Senra Dev Kit

EnCore Mayne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have it. It came with a note that the kit I was given was for an upcoming release of the body (sounds like they've fixed some issues) but not sure if that release has happened yet.

I haven't taken a look at it yet, I applied back when the body was first available in the library and the SDK came through early this week.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

I have it. It came with a note that the kit I was given was for an upcoming release of the body (sounds like they've fixed some issues) but not sure if that release has happened yet.

I haven't taken a look at it yet, I applied back when the body was first available in the library and the SDK came through early this week.

Maybe for Christmas LL will give us new Senra avatars and more 2048 m homes?  🎁 🎄

• Like 2

hmmm. it's been a few weeks since Patch Linden announced the dev kits were going out. and, distilling the general consensus of opinions on the license agreement it seemed their weighty legal terms were a bit skewed towards draconian. could that be a reason for the lack of input for this post?

i must admit, were you to wade through the disappointing comments promoting the sdk one might come away with the feeling the Lab's NUX project administration is just another abysmal failure to enhance the platform's future viability.

i know from eventually (and that has due emphasis i might relate later) getting the kit i'm far from pleased with what was included. hence the question. has no one any comments on their package?

• 1 month later...

it doesn't seem to be that bigga deal with our overwhelmed shipmates working for the man. they DID trepidatiously announce that v1.0 has been "released". no notice about requiring a new application in that post but i thought i'd seen on one of my random browses that a new application was not necessary. one might want to prompt someone somewhere somehow for the official word tho.

3 hours ago, EnCore Mayne said:

it doesn't seem to be that bigga deal with our overwhelmed shipmates working for the man. they DID trepidatiously announce that v1.0 has been "released". no notice about requiring a new application in that post but i thought i'd seen on one of my random browses that a new application was not necessary. one might want to prompt someone somewhere somehow for the official word tho.

I received the 'updated' body dev kit shortly after the first one (alpha/beta) appeared in the Library, it came with a note saying it was for the 1.0 release which was yet to happen so I can only assume everyone who has the Senra SDK has the necessary version for the 1.0 body.

That is to say I don't think anyone got a dev kit for the old/alpha/beta version that appeared earlier this year.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 1

Is it just me, or is the fact that they first showed a Sux-Ra body at the SLB in 2022, saying "it's nearly ready we just have to make the clothes", then actually launched a beta a year later, and that the actual 1.0 retail release is 18 months AFTER "it's nearly ready" and 6 months after they started making poor noobs wear the thing.

And many people still don't have the SDK for it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Is it just me, or is the fact that they first showed a Sux-Ra body at the SLB in 2022, saying "it's nearly ready we just have to make the clothes", then actually launched a beta a year later, and that the actual 1.0 retail release is 18 months AFTER "it's nearly ready" and 6 months after they started making poor noobs wear the thing.

Also note that many creators don't want to create for the Senra bodies due to the Draconian LL licensing agreement terms.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:
10 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Also note that many creators don't want to create for the Senra bodies due to the Draconian LL licensing agreement terms.

I assume that there are also profit motives to NOT create for Senra:  users too cheap (or frugal or poor) to buy a mesh body, will probably also not be willing to spend much for clothing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I assume that there are also profit motives to NOT create for Senra:  users too cheap (or frugal or poor) to buy a mesh body, will probably also not be willing to spend much for clothing.

I think the opposite idea may be why many creators decided to rig for Legacy. People who are willing to pay $L 5000 for mesh body seem more likely to spend money on mesh clothes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

I had wondered if the extra delay was due to them rethinking the feet for the Jamie at least but apparently not. *shrugs*

Edited by Gabriele Graves

On 12/12/2023 at 6:12 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

Could you quote some of the licensing agreements you find draconian ? I've read them and don't find them more draconian that Maitreya licensing agreement terms, for example . 

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Senra_Body_SDK_License

"3.5 Inspection and Review. Upon completion of each Avatar Item, Licensee shall submit such Avatar Item to Linden Lab (in such form and format as Linden Lab may require) for review and approval upon Linden Lab’s request. Licensee shall fully cooperate with Linden Lab in the course of such review and approval, providing to Linden Lab such information and assistance as Linden Lab deems desirable."

Edited by EnCore Mayne
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, EnCore Mayne said:

"3.5 Inspection and Review. Upon completion of each Avatar Item, Licensee shall submit such Avatar Item to Linden Lab (in such form and format as Linden Lab may require) for review and approval upon Linden Lab’s request. Licensee shall fully cooperate with Linden Lab in the course of such review and approval, providing to Linden Lab such information and assistance as Linden Lab deems desirable."

I see that more as a precaution so people don't break the following rule :

3.4 Creation of Avatar Items. Licensee hereby agrees that: A. The quality and subject matter for all Avatar Items shall fully conform to the requirements of the SDK Materials; and B. The Avatar Items shall be original works of authorship, created solely by Licensee, and shall not infringe or misappropriate the rights of any third party.

For me they tell that they have the possibility to check if you follow this rule, not that they will do it all the time. They don't want to have their name associated to a designer who would break some copyright on its creations.

• Like 1

3.6 Audit. Licensee hereby agrees to keep reasonable, written records in the English language regarding this Agreement, Licensee’s use of the SDK Materials, and the creation and status of all Avatar Items (“Records”). During the Term and for one (1) year thereafter, Linden Lab shall have the right to obtain true and correct copies of all such Records, and to audit such Records (either by itself, or through a reputable third-party accounting firm) to confirm Licensee’s performance of and compliance with the terms of this Agreement.

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2023 at 10:27 AM, Gabriele Graves said:

I had wondered if the extra delay was due to them rethinking the feet for the Jamie at least but apparently not. *shrugs*

They seem to be devoted to providing all the same options for Blake and Jamie. I don't mind that Blake can wear a skirt or mini dress. Perhaps if he wears these, he should be able to wear heels too?

I think they should have bathing suits, but I bet they don't want Jamie going topless in swim shorts at the Welcome Hub. In truth, this gender-neutral idea can only go just so far in SL, because female breasts are treated differently than male breasts. Jamie is going to need a bikini (maybe a BOM one) and perhaps a mesh 1-piece bathing suit. Blake could have a BOM Speedo-type bathing suit and mesh swim trunks. I doubt many people will want to put Blake in a bikini, but of course we can always do this with BOM. The kind of diving suits that surfers wear in cold water can be unisex.

Edited by Persephone Emerald

5 hours ago, EnCore Mayne said:

Patch has said that is only for clothing which will be included with the Senra not for people wanting to sell the clothing in their stores.

On 7/31/2023 at 5:46 PM, Patch Linden said:

1) No, create to your heart's content, anything and everything you want, assuming you have the SDK.

2) Correct, if we were to choose to feature your content in the unannounced things to come like the creation onboarding experience, then we would need to inspect your content before it ends up selectable and potentially in everyone's inventory.  There's more to come on this.

3) That's for the beholder to decide. We feel we've created a launching point for new users, which will come with significant and groundbreaking (for Second Life) tools that I will continue to reinforce, are not currently aimed at existing users of Second Life.  

The SDK is not set up as a teaching tool for new content creators to learn from, that is currently out of scope for the project, we may tackle that later on. 

• Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.