New Year's Eve Plans in Second Life

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'll be celebrating in Raglan Shire where there's a worldwide pawtee.  It runs from 11:30 on Sunday to 00:30 on Monday.  You don't have to be a Tiny to attend, just make sure you don't step on Tinies. :) 

As it is advertised in the Raglan Calendar:-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NYE party with Raglan DJs 

Jillan
Kayak Kuu
Pipa Novelli
Caleb Kit
fullauto
DJ Revvie
Randal

Ball drop for every time zone on the hour.  At special NYE platform, look for notice for landmark :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To get a notice you need to join Friends of Raglan Shire but you can just look for green dots. :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

My little corner of the world, Blue Lion Theatre of Music & Dance is quite decked out for the winter festivities. I could throw a party together with some good tunes, champagne and fun dances if you have not found any suitable parties....come on by...skating and sledding and drinks on the house! Happy New Year...peace, health and magic to you in 2024.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

I used to love spending New Years in SL celebrating all the time zones. But it’s getting depressing to me.. sad in a way… but if anyone wants to celebrate the new years with me give me a holler. Not for any other reason as you don’t want to be alone either.. 

Sunday at 3pm SLT, DJ Harmony will return and be at Fogbound Blues Club. Sure, the club gets crowded but we all have fun dancing on the danceline and even my little ginger cat, Tiggie Forever, is part of the gang.  There is always room on the danceline!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I downloaded the Singularity viewer for my annual “purge people from my friends list that are hiding their online status from me”

Years ago LL told 3rd partly viewers they were not allowed to show who had unchecked “friends show on line status” 

something about privacy and causing drama.

I guess the people who created Singularity didn’t get the memo.

Its no drama though, I found six people hiding and unfriended them.

The only drama will occur if they im me asking why i unfriended them, but i doubt they will, since they were hiding in the first place 😂

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

This is great!  Nobody has to be alone on New Year's Eve  :)

Some of us value sleep over staying up untill after midnight for some silly ritual.

On the plus side I was up at 3:30 am for my daily dose of SL.

• Like 3

I'm a party pooper when it comes to New Year.
A fest with high hopes, resolutions and expectations and the only thing that changes in the end is the year on the calendar.
Nah, not for me.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Some of us value sleep over staying up untill after midnight for some silly ritual.

On the plus side I was up at 3:30 am for my daily dose of SL.

Well it makes sense that New Year rituals don't do anything for you...because you've decided they won't.  I used to feel that way about many of the holidays and celebrations and believed society was trying to force me into something I didn't want to participate in.

I'm so different today. I see our society as a very alienated one where differences are focused on instead of celebrating our similarities and knowing we need to support each other instead of fight each other. When we focus on what we have in common the world becomes a more peaceful place.
Some of the rituals society develops can enhance our lives if we choose to participate.

What we pay attention to gets stronger...that is the secret of ritual.

So I see holidays and rituals as ways people come together to try and make some good of this world.

I'm kind of a ritual addict really...lol.  But the rituals must be heartfelt in order to work -- otherwise they are only stale repetitions.

A lovely Native American parable:

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy. “It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.”

He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.” ♥

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 4

This was last nights masquerade ball. The fire bowl you see in front is where we drop a note card stating what we'd like to remove from our lives, and then we drop another note card into the fire bowl stating what we'd like to manifest.

Dec 31 Masquerade_011 Resize.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

I'm a party pooper when it comes to New Year.
A fest with high hopes, resolutions and expectations and the only thing that changes in the end is the year on the calendar.
Nah, not for me.

Focusing on new years eve  can be a convient excuse to not try for the whole rest of the year. In fact each day can be the start of a new year to each person.

Anyone that says, today i vow to improve in some way, is starting a new year for themselves.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well it makes sense that New Year rituals don't do anything for you...because you've decided they won't.  I used to feel that way about many of the holidays and celebrations and believed society was trying to force me into something I didn't want to participate in.

I'm so different today. I see our society as a very alienated one where differences are focused on instead of celebrating our similarities and knowing we need to support each other instead of fight each other. When we focus on what we have in common the world becomes a more peaceful place.
Some of the rituals society develops can enhance our lives if we choose to participate.

What we pay attention to gets stronger...that is the secret of ritual.

So I see holidays and rituals as ways people come together to try and make some good of this world.

I'm kind of a ritual addict really...lol.  But the rituals must be heartfelt in order to work -- otherwise they are only stale repetitions.

A lovely Native American parable:

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy. “It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.”

He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.” ♥

Being somewhat into native american spirituality I’ve heard that parable before, and its so true.

There is a movie called Pow Wow Highway, about a Cheyanne Indian trying to follow the old ways. It has a bad storyline, bad hair and bad acting, but there is a deepness to it, that makes you overlook its flaws.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

In fact each day can be the start of a new year to each person.

I agree too.  The only day of the year when I will not make any resolutions is January 1st and I believe in resolutions that depend on progress, not perfection.  For 2023, my two resolutions became:  1.  As I finish reading a book and record it on GoodReads, write a short review of the book (about 3 behind now but can finish today) and 2.  When I encounter new folks, engage them in conversation, however brief, and learn something about them (being a shy person, I was happy to see that this worked well).

For this year, I am contemplating one that says:  every day, pick up one thing I already own but am not using and find a use for it, or recycle, donate, or trash it.  For complex items, that could be one for the week or the month.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I agree too.  The only day of the year when I will not make any resolutions is January 1st and I believe in resolutions that depend on progress, not perfection.  For 2023, my two resolutions became:  1.  As I finish reading a book and record it on GoodReads, write a short review of the book (about 3 behind now but can finish today) and 2.  When I encounter new folks, engage them in conversation, however brief, and learn something about them (being a shy person, I was happy to see that this worked well).

For this year, I am contemplating one that says:  every day, pick up one thing I already own but am not using and find a use for it, or recycle, donate, or trash it.  For complex items, that could be one for the week or the month.

I have stuff that I have paid to keep in storage for years, and will probably still be in storage when i ping timeout in RL.

The thought of touching one item (or box of items each week), and using it, or tossing it seems like a good idea.

We live in a 1600 sq ft home, if there isn't space for it, perhaps it is time to go (aside from cherished momentos of course)

• Like 1

On 12/30/2023 at 1:47 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Anyone have fun Second Life NYE plans they care to share?

Fun?  I spent the entire day and evening in my skybox trying on clothes and organizing inventory.

In RL, I did manage to make it to midnight, barely.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.