Marketplace mystery . . .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yesterday I received a notification from Marketplace that I had purchased a particular clothing item. I have no recollection of buying it, but it was there in my inventory and I even tried it on. I checked my L$ transactions on my dashboard and there was nothing that matched with this 'purchase'. No L$ were taken from my balance, but then the item could have been a freebie.

It's difficult to purchase something by mistake on MP since you have to go through several stages before the purchase goes through and I haven't bought anything on MP in the last week or two.

The item of clothing is similar to something I bought a long time ago. Could it be that the creator has updated their product and automatically given the update to owners of the existing item?

2 minutes ago, Ember Ember said:

Redelivery is a relatively new function that creators can initiate on the marketplace, so yes. It’s possible they updated the product and sent out an update to previous buyers. 

yep, I had a friend send me a redelivery out of know where from an item they had bought me years and years ago,  kinda freaked me out when they did it. 

• Like 1

Some creators enable auto-deliveries, when an item gets updated so this deployment is send to all people that brought it in the past no exceptions and depending of your viewer configuration a prompt will ask to accept/decline/block/ignore/yes or no OR if set to auto accept saved directly into your inventory

Others do not use this function, So if the person wish to update one or more items, must be done manually in a re-delivery terminal and depending of the provider MD, Caspervend,etc you must compare the version number shown in the list with the version number of the item in your inventory that is shown in the name, edit mode object description or properties to see which one is the most recent then hit re-delivery.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Conifer Dada said:

Thanks for replies. I checked and it was an item I'd bought before, a long time ago, by the same creator. I couldn't see any difference between the new item of clothing and the original! 

Improvements could be almost unnoticable they could be as small as one rogue node in a rigged mesh item. Speaks for the creator if they fix something almost no one noticed.

• Like 3

On 8/24/2023 at 8:52 AM, Conifer Dada said:

The item of clothing is similar to something I bought a long time ago. Could it be that the creator has updated their product and automatically given the update to owners of the existing item?

yes that's almost certainly what happened. I've had a few redeliveries like that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.