Move Land Forum higher up

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In my opinion, the Land Forum is placed way too long down, compared to how important it is for SL. If everyone who own or rent land left, SL would have to close. I am not sure what creates more income, Avatar Customization or Land, but I will guess it is land.

Land Forum would have more activity if people did not have to scroll and scroll down.

Many pay premium, so they can buy Mainland, a Homestead or have a Linden home. I realize that people may have it only for more groups or other reasons. But even if they rent, it is land owned by another resident/landbaron who pay to LL.

I suggest Land Forum is moved to second place.

• People Forum
  • Land Forum
  • Creation Forum
  • Commerce Forum
  • Technology Forum
  • Places and Events
  • Official Contests
  • International Forum
  • Like 4

Why?

image.thumb.png.72d7258fe49a91ec5a16b155d19e2ee7.png

Each category can be collapsed and stays that way between visits. If a section is of no interest to a user, they can collapse it as shown and not have to even worry about that section.

In this way, sections that are unimportant to a particular user can be 'hidden'.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I disagree about placing "Places and Events" so low. That forum might help draw traffic inworld. I think that should be just under the People forum.

Could Official Contests be a top subforum of Places and Events, since contests are a type of event?

*   People Forum

*   Events and Places Forum

*   Land Forum

*   Creation Forum

*   Commerce Forum

*   Technology Forum

*   International Forum

*   Adult Forum

*   FAQs and Answers

Edited by Persephone Emerald

If we move the Land Forum "up", can we also add an option to completely ignore any posts in certain Forums?

Those Land ads are really annoying. (And no, for anyone who suggests it, I am not will to create a complex search criteria instead of using "unread"/"news feed".)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If we move the Land Forum "up", can we also add an option to completely ignore any posts in certain Forums?

Those Land ads are really annoying. (And no, for anyone who suggests it, I am not will to create a complex search criteria instead of using "unread"/"news feed".)

You could just put the 2 worst offenders in the rentals on Ignore.  That would clear out 99% of the clutter there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

You could just put the 2 worst offenders in the rentals on Ignore.  That would clear out 99% of the clutter there.

True, but..then you still see them in the feed ("You have chose to ignore content by XXX.").

Unlike the OTHER people I have on "ignore", who I may want to read their post occasionally..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

They should rename the General Discussion in the Land section to General Land Discussion.  I've noticed people mistake it for General Discussion Forum.

I put in that suggestion 2 years ago. The only thing that happened was LL moved the topic to regular General Discussion and then moved it back to the Feedback section:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I put in that suggestion 2 years ago. The only thing that happened was LL moved the topic to regular General Discussion and then moved it back to the Feedback section:

They couldn't figure out how to add a word?  They need to add Adult to the General sections in the Adult forum also.  I mean, how hard can that be?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

How hard can it be to check the section of the forum you're perusing?

image.thumb.png.d95cc63c289f971fdfb388aec0695854.png

See that string up top? That tells you where you are.

Now if you're going to threads directly from your Unread Content feed ... That's a slightly different story. Slightly different.

There still ought to be some sort of context clue - be it the thread title, OP, general contents of a particular thread ....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.