looking for home

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am looking for a place to put a house. Either a land or a plateform.  

I understand that I should calculate how many land impact I need.  I would say 150.  Easy to find skybox but they are all furnished.  Is it possible to have some empty place? How much does that count. I start my research and see all kind of price.

I hear that we must expect around 1L$ per LI is it correct ?

Land and living has a lot of different possibilities.

First there is mainland.
Here one can buy a parcel of the size one needs. The parcel price varies enormously, because people value some properties more than others.
After the purchase of land one pays a monthly maintenance fee.
One needs to be a premium member.
Buying land by Jeremy Linden.

Then there is Bellisseria.
There is a premium membership needed. Some of these memberships allow you to get one of the Bellisseria homes. They are sorted by themes.
The houses are unfurnished, you get a LI allowance. One has to stay in theme.  Some themes require a premium plus membership.  Beside the house one gets a stipend and other perks.
Premium memberschip  -  Bellisseria homes

Private land.
One can buy/rent land on private sims too. These sims are owned by other residents\land barons. You buy/lease the land directly from them. No premium account needed.
The buying is mostly free or for a few L$. It gives you landowner rights. One has to pay rent. The land stays owned by the person\land baron you bought it from.
There are a long standing trustworthy big names out there who have always a lot of land in stock.
You can find them here on these forums in the land section, on the marketplace where they advertise.

Never pay much rent upfront until you are certain that you are on the right spot. Linden Lab stays as always out of disputes between residents.
Same goes with parcels rented on mainland from other residents\land barons.

Good luck with the chase. :)

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Sid Nagy is mostly correct, but forgot one option.

You can purchase a Plus account, which is less expensive than Premium or Premium Plus. This lets you buy 512 m of mainland (175 Land Impact). You could also purchase more tier, which would allow you to buy more land, but would cost you a monthy maintenance fee.

512 m isn't generally enough land for a house and furnishings, but might be enough for a simple skybox. Apple Fall has an excellent free skybox called New York Appartment. Other low land impact skyboxes are also available on Marketplace or inworld.

The best value is an annual Premium subscription for $ 99 US, which lets you either buy 1024 m of mainland (with no monthly fees) or pick a free Linden Home.

p.s.

You can also add a skybox or platform over a Linden Home, as long as it is at 2000 m above or higher.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Gabriel Isodo said:

I am looking for a place to put a house. Either a land or a plateform.  

I understand that I should calculate how many land impact I need.  I would say 150.  Easy to find skybox but they are all furnished.  Is it possible to have some empty place? How much does that count. I start my research and see all kind of price.

I hear that we must expect around 1L$ per LI is it correct ?

You also want to keep in mind that 150Li  usually won't be enough for a house and furnishing. 

Edited by Sam Bellisserian
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sam Bellisserian said:

You also want to keep in mind that 150Li  usually won't be enough for a house and furnishing. 

But 150 LI can quite easily cover a simple skybox and furnishings.  Most skyboxes are only 1 or 2 rooms, so furnishing them doesn't take much.

• Like 4

Here you have a rare ocean front parcel with 156 prims that comes with Sunset views on the ocean. You do not have to live in the air but will be able to build your house on the ground as you would like. You can also terraform the island and landscape your property to match with your home. You can also have both a platform and build on the ground as well if you wish.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dreamworld Coral/5/121/21

I did also IM you in world. You can IM me when you have any questions or wish to speak more about the island ok.

Count Burks

You can look at Skybeam.. They have a first land sim that gives double prims.. I haven't lived on that sim in awhile, but it wasn't much to live there and it's a really nice community to be part of.. I think for a 512 sized lot I had like 400+ prims.. it's been awhile so I may be wrong on the exact amount, but it was a good amount..

I think they even have a little bit bigger lots in that sim as well..

I've lived in the community my whole SL pretty much and it's been nice and peaceful the whole way..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.