Confusion on sub-fora topics

Persephone Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lifestyles and Relationships should be renamed " Second Life Lifestyles and Relationships".

General Discussion sub-fora should also specificy general discussion of what? - ie. "General Land Discussion", "General Adult Discussion", etc.

Some new posters seem to be confused.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I think the confusion is in part because most people think whining and moaning is posted in General Discussion, TMI Drama is in "Your Avatar", and pleas for dating help is posted everywhere, but if SL related goes in RolePlay.

I really like your suggestion of making the Sub-Forae more obviously Second Life-related by changing their Names to be more t!tularly topical.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Perhaps it would be helpful to also add a blurb at the beginning of each Forum (or in the Forum descriptions) to include something about "..in Second Life..".

That way, if the person cannot / does not read the Forum header itself, the Description is also there.

Otherwise, we're going to need a "Dateing" Sub-Forum..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the People section gets too many "Let's All Diss LL" topics.

Not enough people talking or asking about how to do anything, just whining about how nothing is good enough.

Someone is having an issue with something, and people with over a decade of experience with SL try to help them, and they just tell everyone to naff off if they aren't going to fix it all for them magically somehow. They're playing "you can't help me, so hah!"

And a forum devoted to things like how to make an awesome avatar or where to find things to do inworld isn't the place to play games like "no, YOU'RE a troll!", or "you can't help me, so hah!"

In my opinion.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 8/8/2023 at 12:46 AM, Persephone Emerald said:

Lifestyles and Relationships should be renamed " Second Life Lifestyles and Relationships".

General Discussion sub-fora should also specificy general discussion of what? - ie. "General Land Discussion", "General Adult Discussion", etc.

Some new posters seem to be confused.

If it were possible I would like to see a banner at the top of the forum landing page and topics list that states "All posts and topics on this forum are purely for the discussion of Second Life".

After all, that is what LL have stated and seem to want.  The grandfathered topics are really exceptions and it still doesn't hurt for new people to think they should be SL related too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/8/2023 at 7:32 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

I think the confusion is in part because most people think whining and moaning is posted in General Discussion, TMI Drama is in "Your Avatar", and pleas for dating help is posted everywhere, but if SL related goes in RolePlay.

I really like your suggestion of making the Sub-Forae more obviously Second Life-related by changing their Names to be more t!tularly topical.

Perhaps LL could coral rants, complaints and the sky is falling into it's own sub-topic.  Residents could then suggest they take it there if it's more than just a grumble and mods could move their posts over.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Perhaps LL could coral rants, complaints and the sky is falling into it's own sub-topic.  Residents could then suggest they take it there if it's more than just a grumble and mods could move theirs posts over.

Absolutely. We need a "The Sky is Falling! - Complaints and Rants" subforum.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 8/8/2023 at 7:05 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

"Dateing" Sub-Forum.

😬

.. Following an OCD episode, due to the above, may I just say that I barely ever notice section headings as I always enter via the tradesman's entrance.

aka. View New Content.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CandyCole said:

😬

.. Following an OCD episode, due to the above, may I just say that I barely ever notice section headings as I always enter via the tradesman's entrance.

aka. View New Content.

Fun Fact: One of the most popular threads was titled, "What are you listening right know?" for years, until a moderator apparently fixed it. This spirit is reflected in the still-living thread, "Take your shovel and feel it."

Consequently, I propose a sub-Forum where all thread titles must be misspelled, Spoonerisms, and/or malapropisms. Possible Sub-Forum title suggestions to include, "Second Laff and You", "Fatherly Anecdotes" (aka "Dad Jokes"), "Your Aviary", etc.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Fun Fact: One of the most popular threads was titled, "What are you listening right know?" for years, until a moderator apparently fixed it. This spirit is reflected in the still-living thread, "Take your shovel and feel it."

Consequently, I propose a sub-Forum where all thread titles must be misspelled, Spoonerisms, and/or malapropisms. Possible Sub-Forum title suggestions to include, "Second Laff and You", "Fatherly Anecdotes" (aka "Dad Jokes"), "Your Aviary", etc.

🤯 aghast emoji at the thought of intentional bad grammar and misspellings

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Perrie Juran said:

Perhaps we could use a Gripes and Complaints sub forum that gets cleared every four hours like a sandbox.

19 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Is the poop getting scooped out, or just getting covered over with sand?

Ok,  now I'm imagining someone leaving poop 💩  in the sandbox at the Welcome Hub.  😆 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.