some of those, and if you like the DJ join their fan group for other announcements (most good DJs have multiple venues and fan followers), and someone may be able to suggest an announcement group for events of that genre.

That's obviously for music specifically, but I know there are groups that coordinate other activities like grid drives.

• Like 5

Sims with consistent traffic and activity are going to tend to be a bit similar, because they're all well-established, and frequented by well-established residents. They tend to get a little stuck in time because that's what keeps them going, not changing much of anything.

If you want to hang out where lots of people hang out, you're going to be hanging out with people who like what the majority likes, because they are the majority. If your interests are off the beaten path from this, you're naturally going to find fewer people congregating where these interests prevail.

Consider: Most people don't do SL. Of the percentage who do, the majority likes stuff I'm either not into or got tired of years ago, or haven't yet taken any interest in. Of those who do like the things I like, and share common ground with me, only a percentage are on at the same time as me. Of this percentage, only some are going to be hanging out where I hang out at any given time. Out of that percentage, I might or might not really vibe with (or get along with) a percentage. So, where I like to hang out, there might be 6 or 7 people, 3 or 4 of whom I know/am familiar with, and maybe 2 or 3 that I'll end up hanging out with or talking to on the regular.

It's not about finding out where the most people hang out. That doesn't bring the happiness people seek if they're not into crowds of 80's fans dancing and using gestures because they're too busy to chat while at work. It's about finding where people with similar interests like to hang out, and meeting them. I've found over my time in SL that it's all just a patience game.

One thing that might help is finding places you think are spiffy, and trying as hard as you can to enjoy them all alone. Then, when the inevitable happens and this backfires, change gears and enjoy the company of those who inevitably find and try to chat with you. It's like waiting for the bus; if you want the bus to come, try doing something you can't do on the bus, and try to enjoy it before the bus gets there. The bus will come right then.

Once you trick the grid into sending you interesting and fun people to chat with despite itself, you're all set.

As for keywords, well... Any place that adheres to using specific and applicable keywords will have less traffic, and show up in fewer searches. If anything, this only tends to preserve said places from becoming 80's Mall Clones. Remember also, it's better to have 4 quarters than a hundred pennies. Quantity is for bottom feeders, lol.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

It's not about finding out where the most people hang out. That doesn't bring the happiness people seek if they're not into crowds of 80's fans dancing and using gestures because they're too busy to chat while at work. It's about finding where people with similar interests like to hang out, and meeting them. I've found over my time in SL that it's all just a patience game.

One thing that might help is finding places you think are spiffy, and trying as hard as you can to enjoy them all alone. Then, when the inevitable happens and this backfires, change gears and enjoy the company of those who inevitably find and try to chat with you. It's like waiting for the bus; if you want the bus to come, try doing something you can't do on the bus, and try to enjoy it before the bus gets there. The bus will come right then.

Once you trick the grid into sending you interesting and fun people to chat with despite itself, you're all set.

I've been finding those little places that have 10,000-20,000 and I hung out with people in them for like 10 years. The last 4 years however, have been a dry spell as those sims die off and I search for new ones. You are right about it being a patience game, forming those little cliques, but I don't have time for it anymore and just wanna go where the majority are because its easier... But the majority seems to be extremely limited, lol. I'm not able to sit in a sim alone and hope something happens. I get anxious and start hopping around until I rage quit at the lack of any signs of life outside the club/sex sims.  ;` ;..

Events are too temporary. No time to wait around for them. I'll be at mandatory RL slavery camp by time they happen. 

038a559c727768525ab33ea973042f33.jpg

7552eb16725b5fa845f7a97decc5f181.jpg

I didn't say go park with a sense of anticipation, waiting for people. I said try to be alone. There's a difference.

If I try to find people in groups, and hang out, I often fail. If I try to find empty places to be alone in, I always fail. It's a matter of intent.

If you know it takes patience, but you haven't any, then you've answered your own dilemma. You haven't enough time or patience to get the best results.

My advice in this case would be to go where you know there will be people, but the theme or purpose of the place isn't stuck on any one particular interest or other. As in, not a music club, not a niche RP sim, etc.

Maybe try cruising the Welcome Hub. I'd bet a lot of the people who go there are looking for where people are who might just want to hang out and chat and meet new friends. Otherwise, what can I say, it's what we make of it.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 4

I see what Pheeby is saying it's like if you're not looking for SL Love that's when it's going to smack you right in the face, just like making new friends.  If you are happy in your world the rest will follow.

Edited by JUSTUS Palianta
No speak englis today.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

I see what Pheeby is saying it like if your not looking for SL Love that's when its gonna smack you right in the face, just like making new friends.  If you are happy in your world the rest will follow.

Exactly this. If things aren't going your way, just go with things instead, and watch it turn around. Because as soon as you decide you're perfectly happy as you are, boom. It'll change to something else.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

People that expect a lot of entertainment from SL but expect to not contribute anything. 🤷‍♀️

What makes you think I don't contribute? I'm often one of the only mfs talking in local chat. Lol.  While 10 afk wallflowers are afk, waiting for the chat to build more than a paragraph for them to read, then go back to gaming with SL minimized. :p... Not that I don't also do that sometimes.

I log in a few hours before work which feels like minutes and try my best. " Guys , please, my time is not long in this world, respond to me D:! "  * afk wallflowers with all the time in the world * " Eventually. "  Then I log back into a few IMS from them the next day lolol.

25 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

I didn't say go park with a sense of anticipation, waiting for people. I said try to be alone. There's a difference.

If I try to find people in groups, and hang out, I often fail. If I try to find empty places to be alone in, I always fail. It's a matter of intent.

If you know it takes patience, but you haven't any, then you've answered your own dilemma. You haven't enough time or patience to get the best results.

My advice in this case would be to go where you know there will be people, but the theme or purpose of the place isn't stuck on any one particular interest or other. As in, not a music club, not a niche RP sim, etc.

Maybe try cruising the Welcome Hub. I'd bet a lot of the people who go there are looking for where people are who might just want to hang out and chat and meet new friends. Otherwise, what can I say, it's what we make of it.

There is no trying. If I want to be alone, I'll not log in . Or stay in my linden home, or gth to 3000 meters, or stand on the outskirts of the sim watch everyone from there like a psychopath while I get "inspiration" from them from afar. >.>... IKnowYou'veSeenThem.

Anyway, this is all besides the points. I guess nobody here even searches for places ,lol.

You don't have to wait for events, you find out when they are and you show up at them. If they suck you find another one. It's just like RL; most places suck and most people are annoying, it takes a little legwork to find the people you vibe with. I don't know what you're imagining but you can't put in a keyword and find that, and I've been in SL long enough to know it's always been like that, regardless of the age of this lewd alt.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ezbeharra said:

You don't have to wait for events, you find out when they are and you show up at them. If they suck you find another one. It's just like RL; most places suck and most people are annoying, it takes a little legwork to find the people you vibe with. I don't know what you're imagining but you can't put in a keyword and find that, and I've been in SL long enough to know it's always been like that, regardless of the age of this lewd alt.

I'm not expecting any magic . I'm simply wondering what keywords other people use to find active places, but it seems nobody even uses key words. They just have a circle of social friends who teleport them everywhere. Where them heroes at who're finding all these places for you guys? >:C! Probably too occupied doing all the hard work , not resorting to forums. lololol. Not that I don't appreciate the alternative suggestions.

Edited by Midnoot

9 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

I'm not expecting any magic . I'm simply wondering what keywords other people use to find active places, but it seems nobody even uses key words. They just have a circle of social friends who teleport them everywhere. Where them heroes at who're finding all these places for you guys? >:C! Probably too occupied doing all the hard work , not resorting to forums. lololol. Not that I don't appreciate the alternative suggestions.

I said, join an announce group for stuff you like. Nobody teleports me anywhere unless they're planning to rail me. Otherwise I go to stuff that gets announced and chat and have fun, even though I don't know any of those people. Yeah, search sucks, it's terrible. The best places have a nice crowd for a couple of hours, a couple of days a week, so their overall traffic is so low they'll be way down on the search results. Also, parcel owners game the traffic numbers with bots even though they're not supposed to. Search groups for stuff you like, sort by number of members, join one and see if there are any notices for events. There's a bunch of "such-and-such Music Informer" groups that might be helpful.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

What makes you think I don't contribute?

1 hour ago, Midnoot said:

You are right about it being a patience game, forming those little cliques, but I don't have time for it anymore and just wanna go where the majority are because its easier...

• Like 2

I search places for potted, foxtrot, plantpets and papillon because that's what I'm interested in.  Which is absolutely no use to you because we don't have the same interests.  I do the things that make me happy and then i look up and discover i am surrounded by many vibrant communities filled with amazing people, who became my friends.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Midnoot said:

But the  top 8 are the generic clubs that have been in SL since 2003 and couldn't be more dry (usually some big square with everyone dancing the same dumb dance and playing iLoOOOVETHiiissTUuuUNE.) Not sure how they're even alive, but they are... I'm just trying to find better places to hangout than SL's most popular sims , which are sex sims and let's face it, senior citizen clubs. Nothing against anyone, but I feel stuck in ancient time every time I search places in SL. 

You are obviously  way too young for SL.  Come back in 40 years and you will love the most popular generic clubs with us senior citizens.  I didn't join SL until I was 68, and found many friends, activities, and music I enjoy.  You don't have enough patience to try some of the search suggestions made here.  Another sign you are too young for SL.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

You are obviously  way too young for SL.  Come back in 40 years and you will love the most popular generic clubs with us senior citizens.  I didn't join SL until I was 68, and found many friends, activities, and music I enjoy.  You don't have enough patience to try some of the search suggestions made here.  Another sign you are too young for SL.

Hopefully SL doesn't die from stagnated water poisoning before I reach the ripe age of +40 years from now when I can enjoy it as you do. :C

• Haha 1

There are SO many blatant mistakes in the "strategy" outlined here.

First one is assuming that only PG-Rated places are "social". That's never been true, there is no "advantage" to seeking only PG places, expecially ass PG in SSL means G Raated. In fact G rated places are some of the WORST places to go.

Then there's assuming that MASSIVE traffic numbers and avatars on sim means "massive social activity". That's also not true, once you get over about 15 avatars in one 20 m active chat radius, local chat becomes a nightmare, moving too fast to follow, so a lot of people STOP following it, and you end up with most people standing silent, engaged in IM's.

Then there's the complete nonsense about "can't go to A rated sims because I'm sexy and get harassed", you can get harassed on any rating of sim, and the harassers on G and M rated places tend to be more desperate and more offensive.

Then there's the assumption that there is some magic PG rated search term that will magically yield super high traffic, super crowded, super chatty sims where everyone is falling over them selves to entertain you. There isn't. The only keywords you should EVER search for are ones you are already interested in and enjoy or ones you are curious about.

Perhaps the biggest mistake of all is the whole "I'm ENTITLED to social activity damn it, you are supposed to ENTERTAIN ME!" thing. telling everyone near you that you only have a short time there, and demanding they talk to you, is the BEST way ever invented to guarantee they WON'T.

"Hey guys! I'm the sexiest avatar here, but don't talk sexy to me, also I'm only here for 59 mins 50 seconds, I demand you talk to me and entertain me NOW!"

I see somebody like that port into a place I'm hanging out at, I assume they are an over-entitled jerk, and I just pretend they are NOT THERE. I'm under no obligation to entertain over-entitled sim hopping entertainment-leeches. I'd rather talk to people I share interests and attitudes with than random outsiders searching for the "social activity" they THINK they are entitled to, regardless of how badly out of sync with the venue they are.

"Hey guys, why are you all here listening to that dreadful [insert genre] music, instead of having cool conversations about [some drek that's nothing to do with the venue] ?"

Idiots who go to a "Sonic the Hedge Pig" convention and ask a group of 12 year olds if they want to share their experiences with "being recovering alcoholics", are unlikely to get a lot of "recovering alcoholics" social activity. Going somewhere that's NOT your kind of place, at random and expecting that everyone will want to talk to you about your preferred topic is IDIOTIC.

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

In 40 years SL would of died coz we got no phone ap and people will have chips in their brain by then.  But SL will still need a desktop computer!

In 40 years, us ancient's will still be alive, because Elon Musk is working on brain transplants, with more reliable parts than we have now.  You won't need a desktop computer either, you will carry a self contained tiny desktop, implanted somewhere...  SL will still be around, since they will have wireless working by then, so just tune in...

Edited by Jaylinbridges

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.