While Genus is in the spotlight, another is doing it quietly: The LOGO Head updates.

Dorientje Woller

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 74 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As the spotlight is being placed on Genus and their updates ... somewhere in the vast land of Second Life, there is a lone wolf updating his range of mesh heads in silence and going under the radar. The untold story of LOGO Heads. Below the words of the creator which changes there are made and what still in the pipeline for the future:

From Maximillion Grant
==============

Hi everyone!  I am very excited to be sending you this update as it's a very BIG one!  So I want to take a moment to explain what has been added, what has changed and what you should aware of with this update.

=================

1 ) The biggest change is this head has been updated to allow you to use Lelutka EvoX compatible skins, ears and makeups!

2) The other big change is that the layers on the head have been completely redone.  The old LOGO Enhanced makeup layers have been replaced with new HD layers and I've added an HD brows section as well.

3) All the layers now have material support.  So you can do things like control the glossiness of your lipstick.

This is a pretty substantial change and one that I think will provide a lot more options for people to customize the look of their head but it's best if you think of this as a "brand new" head, just one that looks like your "old" head..  

So having said that there are a few things that people should be aware of:

- In order to convert this head to be EvoX compatible I've completely changed the actual mesh.  While your head should look pretty much identical you might notice a few small differences (more on this below)

- The new HD layers are not compatible with our LOGO Enhanced makeups and add-ons, HOWEVER these add-ons will also all be converted and updated to be compatible with the new HD layers, it's just going to take a bit of time.  So please watch out for updates for any add-ons you've purchased in order to use them with this updated head.

=================

My other big goal for these updates to our whole line of heads is consistency.  One of the things that has happened is that over time there has been some minor "drifting" of the mesh between heads.  This leads to stuff like skins made for one LOGO head might not fit correctly on another LOGO head.   The nostrils might be a little off, or the lipstick is a bit warped.  I wanted to fix this so that, as much as possible, skins and makeups will work across the entire LOGO line.  This is also important for using 3rd party EvoX skins.

The other part of keeping things consistent is neck and ears will be the same across all our heads.  The skull shape will also be consistent but depending on the shape of the face there might be some minor variation.  What this means is hair should fit correctly across all your head and it will be easier to make ears add-ons in the future.

So some things to be aware of:

- The skins that come with your heads have already been refitted to match the updated heads however if you are using skins from other store they may not fit the same.  I do understand why this can be an issue and if there is a skin you're in love that no longer fits I would recommend keeping a copy of your old head for that.  The upside is you should have MANY more skins you can try now with the latest update  All the LOGO skins will be getting updated to EvoX and make sure they fit the updated heads.

- Any skins that have LOGO appliers that install into the HUD will still install into the Skin section, just test them to make sure they still look good.  If they are LOGO skins we sell separately from the heads look for updates for those.  

=================

Lastly, some of the weights have been adjusted to fix issues with the eyes moving out of their sockets with some shape changes like Eye Spacing.  While this is a good change it also means that eyes on your updated head might look a little different with your current shape.  I would recommend you adjust any shapes you have made by going to the Eye Size slider and making it a bit bigger.  This should fix any problems with the new weights and get your eyes back to looking how they used to.  The default shapes the come with the heads has already been update to take this into account so if you're using the default shape for your head you should switch to the latest one.

=================

I hope you enjoy these new updates, I think it will be great things for LOGO going forward!"

Maximillion Grant
LOGO 

• Like 9

It wasn't really silent since it's been going on since they released the new LOGO heads.. I think it was around the time of the skin fair maybe, then said they would be updating the rest of the heads as well.. Which I really am excited about.. I can't wait until they do my Alexis head..I'm wearing that one in my forum avatar actually..

There is a thread in this section of the forums somewhere when the new heads came out.. :)

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It wasn't really silent since it's been going on since they released the new LOGO heads.. I think it was around the time of the skin fair maybe, then said they would be updating the rest of the heads as well.. Which I really am excited about.. I can't wait until they do my Alexis head..I'm wearing that one in my forum avatar actually..

There is a thread in this section of the forums somewhere when the new heads came out.. :)

I know of the Veronica, Paris and Harlow heads ... but those are "advanced" heads, meaning that due to the new animations on them, Max needed to connect certain aspects of the head to different points of the skeleton, which in turn made them pretty much non responsive to the sliders of the shape editor. In other words those heads are the "here is the included shape, deal with it" kind. Of course, he included an EVO X enabled standard version of the head aka with the old animations, but those have still some of the issues mentioned in his change log, especially those of the eyes. It's pretty much a new head, build from scratch you're getting from Max.

Edited by Dorientje Woller
  • Like 3

There is just one point to be made clear, coz I have seen the question pass the VIP chat of LOGO already. The updated Chelsea does come without EVO X skins and with an empty customization hud, because the original Chelsea head was the anniversary gift, which came without skins and loaded hud.

Little fat fingers :D
  • Like 2

I'm wearing a "standard" Harlow, the sale price was too good to pass up and it suits me perfectly. I actually have yet to play with the advanced version of the Harlow head.

I also have an Alexis (and a Logan on my mAlt)... it's going to be a tough choice between Alexis and Harlow, once they're both EvoX-enabled! I'm especially happy to hear about the improvement to the skull and the better consistency. Some hairbases look way off on Logan, for example, so even if I stick to a standard skin after the update (... yeah as if), this is good.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

I know of the Veronica, Paris and Harlow heads ... but those are "advanced" heads, meaning that due to the new animations on them, Max needed to connect certain aspects of the head to different points of the skeleton, which in turn made them pretty much non responsive to the sliders of the shape editor. In other words those heads are the "here is the included shape, deal with it" kind. Of course, he included an EVO X enabled standard version of the head aka with the old animations, but those have still some of the issues mentioned in his change log, especially those of the eyes. It's pretty much a new head, build from scratch you're getting from Max.

Ya, I remember trying the advanced one and  not understanding it really at the time, but also hearing that the rest of the heads would be updated to Evo X.. I know I'm more excited about that than hearing about the Genus updating and not moving to evo x..

I was hoping they would go alphabetical and  Alexis be  one of the ones in line next.. Maybe next time.. hehehe

• Like 2

Now that I'm thinking of it, I'm gonna go and try out one of the updated heads.. I need more excitement rather than disappointment in my SL today.

Alexis was my very first Mesh head ever.. Then moved to Genesis  and then Genus and now Lelutka..

Hopefully it's time to go full circle.. I would love that!! \o/

I just really remember the head shape and they eyes working so well with what I wanted.. I am excited..:)

ETA: I guess if we didn't buy them yet we can't try them out.. They may be waiting until they have more than a few of them updated before they put them in the store out on the floor and giving  customers that bought them some time to enjoy them first.. I went to demo Bella and Chelsea and  neither  of the demos were Evo x on the floor.. I only get the v1 versions in the demos..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

ETA: I guess if we didn't buy them yet we can't try them out.. They may be waiting until they have more than a few of them updated before they put them in the store out on the floor and giving  customers that bought them some time to enjoy them first.. I went to demo Bella and Chelsea and  neither  of the demos were Evo x on the floor.. I only get the v1 versions in the demos..

Thanks for telling this, will inform Maximillian about this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Thanks for telling this, will inform Maximillian about this.

I hope i didn't miss something, but I looked around pretty good.. If they are Evo X and I'm wrong, they may want to  put a note card in there how to turn that on..

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

There is just one point to be made clear, coz I have seen the question pass the VIP chat of LOGO already. The updated Chelsea does come without EVO X skins and with an empty customization hud, because the original Chelsea head was the anniversary gift, which came without skins and loaded hud.

All 3 of my female avatars have the gift Chelsea head. One also has the Bella head, which does come with skins. My guy avatar has Logan and maybe one other Logo head, but I haven't checked yet on if it's been updated. 

I'm just happy to see so many updated mesh heads and bodies coming out now, because it's exciting. People need to have other options besides Lelutka.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

All 3 of my female avatars have the gift Chelsea head. One also has the Bella head, which does come with skins. My guy avatar has Logan and maybe one other Logo head, but I haven't checked yet on if it's been updated. 

I'm just happy to see so many updated mesh heads and bodies coming out now, because it's exciting. People need to have other options besides Lelutka.

You know that you can simply copy/paste the loaded hud from the Bella head to the Chelsea head, and it will work on the Chelsea without issues. That's one of the improvements of the heads of which Max speaks about in the change log.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I hope i didn't miss something, but I looked around pretty good.. If they are Evo X and I'm wrong, they may want to  put a note card in there how to turn that on..

BTW, you could have demoed the Paris, Veronica & Harlow heads, which are outside the store int the pavilion. Those have the "standard" Evo X demos, although these are still version 1

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

BTW, you could have demoed the Paris, Veronica & Harlow heads, which are outside the store int the pavilion. Those have the "standard" Evo X demos, although these are still version 1

I was just looking at the ones in the store.. I didn't know if those out in the little part were older heads or new ones.. I think I demoed the middle one before..

I was mainly looking at the updated ones from this week..

While I was there I read the group notice also and they said they might be doing a couple or  more each week , so they should be coming in on a regular basis now, which is gonna be a lot of fun.. :)

• Like 3

Chase & Willow head updates are about to be released.

For the next round of updates following heads are listed: Mae, Alexis, Jace, Ariel

The Chloe head will not be a free update, due to the fact that this is a really old head without the possibility to upgrade anymore. This will be a total new head instead. But, for the owners of the Khloe head, which was the re-release of the Chloe head, the update will be free.

Same goes for the Alex head, this will not be a free update, where the Alexis, the re-release of the Alex head, will have a free update.

Furthermore: huds like customization hud, animation hud, even installers will be & have always been interchangeable between heads.

Also, the Harlow, Veronica & Paris will have minor fixes in the hud, like tinting of the EVO X skin and the mentioned skull and eye issues. Drifting of the mesh isn't an issue on these heads and the updates of the range are in fact based on these 3 heads.

Once the updates have been rolled out, vendors will be renamed to LOGO X

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

This is great news! I've had Mae in my inventory for forever. The usual problem - I loved the head, but in the days of proprietary applier cosmetics, hardly anyone was making them for LOGO. 

. . .I wish Mochi Milena were still around. It doesn't look like Pink Fuel's had a new item in literal years, but I loved her stuff on Logo heads. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

This is great news! I've had Mae in my inventory for forever. The usual problem - I loved the head, but in the days of proprietary applier cosmetics, hardly anyone was making them for LOGO. 

. . .I wish Mochi Milena were still around. It doesn't look like Pink Fuel's had a new item in literal years, but I loved her stuff on Logo heads. 

Her store is still up, so she has to pay tier to LL, or rent from another resident. It would be great to see a Pink Fuel release again. We can hope?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Marianne Little said:

Her store is still up, so she has to pay tier to LL, or rent from another resident. It would be great to see a Pink Fuel release again. We can hope?

There was a FB post from 2021 saying she'd be coming back and was looking into supporting EvoX, but nothing since. I can only imagine her skins still do a good business though. 

5 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Chase & Willow head updates are about to be released.

For the next round of updates following heads are listed: Mae, Alexis, Jace, Ariel

The Chloe head will not be a free update, due to the fact that this is a really old head without the possibility to upgrade anymore. This will be a total new head instead. But, for the owners of the Khloe head, which was the re-release of the Chloe head, the update will be free.

Same goes for the Alex head, this will not be a free update, where the Alexis, the re-release of the Alex head, will have a free update.

Furthermore: huds like customization hud, animation hud, even installers will be & have always been interchangeable between heads.

Also, the Harlow, Veronica & Paris will have minor fixes in the hud, like tinting of the EVO X skin and the mentioned skull and eye issues. Drifting of the mesh isn't an issue on these heads and the updates of the range are in fact based on these 3 heads.

Once the updates have been rolled out, vendors will be renamed to LOGO X

Awesome! \o/

Free Alexis update.. I have to admit I was sweating a little bit there for a second while reading that.. hehehehe

• Like 2

Ok ... one more: For those that have the Quinn head, one of the first Bento heads Max made, and wonder where the vendor is in the store. That vendor has been moved by accident somewhere out of the store. Don't panic, head will be updated free to version 4.0 and re-appear in the store, once Max opens his new store building.

• Thanks 3

On 8/24/2023 at 8:17 AM, Raindrop Drinkwater said:

I'm wearing a "standard" Harlow, the sale price was too good to pass up and it suits me perfectly. I actually have yet to play with the advanced version of the Harlow head.

I also have an Alexis (and a Logan on my mAlt)... it's going to be a tough choice between Alexis and Harlow, once they're both EvoX-enabled! I'm especially happy to hear about the improvement to the skull and the better consistency. Some hairbases look way off on Logan, for example, so even if I stick to a standard skin after the update (... yeah as if), this is good.

Hell yeah, 999 Lindens (current promo price) for a standard & advanced version of the head is a sweet deal. Sad that I already own all 3 of them :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Ok ... one more: For those that have the Quinn head, one of the first Bento heads Max made, and wonder where the vendor is in the store. That vendor has been moved by accident somewhere out of the store. Don't panic, head will be updated free to version 4.0 and re-appear in the store, once Max opens his new store building.

You read my mind. Last night I went to the store to look for an update for Quinn and I didn't find it. I was about to send a note to Max. Thanks for the info.

Quinn was one of my first Bento heads and I was very excited when it was released because I always loved Logo's animations so much, but unfortunately I never managed to get the eyes looking the way I really wanted and gave up after a while. On the other side, I have Willow + Pink Fuel skin on an alt and I love this combo on her. I can't wait to try the updated versions of both heads.
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 74 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.