deserted Gorean sims and combat in my time zone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I was involved in a long-term (8-years) relationship here with someone I thought was a woman -- turned out to be a man.

I tell you, it's some sort of disease around here.

I would just understand that though one may like the externals of the one gender,  the preference is for the internals to be more like the other gender.

18 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Sure, what's the next RP group that should be outed and pushed to Opemsim? Any suggestions?

Who pushed the Gor groups out, that left?
My guess, they left out of free will. And let's face it running one or more sims for roleplay purposes in SL doesn't come cheap.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Harper Held said:

We can run through the gamut of kinks and roleplays until all that is left is a giant prim in Da Boom with the words "Not Allowed Here" and nothing else.

Given the alarming and rising tide of puritanism spreading across the internet I'm expecting that to happen more sooner than later.

The solution is to force everyone to voice verify with males. Obviously.

• Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Ted McGregor said:
6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I was involved in a long-term (8-years) relationship here with someone I thought was a woman -- turned out to be a man.

OMG Luna .. does that mean all these years you were actually straight ? Can you cure yourself from that ? :P

They seemed like a woman to me, even on the phone. Feminine voice. We're still friends. I actually forgave them after the shock, as they didn't do it to 'fool me' as some do here...rather they just wanted to experience this part of themselves they needed to know. And they never were or are trans.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:
5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I would just understand that though one may like the externals of the one gender,  the preference is for the internals to be more like the other gender.

Who we talkin about here?

1 minute ago, Sid Nagy said:

My guess, they left out of free will. And let's face it running one or more sims for roleplay purposes in SL doesn't come cheap.

I think they left with their tails between their legs. Oh, wait. No furries. The poor fragile guys don't even have tails. 

IMG_9036.jpeg

• Haha 4

Just now, Sid Nagy said:

No they don't and the advantage for Gor communities is that they tend to be self sufficient with many of the women taking an active part in making clothing while the men focus on the building. They don't need much from outside their own communities in terms of goods or other people.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

would just understand that though one may like the externals of the one gender,  the preference is for the internals to be more like the other gender.

Oh I have to add...it's about far more than physical characteristics...it's really more about emotional realities.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Am I the only person who doesn't care if people inworld approach in character?  Even if I only casually RP just long enough to "make a swift escape" and OOC them that I'm not interested. Done - and no ones day is ruined.

Context and consent matter.  Some rp I don't mind one bit, some bothers me tremendously. This is where context comes into play the most. While I may not like everyone's flavor of rp and may not want to participate at all in it, I won't necessarily be extremely bothered by it at all times.

I can't stand ickle baby speak, but I'm not going to chastise someone in local for using it around me. I also won't rp with them, I'll walk away. No one is owed my response, to anything, not that I think everyone believes they are. There are other types of rp I just won't even acknowledge, much less engage in, in any form. Some of those types may get told which of their own orifices they can place their rp. Context and consent, both are super easy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harper Held said:

Getting back on topic:

...if there are Gorean memes, they can't be found through imgr 😢😭

So it's not just SL Gor has been pushed out of!

True .. all Goreans worldwide have been flocking to Diablo IV to become barbarians and kick the crap out of Lilith before she takes over the world.

What rock you been hiding under ? Didn't they throw you the memo written in stone ?  :|

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ted McGregor said:

True .. all Goreans worldwide have been flocking to Diablo IV to become barbarians and kick the crap out of Lilith before she takes over the world.

What rock you been hiding under ? Didn't they throw you the memo written in stone ?  :|

Of course not -I'm a wimmin! They passed it on to the manfolk that's supposed to be keepin me in the kitchen I mean hearth I mean firepit. Sadly, said manfolk wound up in the stew!  🤣

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Harper Held said:

It's not really Gor or an ideology that has been pushed out of SL, it's roleplayers that have left Gor/or SL. And it's not an achievement at all. Countless sims had belonged to that roleplaying theme that could have been *any* other theme with a background of rival groups and sex. 

Edited by xDancingStarx
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Harper Held said:

Getting back on topic:

...if there are Gorean memes, they can't be found through imgr 😢😭

Google searches for things like "Gor Communities" seem to show an awful lot of activity dating from pre-2012, most of it in SL, and not a great deal since.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.