Premium Users Account Issues

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't always have the time to play. Sometimes, I might not login for several months or sometimes I might login a few times under one of my alts. 

I always get denied access to login. I do the support tickets. It takes LL forever to let me back in my account but the tickets I submit for my alt go unanswered. I'm a paying member. I get the fact that SL deactivates accounts that are not used within a certain time frame however, I am a paying member. This is very unsettling. 

49 minutes ago, Aaron Morningstar said:

I don't always have the time to play. Sometimes, I might not login for several months or sometimes I might login a few times under one of my alts. 

I always get denied access to login. I do the support tickets. It takes LL forever to let me back in my account but the tickets I submit for my alt go unanswered. I'm a paying member. I get the fact that SL deactivates accounts that are not used within a certain time frame however, I am a paying member. This is very unsettling. 

To get more attention ( read as 'better support ) for your ticket, create the ticket with your premium account, if right there's a seperate field to fill with the accountname that's involved, if it doesn't show up, simply put it in the issue description.
Support for basic accounts always been limited to a few issues, you might hit a huge row of tickets of others before yours are handled (if at all)

• Like 1

If you miss a premium or a tier payment due to a muck up at the bank or any reason linden does remove your access to log in to second life until you have sorted the issue.

It happens to a lot of people a lot of the time.

Thats why my alt is premium plus not me.

I also always thought it is weird linden ban there paying customers, but such is life.  Free accounts are safer and never deactivated, unless you break the TOS.

Edited by JUSTUS Palianta
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Sure, but do you think that applies in this case when OP said "I might not login for several months"?

I have an account that hasn't logged in since 2011/04/30, and I had no trouble logging in just now. I think OP is fine. 😋

Yep! 

The OP is fine and dandy! That's the reason I am complaining about it....

Thanks for your worthless input! 

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

If you miss a premium or a tier payment due to a muck up at the bank or any reason linden does remove your access to log in to second life until you have sorted the issue.

It happens to a lot of people a lot of the time.

Thats why my alt is premium plus not me.

I also always thought it is weird linden ban there paying customers, but such is life.  Free accounts are safer and never deactivated, unless you break the TOS.

I always get my premium accounts back within a few days of this annoying inconvenience. My free accounts however, are still active and no matter how many support tickets I send in.... They always skip over it. 

In all the years I have been in SL (over 18) I have not had any logon issues.

The only time I lost access to this account is when I myself selected the "delete account" option. Several years later I was able to reactive it with a ticket.

There really should be no reason for you to lose access to the accounts. Is the password or account access possibly being compromised? If not then follow up the reactivation ticket with a request to know what happened so that you can avoid it in the future as it is most certainly not normal.

Edited by Randy Pole
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aaron Morningstar said:

Yep! 

The OP is fine and dandy! That's the reason I am complaining about it....

Thanks for your worthless input! 

And you have problems with reading comprehension.

Obviously, I'm not saying that you aren't having issues at all. The "OP is fine" was referring to you not logging in for a few months/years, which was the only thing I was talking about in the post you quoted. If your account is genuinely disabled, which it seems to be, then the reason for that is not because you did not log in for a while, but something else.

There are a whole bunch of different reasons that can cause an account to be disabled (someone trying to reset the password, abuse reports, charge-backs or other outstanding balance, etc.), not just because they're inactive. What even gives you the idea that's the reason? Has support said "whoops our bad, we thought you weren't using it?" That'd be a pretty important detail to mention.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Aaron Morningstar said:

I always get my premium accounts back within a few days of this annoying inconvenience. My free accounts however, are still active and no matter how many support tickets I send in.... They always skip over it. 

So what actually happens? like what is the message given when it fails to log on.

I'm assuming they lock the account assuming something dodgy is going on and a talk to support fixes it? That shouldn't happen of course but we're lacking information...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

LL does not deactivate accounts even if you don't log in for years.

Suspended however, they take no prisoners. My main was suspended for a year back in 2009 as I couldn't afford a tier payment due to RL money issues, and figured that I could only pay it when I finally had the money, so I would leave the account for a while. I finally got sorted and paid a year later and my inventory was wiped. I did ask them in a ticket about it and they stated that, at that time, they yeeted your inventory if you were suspended beyond X time. Which is annoying as I lost a hell load of stuff from pre 2009, some stuff I wish I still had.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

What i dont get is the mentioned difference in premium and non premiums .. is there a ongoing payment for the premiums while not logging in? If so it might be simply a safety protection they want to know if it's really you activating them again. 
If you don't have ongoing payments, they are all basics at the moment you come back. So no difference in the support options.

Do we get all info in this issue? I'm not so sure.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

Suspended however, they take no prisoners. My main was suspended for a year back in 2009 as I couldn't afford a tier payment due to RL money issues, and figured that I could only pay it when I finally had the money, so I would leave the account for a while. I finally got sorted and paid a year later and my inventory was wiped. I did ask them in a ticket about it and they stated that, at that time, they yeeted your inventory if you were suspended beyond X time. Which is annoying as I lost a hell load of stuff from pre 2009, some stuff I wish I still had.

Sorry to read that. Contacts and logs were still there? And what about notecards? Not sure if those count as inventory.

I'm trying to "read between the lines" on the original post:

- It is implied that the poster is having an issue with LL not responding to tickets only for their "Alt" non-Premium accounts. I think some responses assume an issue with paying / Premium accounts.

- It is not implied that there is any connection between the poster's "Premium" accounts getting suspended (for whatever reason) and the issues with the Alt accounts.  I think some responses assumed there was a connection.

I agree that if LL is not responding on those accounts, it is sad.  I would not necessarily assume it is because they are "non-paying" accounts.

However, if the poster assumes that LL would take any specific action "because they are a paying member", yet are having issues with their "non-paying" accounts, I think that assumption may be a "stretch".  I do not think LL connects "Main" (whether "Premium"/paying or not) and "Alt" accounts for "customer service" purposes.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, InnerCity Elf said:

Sorry to read that. Contacts and logs were still there? And what about notecards? Not sure if those count as inventory.

The entire inventory was wiped, idk if they still do that, what annoys me more is all of that stuff is still in the asset server. Would be nice if there was a way to get it back, I tried at the time, but they wouldn't do it. Would be nice if you could view all things you had ever owned and send things back to your inventory, but I know that's not realistic.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

The entire inventory was wiped, idk if they still do that, what annoys me more is all of that stuff is still in the asset server. Would be nice if there was a way to get it back, I tried at the time, but they wouldn't do it. Would be nice if you could view all things you had ever owned and send things back to your inventory, but I know that's not realistic.

That's hard. I had deleted my account years ago, as I spent too much time on SL and didn't want to at that point. I knew that there's the possibility of losing your inventory (thought that's only "stuff", though, not notecards) if you delete an account, but when I ended up recovering the account eventually, it was completely intact. It wasn't a premium account even, but maybe it's more dependent on the time that passed, I don't remember how long the account was dormant. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, InnerCity Elf said:

maybe it's more dependent on the time that passed, I don't remember how long the account was dormant. 

It’s all time dependent for sure. Backups are only kept for so long (not only for logistical but also legal reasons). When I took a break it was several years. LL basically just created a blank new av with my name and uuid after I jumped through all the necessary ID proving hoops. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.