While Genus is in the spotlight, another is doing it quietly: The LOGO Head updates.

Dorientje Woller

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 74 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 8/29/2023 at 12:14 AM, Dorientje Woller said:

Ok ... one more: For those that have the Quinn head, one of the first Bento heads Max made, and wonder where the vendor is in the store. That vendor has been moved by accident somewhere out of the store. Don't panic, head will be updated free to version 4.0 and re-appear in the store, once Max opens his new store building.

So hype for a Quinn refresh. She has an amazing Geena Davis look straight out of the box. 

Chase is now updated to v2.0 with EvoX compatibility. The updates have been sent over the last hours. If you haven't received it, go to the store for a redelivery.

Also the LOGO owner has announced the upcoming update of Willow, which should be released Thursday or Friday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Isaac Ashton said:

Chase is now updated to v2.0 with EvoX compatibility. The updates have been sent over the last hours. If you haven't received it, go to the store for a redelivery.

Also the LOGO owner has announced the upcoming update of Willow, which should be released Thursday or Friday.

Be aware, as like with the Chelsea Head Update: Empty customization hud and no skins included, as this head was the Anniversary Gift for males, which came without skins and an empty hud.

Edited by Dorientje Woller
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

New head of LOGO X available at The Engine Room, crown and skin as on picture is included, neck and pins under the eyes as in the picture are a fixed feature. Price: 999 Lindens, EVO X enabled. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Syndicate/171/84/522

Extra info, straight from the wire: human version of this head is already in the pipeline.

This is also the reason why the updates of the current range has been paused till the release of the human counterpart of this head.

MABEL 6.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

New head of LOGO X available at The Engine Room, crown and skin as on picture is included, neck and pins under the eyes as in the picture are a fixed feature. Price: 999 Lindens, EVO X enabled. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Syndicate/171/84/522

Extra info, straight from the wire: human version of this head is already in the pipeline.

This is also the reason why the updates of the current range has been paused till the release of the human counterpart of this head.

MABEL 6.png

Oh, that is a cute head!

• Like 1

Major information from Maximillian himself:

So, there is actually a BIG problem with the 4 updated heads, I'll be sending out updates this week
I discovered it when working on this head (M.A.B.E.L Human Version)

Somehow the mesh that I have all my weights on got screwed up, and the lips upper left and lower left got copied from the right side.
So the left side of the mouth is pulling to the right.

So, the 4 updated heads will have a fix/update plus some extra small improvements this week.

2nd point, of which I have informed Max about it: the M.A.B.E.L. Cybernetic Head has issues where the eyeballs are clipping the eyelids during certain animations. Max will look into it.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so tempted to buy one right now, but want to hold out until Alexis comes out to see how that one turns out..

These are the only female heads that I seen there so far.. Well not counting the three out front and the cybor'ish one.. I didn't want to flood a lot of pictures  in here too much.. hehehe

These are the ones I seen in the back on the left side of the store.

GenusBabyface_015.thumb.png.1a467643185071afe7189a709243c893.png

Then the Ivy one that is  just inside past the three at the front door.. Is this the  other version of the cybor'ish one?

GenusBabyface_016.thumb.png.2cfe4346ce426300409a066ae2b7f7da.png

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Then the Ivy one that is  just inside past the three at the front door.. Is this the  other version of the cybor'ish one?

The Ivy skin was a group gift (no Velours or TheSkinnery, LOGO own tones), when the Harlow head came out. The Cybor'ish one comes with its own skins in the package.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Oh, it's still early for me.. I thought those were heads on that wall!! \o/ DOH!!

:$

I don't know if Max is going to adapt his non EVO X skins to EVO X. But first on his planning is finishing the MABEL-6 human version and then fixing the bug that is bugging the 4 first updated heads and hopefully the eyeball complex I have where one particular animation let those eyeballs clip with the eyelids. I turned off that animation off for the time being.

• Thanks 2

I recently returned to SL, and some of the posts in this part of the forums have been very helpful... I demo-ed the new Mabel head, which is cute, but as I am looking for a more fully 'human'l look, I ended up going to the Logo main store and picking up the Paris head... I am trying out the advanced head now, and I understand that this version cannot be changed via the sliders due to something about the animations particular to the head.

I picked up the Genus gift head, the strong one, so I am curious to see how this one compares.   I wanted a head that was EvoX compatible, but do not have quite the budget to spend on a Lelutka head as of yet. This Paris one was 999 so I like that.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Liathrynna said:

I recently returned to SL, and some of the posts in this part of the forums have been very helpful... I demo-ed the new Mabel head, which is cute, but as I am looking for a more fully 'human'l look, I ended up going to the Logo main store and picking up the Paris head... I am trying out the advanced head now, and I understand that this version cannot be changed via the sliders due to something about the animations particular to the head.

I picked up the Genus gift head, the strong one, so I am curious to see how this one compares.   I wanted a head that was EvoX compatible, but do not have quite the budget to spend on a Lelutka head as of yet. This Paris one was 999 so I like that.

Black Friday weekend and all of December are big sale periods in SL. Right now there is also the Halloween Shop & Hop event going on, if you want to check out those shops for sales and gifts. - None of the more popular mesh heads or bodies, probably, but there may be skin & hair on sale, and definitely clothes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Black Friday weekend and all of December are big sale periods in SL. Right now there is also the Halloween Shop & Hop event going on, if you want to check out those shops for sales and gifts. - None of the more popular mesh heads or bodies, probably, but there may be skin & hair on sale, and definitely clothes.

Thank you for the info.  I already hit the Halloween Shop and Hop and found some good things.  I got the Belleza Lite GenX Classic body as well as the Lucy Body and bought the BoM head.   Someone else mentioned to wait for the upcoming Black Friday weekend and through December for good sales too.  I am looking forward to those.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Liathrynna said:

True, the advanced version is nearly impossible to alter with the sliders due to the fact that these animations needed that some points of the head had to be attached to other spots on the head. Normally, there should be also a standard version included in that package, which is far more modifiable with the sliders.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Liathrynna said:

Thank you for the info.  I already hit the Halloween Shop and Hop and found some good things.  I got the Belleza Lite GenX Classic body as well as the Lucy Body and bought the BoM head.   Someone else mentioned to wait for the upcoming Black Friday weekend and through December for good sales too.  I am looking forward to those.

As Persephone, my favorite body is Belleza Freya, but this body is no longer being updated by Belleza and it's pretty hard to find clothes for it now. I also bought the Belleza GenX Classic Lite as a possible replacement for it, but it's hard to find clothes for GenX bodies. Recently I got the Erika Zero Lite as a free group gift (during a promo period for the Erika group). I really like the shape of this body, but it's also hard to find clothes for it.

In contrast, my 2 female alts have worn the LucyBody Atenea and Maitreya Lara, and it's always easy to find Maitreya Lara clothes that fit those 2 bodies. I think you'll also find vastly more clothing that fits LucyBody Atenea, than fits the GenX Classic. Maitreya is planning to update their Lara body soon to Lara X, but if you like this body, the update will be free to those who own a Lara body when the update comes out.

The head you use is less of a problem, since it only needs a good skin and makeup, rather than clothing. Lelutka EvoX is the most popular brand currently, so if they give out a free head in December, definitely get one. Akeruka gives out free group gift heads in December that are EvoX compatible, but their group is $L 150, whereas Lelutka's is free. LOGO is currently updating their heads to be EvoX compatible, and their heads are also a good option. Genus isn't EvoX compatible, but it's still a good option. I'd suggest to Demo Akeruka, LOGO, and Lelutka EvoX compatible heads.

It's easier to find skins for EvoX heads than for Genus heads, but there are Genus compatible skins available. If you join "SL frees and Offers" and "Fabulously Free", these groups are 2 of the best for finding freebies and discounts.

7 Deadly Skins has some Genus skins. Their group join fee is usually expensive, but sometimes they set it to free. I also recommend Nuve skins for their many group gift skins - body and head, EvoX mostly, but also some for other heads. That group is $L 300 to join, but last December was free to join, when they had a pack of free head & body skins in all their skin tones. If you like fantasy tones, Moth and Moon, is free join and has 2 sets of group gift EvoX compatible skins in a greenish-grey and a light mauve, as well as a group gift in 6 natural tones - theirs & Velour's.

• Like 1

Thank you both for all the information.  I will definitely keep an eye out for the free heads in December from Lelutka.  I may end up getting the Maitreya body soon as well as I have seen how much of the market has clothes available for it after having the Lucy body.

I actually like the Belleza Genx Classic, but yeah, it is harder to find clothing for it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Danielle Atheria said:

I had a Logo head for the longest time and was absolutely gorgeous. I only updated just to try something different (Catwa Lelutka etc) I still have it so may look ❤️

Those heads marked LOGOX are the updated(Willow, Bella, Chelsea, Chase)/new heads (Paris, Veronica, Harlow, Mabel-6 Cybernetic) are EVO X enabled. Meaning that you can use the normal SL UV mapping as the EVO X mapping on them with a flip of the switch in the hud.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Danielle Atheria said:

I had LOGO Josie. May as well delete now along with my Catya and GaEg heads

You might as well hold on to it, till the update is been released. First order of the day for Maximillian is releasing the human version of the M.A.B.E.L.-6 head. I'll try my best to update people here of the progress Max is making.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 74 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.