Should SL be cleaned up- based on last login date?

Paul Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

This thread is getting off-topic, but the OP was ridiculous anyway, imo

This thread went off topic when various people FRAUDULENTLY claimed it was about "cleaning old stuff off the MP" which it wasn't, but lets continue.

How much old "junk" on MP is good for business? How much makes it too hard for people to find current items?

Like I said, total non-problem.

Just for Gits & Shiggles, I checked the OP's store on the MP, ignoring the "old stuff" like the t-shirt in 5 standard sizes, iI sorted their store Newest First.

Then I did an MP search with a single search term that *should* have pulled the item up on a relevance check.

Guess who's item appeared FIRST in the relevance search results.  Yup, the OP's.

Total NON Problem.

Do you have any suggestions for cleaning up MP listings?

Quite apart from the fact that I don't think it NEEDS "cleaning up", I can certainly think of a way that is EVERY bit as unfair, and EVERY bit as ineffective, and EVERY bit as ridiculous as the suggestions from the OP, Sid, and your self. But I guarantee a lot of you won't like it.

I make this suggestion at your request, not because I feel it is needed in any way.

Cleanse and Burn on ALL accounts 13 years and older.

That should greatly reduce the amount of listings on the MP, AND clear a load of unsightly builds from Mainland, JUST as the OP wanted.

See, making ridiculous suggestions guaranteed to destroy SecondLife is easy, you don't even have to be a "Captain Oldbie" whining about a non-problem to do it.

Happy now ?

oh-no-emoji.gif.b224468c6390c0b4b2f06c31bd84979d.gif

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus

Maybe some sort of limits for the MP since it can just be abandoned and left there for years and years..I don't know really.. I haven't thought about it that deeply before to have a real solid opinion about that..

But in world someone has to be paying for the land for the store to sit on..

I just can't see the justification in doing that to someones store and land that they are keeping the payments going.. Honestly, paying for land should count as much as a log in if not more..

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.