Eerie/weird places to visit

Bazzilla

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Quite a number of universities and colleges set up virtual campuses in Second Life a long time ago, around the same time as big commercial companies felt the need to have a presence. Most of the commercial companies left when they realised there was no great benefit to them from being in SL but some of the academic institutions have remained as abandoned time capsules devoted to something that never quite took off. It's fun to wander round these places.

• Like 4

Linden Memorial Park, an abandoned set of regions devoted to those who once called second life their home.  Long abandoned by the Lindens, and moles, for reasons unknown to me, very few residents make their presence known here anymore.  A stroll along the lonely paths, and various grave sites placed randomly does induce an eerie feeling in me, these were real people, loved and had a place in second life.  

Not really for entertainment, but reflection I think.  Just as any memorial site, it should be respected, the ghosts of the past live on in this virtual landscape, the echoes of their lives continue, and it will be a place you can reflect upon your own life and pay your respect to those who have since moved on.

Snapshot_1077.thumb.png.48ab6aa14269e6a37566acdbf667ad54.png

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 9

On 8/16/2023 at 4:44 PM, AmeliaJ08 said:

Manakai Reef Break is a pretty strange place, it's a surfing beach but very abandoned and run down, looks like people left in a hurry...

Thank you. Sounds exactly what I'm looking for. I'll add that my list.

At 1:42 of this video it tells you how to set your personal lighting. You need to set your ambient color and sun color to black. This should turn off all environmental lights and you will only be able to see any object lights or objects set to glow or full bright. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

At 1:42 of this video it tells you how to set your personal lighting. You need to set your ambient color and sun color to black. This should turn off all environmental lights and you will only be able to see any object lights or objects set to glow or full bright. 

Brilliant! Thank you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.