Freebies for your Avi

Trinity Blakewell

Well, just when I was about to vomit from *Pink Overload*, Shop and Hop Halloween is about ready to open to the public. I had early access through the SL Birthday Group (free to join), but just now got through all the regions. Likely missed a few things, but will be back to get them later after things calm down. The lag is pretty bad even with just a few people on there (there are a ton of animated/animesh decorations in the stores, and I think that contributes). 

For those who aren't familiar, Shop and Hop is LL's four-times-a-year multi region event where famous and not-so-famous SL brands have booths, most with free gifts. Gifts range from stupid to quite nice (Pixicat had a nice dress and Sophia's/CW always give out nice formal gowns/dresses) . Occasionally stores will give out gift cards.

Links are already up in the SL Destination Guide. There will likely be a blog post on the SL Community site after it opens with more detailed information.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Trinity Blakewell said:

Well, just when I was about to vomit from *Pink Overload*, Shop and Hop Halloween is about ready to open to the public. I had early access through the SL Birthday Group (free to join), but just now got through all the regions. Likely missed a few things, but will be back to get them later after things calm down. The lag is pretty bad even with just a few people on there (there are a ton of animated/animesh decorations in the stores, and I think that contributes). 

For those who aren't familiar, Shop and Hop is LL's four-times-a-year multi region event where famous and not-so-famous SL brands have booths, most with free gifts. Gifts range from stupid to quite nice (Pixicat had a nice dress and Sophia's/CW always give out nice formal gowns/dresses) . Occasionally stores will give out gift cards.

Links are already up in the SL Destination Guide. There will likely be a blog post on the SL Community site after it opens with more detailed information.

I remember in the past some very kind people put together a spreadsheet with all the gifts and their locations... I'll be looking out for something like that again, it's a ton of work to compile though I'm sure.

Was definitely useful though

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 10:30 AM, Trinity Blakewell said:

FabFree has a full spreadsheet out with all of the gifts and LMs to each of them. Great way to pick up the things you're interested in quickly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

FabFree has a full spreadsheet out with all of the gifts and LMs to each of them. Great way to pick up the things you're interested in quickly. 

There are a few YouTubers who also have videos out showing the gifts at Shop and Hop. My advice is to pick up the gift cards and store credit first, then head to your favorite stores from the Fab Free list. 

Here's a good video on the shops with gift cards and store credit. Get a notepad and pen, and take notes before you go.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 6

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/VALHAL/218/166/23

⬆️This is the huge room with group gift hairs.

nomatch_004.thumb.png.cd1e38b0677835aef86b050dbd5a0b7f.png

It is also a new halloween hair, in addition to the "office" hair.

nomatch_001.png.67ee8f613a901950325b83cfc492a899.png

Those who does not have EvoX heads, like the free Genus head, do not need to join a group to get all the free hairbases for universal UV. Buy the box for 0 L.

nomatch_002.png.24d725c83a6730086b020e795c7f13a4.png

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

DURA group gift hair. Group is free to join.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dura Dura/81/167/27

The hairbases have all the colors of the Dura hairs, and hairbases for EvoX too.

Edit to add: The 2 gifts named "hair pieces" is only the front and hat is not included. This was very interesting. Most people use only a hairbase under a baseball cap or other hats. But with these hairs, you can move and edit them so you have long bangs in front. The hair pieces are not rigged.

The right hair is a full hairstyle.

phone_001.png

phone_002.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Magika has bangs, (3 styles) hairclips and a crown as gifts. Group is free.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Magika/143/124/21

Magika does not have a Halloween gift, only several discounted hairs. They are still too expensive to be called cheap. 300 - 280 L. They are fatpacks, so you can say it is a somewhat low price, if not cheap. Group members used to get a discount on all hairs, I could not see it on all the other hairs at full price.

magika_001.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Magika has bangs, (3 styles) hairclips and a crown as gifts. Group is free.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Magika/143/124/21

Magika does not have a Halloween gift, only several discounted hairs. They are still too expensive to be called cheap. 300 - 280 L. They are fatpacks, so you can say it is a somewhat low price, if not cheap. Group members used to get a discount on all hairs, I could not see it on all the other hairs at full price.

magika_001.png

New hair sets are priced at 400 lindens, so depending how you look at it, 280 - 300 linden is still a reasonable reduction.

• Like 1

Pay 55 L to join the group, and Jack Spoon gives you 20 sets of makeup. (But 2 are for ears and one chest tattoo). Not something I am going to use. You can look close and see if you like enough of them to be worth 55 L. I saw enough sets to make me pay and pick up all.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Read My Mind/92/100/942

I have not opened them, but it looks like all are EvoX or Evo HD - that can be used on EvoX.

It is a "Dancing Queen" Body shine outside. It is free, no group needed.

jack spoon_002.png

• Like 4

Has anyone found Kunglers Jewelry in Shop and Hop event? I clicked the link and its not in the area at all... It is about the only one I actually make a point to get..

NVM I found her! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QV9ruNBiJ1qlfsFJide9uadOQ3kIH876aJ4YQMXq4bE/edit#gid=0

Edited by SpiritSparrow Skydancer
  • Like 1

Gotta be Colin Robinson!

On a different note...here are some of the gifts from the SWANK event Halloween "Hunt" (free items in most booths). You must join the free SWANK group in order to receive the gifts.

A few notes: the tall boots on the right and left (as well as the hair, skin, etc.) are from my inventory, not from the hunt. The shorts second from right have a BOM layer from my inventory under them that you can see sticking out below the shorts.

These are all gifts that came for the Legacy body as well as other sizes (all but one were for Maitreya too). A couple of the brands at the event have items for very old bodies and no Legacy, EBody Reborn, or Kupra, so I am suspecting they are using old full perm mesh or (or older original mesh that they haven't updated).

image.thumb.png.aa7fa3f2b87d31dd486fec51f49a5f96.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1