Free Logo Heads for Christmas

LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm fine with my old Normie head but i'mma not gonna turn down a free head, either.  

57 minutes ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

They're nice looking, but using the same name was Lelutka's head? Really? 

Well it's Christmas, so.. yeah i noticed that.

So i take it from that advert, and other things i read, that the Evo X is a defacto common mapping now?  i wouldn't know i still use the SLUV.  but it's nice to know.  i've got the Lel Noel for fiddling about with (along with all those older $L15 LAQ heads) so sure i'll go get me one of these.  Doubt i'll change over to one but you never know.

Edited by Jessicathenobody
improved information about a question i had
  • Like 1

i went down there to get that head and noticed they have an animation add-on fatpack for like 90% off.  Add with one click, it says.  Add to... the head's HUD?  Or do you need one of the AOs i saw down there to add it to?  i mean, i tested the demo post stand and like them on the head i wear now, but if i must wear the Logo head to add them to an AO then maybe not for me, as i'd want to use them Logo head or no Logo head.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

I noticed Akeruka has followed this naming convention too. Their recent gift heads are designated AK EVOX. I assume this is to make it clear that all these heads are EVOX compatible and perhaps that they are licensed to use the EVOX UV map.

2 hours ago, Jessicathenobody said:

i went down there to get that head and noticed they have an animation add-on fatpack for like 90% off.  Add with one click, it says.  Add to... the head's HUD?  Or do you need one of the AOs i saw down there to add it to?  i mean, i tested the demo post stand and like them on the head i wear now, but if i must wear the Logo head to add them to an AO then maybe not for me, as i'd want to use them Logo head or no Logo head.  

Wear the LOGO Animation Hud v3.0, then the AO installer of the fatpack and click it, all animations will be in the LOGO Animation Hud. If you want a randomize the animations, you need to add them to the LOGO custom expression bar, one by one following the notice that is included in the head folder.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

Don't know what you mean by that:

- Are you talking about the "Lel EVO X LOGOX" in the add, that's because Max decided to name his new line/updated to EVO X heads as such, indicating that these heads are capable to use EVO X skins.

- If you are talking about "Noelle (female), Noel (male)" naming scheme, well those names are common often used names in the French speaking parts of the world. In fact, the naming scheme for the femal head gift of LeLUTKA raised my eyebrows, because "Noel" is normally the spelling of the name given to boys/males. And they all mean the same: Christmas.

Edited by Dorientje Woller
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Wear the LOGO Animation Hud v3.0, then the AO installer of the fatpack and click it, all animations will be in the LOGO Animation Hud. If you want a randomize the animations, you need to add them to the LOGO custom expression bar, one by one following the notice that is included in the head folder.

Thank you!

It also didn't occur to me there might be a HUD with Noelle- i've not had time to unpack it. 

4 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I noticed Akeruka has followed this naming convention too. Their recent gift heads are designated AK EVOX. I assume this is to make it clear that all these heads are EVOX compatible and perhaps that they are licensed to use the EVOX UV map.

i wondered if EvoX was a common standard (like the SLUV), or proprietary. In which case, licensable.

56 minutes ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

Sorry, I should have been more specific - I'm not referring to the X. I'm referring to the fact that their male head is Noel and Lelutka's Christmas female head was also called Noel. Different genders but that seems like it will cause some confusion with them both being seasonal gift heads. 

Noel, Kris or Chris are all common Christmas names that are also gender neutral in English.

There's bound to be many creators naming heads, skins, make up and outfits after Christmas-related names at this time of year, and there's no way this can be proprietary naming. Even if someone wanted to call a head, skin or outfit "Micky", Disney couldn't come after them just for that. 

Akeruka might have named their head after Lelutka's on purpose, or maybe they just thought it was a good name for a male Christmas head. It's obviously not copying Lelutka's female head, so it's not really a problem.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
Stupid auto-correct
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm curious if anyone knows where the eyeball positioning is in the hud ?  When I use the one in the animation hud, the eye lids position with the eyeball.

Since the pupils are lined up with the edge of the eyelid, there has to be a way to get those separated.. hehehe

First action of the day, if you mount the LOGO head on your body is reset skelleton or undeform avatar. Second, don't use the included shape of the Noelle head. There is something wonky with it, especially with the eyes section of the shape. Third, if you got the v1.0, go to the redelivery station and redeliver the head to v1.0.1, there is a serious issue of alpha crashing going on with the v1.0 at the ear area.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

First action of the day, if you mount the LOGO head on your body is reset skelleton or undeform avatar. Second, don't use the included shape of the Noelle head. There is something wonky with it, especially with the eyes section of the shape. Third, if you got the v1.0, go to the redelivery station and redeliver the head to v1.0.1, there is a serious issue of alpha crashing going on with the v1.0 at the ear area.

Ya, I was using one of my shapes and did the reset skel & animation, and ya seen something going wonky with the ears when I clicked enable bom on the second page..

Also ya, I have the v1.0 and heading to the redeliver now.. hehehe

Thank you :)

Edited by Ceka Cianci

33 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, I was using one of my shapes and did the reset skel & animation, and ya seen something going wonky with the ears when I clicked enable bom on the second page..

Also ya, I have the v1.0 and heading to the redeliver now.. hehehe

Thank you :)

You know that Max fixed that alpha crashing of the ears of the fly, while he was in IM with me, talking about the issue and uploaded it to the vendor and redelivery terminal.

Edited by Dorientje Woller
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dorientje Woller said:

You know that Max fixed that alpha crashing of the ears of the fly, while he was in IM with me, talking about the issue and uploaded it to the vendor and redelivery terminal.

He's doing a lot of updating with all those heads so things like that are going to happen.. I'm not complaining at all, but  just  was replying to the things you were noticing with the v.1.0 version  as seeing those as well..

I'm just playing with this head  to get the feel of the Logo heads again and probably won't use this one, because I'm really waiting for Alexis! \o/  LOL

I was mainly concerned with how to get the eyes where I wanted them without the eye lids moving with them is all..

I have the updated version now and I'll dig around with that for a little bit..

4 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

He's doing a lot of updating with all those heads so things like that are going to happen.. I'm not complaining at all, but  just  was replying to the things you were noticing with the v.1.0 version  as seeing those as well..

I'm just playing with this head  to get the feel of the Logo heads again and probably won't use this one, because I'm really waiting for Alexis! \o/  LOL

I was mainly concerned with how to get the eyes where I wanted them without the eye lids moving with them is all..

I have the updated version now and I'll dig around with that for a little bit..

Concerning the eyes, they move with the upper eyelids, that's maybe the issue in general.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

These things happen.
The names are quite obvious for a Christmas gift release.
Just like Valentine or Valentino for Valentines day.

Plus, there is that proverb about that gifted horse right?
So I would get the head if I liked it, same name or not.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Emma Krokus said:

My alt has been waiting an hour for the head to be delivered - nothing. No response from the CSR either. If you're able to, I suggest you don't try to get Noelle right now.

No problem getting Noel, the male head...

There is no CSR at LOGO, I believe, but it's a one man operated store. But you are correct to wait, if possible, when there is a more less people around. Also, I think that Max did not expected this round of gifts to be this successful as, to be frankly said, his store has been left aside by the users of SL for a long period of time and started to gain some attraction again since the release and update to EVO X heads. Granted, they aren't top of the line heads with ton of features, huds and operation of them need some improvement so they become easier to use for the user to operate, but at the end they are cheap (2500 linden), cute and accessable heads for people who don't want to spend 4000 Lindens for a head.

Also, what I have noticed, and not only with LOGO, that a ton of people are tossing the "RTFM" aside or are oblivious of what's been asked to get the head, while they keep on clicking on the vendor: a, Join the VIP Group, b. Wear the TAG, c. Pay the vendor 1 Linden, get refunded that 1 Linden, and stay in the place to recieve the head. Keep on clicking on one vendor is like with every software, overloading it with information till it breaks or slowing it down like hell and ending up in a queue (DDOS attack as an example). 

And of course, like with every event of this kind, there is a ton of users that come to the place, thinking that it's the spot to go AFK or that these events are the place to enter with an avatar that is scripted to death or carries a heavy complexion load with the result that everything takes ages to load and to function well, not only for them but everybody around them.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

Sorry, I should have been more specific - I'm not referring to the X. I'm referring to the fact that their male head is Noel and Lelutka's Christmas female head was also called Noel. Different genders but that seems like it will cause some confusion with them both being seasonal gift heads. 

From a sole linguistic point of view is LOGO's naming correct as Noel or Noël is a male name in French. The female version is Noelle or Noëlle.
Noël also means Christmas in French.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

A lot of merchants work weeks ahead of time. I for instance already started for the Valentines shop and hop, just in case my entry will be accepted.

If the boxing is done, the pictures and posters made, the vendors loaded, it is an awful lot of extra work to just change a name, if one finds out that competition comes a few days earlier than you with a similar name on a similar product (a head in this case).
It would take hours and hours of extra work to rename, rebox, refill the vendors, make new posters, just to rename a head from Noel to Rudolph or so.
I can totally understand that the creator behind the Logo heads left it untouched.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Isaac Ashton said:

From a sole linguistic point of view is LOGO's naming correct as Noel or Noël is a male name in French. The female version is Noelle or Noëlle.
Noël also means Christmas in French.

In English Noel can be masculine or feminine. It's more commonly a feminine name in the US, but it can be masculine too. As a masculine name, it can be pronounced as either 1 or 2 syllables. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noel_(given_name)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

There is no CSR at LOGO, I believe, but it's a one man operated store. But you are correct to wait, if possible, when there is a more less people around. Also, I think that Max did not expected this round of gifts to be this successful as, to be frankly said, his store has been left aside by the users of SL for a long period of time and started to gain some attraction again since the release and update to EVO X heads. Granted, they aren't top of the line heads with ton of features, huds and operation of them need some improvement so they become easier to use for the user to operate, but at the end they are cheap (2500 linden), cute and accessable heads for people who don't want to spend 4000 Lindens for a head.

Also, what I have noticed, and not only with LOGO, that a ton of people are tossing the "RTFM" aside or are oblivious of what's been asked to get the head, while they keep on clicking on the vendor: a, Join the VIP Group, b. Wear the TAG, c. Pay the vendor 1 Linden, get refunded that 1 Linden, and stay in the place to recieve the head. Keep on clicking on one vendor is like with every software, overloading it with information till it breaks or slowing it down like hell and ending up in a queue (DDOS attack as an example). 

And of course, like with every event of this kind, there is a ton of users that come to the place, thinking that it's the spot to go AFK or that these events are the place to enter with an avatar that is scripted to death or carries a heavy complexion load with the result that everything takes ages to load and to function well, not only for them but everybody around them.

Max's profile suggests someone to IM when he's not online.

My alt wore the group tag.

Her L$1 was not refunded (she has still not received the head). Her local chat shows that she paid Max.

(My male alt got the refund at the same time as his head arrived, not immediately.)

My alt stayed at the shop for 1 hour. She did not click or pay the vendor again.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

Max's profile suggests someone to IM when he's not online.

My alt wore the group tag.

Her L$1 was not refunded (she has still not received the head). Her local chat shows that she paid Max.

(My male alt got the refund at the same time as his head arrived, not immediately.)

My alt stayed at the shop for 1 hour. She did not click or pay the vendor again.

The female head vendor was probably overloaded.. I just went there on an alt and there was around 10 people there.. I got it right away..

I don't think they were expecting so much traffic since they have been pretty underground for the past few years..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.