Alts in the forums

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 hours ago, Bagnu said:

The "ignore" button should be used much more often. 

The ignore button doesn't stop people from posting, it just means you can't see their posts, Which means they can talk behind your back.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tayt3rChip said:

On the topic of outing Alts, I don't believe it should be a standard practice. I don't believe we need a Forums Special Operations Alt busting team. However, I do see the legitimacy of exposing a person behind an alt ( with evidence not speculation) if the person on the alt account is doing something against the rules that is bringing harm to others. I probably need to consider this aspect more carefully , haven't given it a lot of thought so my opinions aren't concrete.. 

lol @ "forums special operations alt busting team"   :)

It's actually against the forum rules to identify alts on the forum, and you can get a slap from the mods.

However, if I saw someone being especially malicious with their alts I  would AR them and let the mods take care of it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Abuse Report. Technically one can only use the Abuse Report function inworld, but the Report function on the forums works the same way. 

oh ok thanks for letting me know. I gathered from the context it was a report of some kind but wanted clarification on what the acronym meant. I actually didn't know that it was against the rules to out alts either. 

41935121.jpg.f0c5ef6b0ed0da2cac29afbe505df391.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BillFletcher said:

The ignore button doesn't stop people from posting, it just means you can't see their posts, Which means they can talk behind your back.

Yes and if there is going to be a joke at my expense, I at least want a share in the comedic moment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
24 minutes ago, BillFletcher said:

Yes and if there is going to be a joke at my expense, I at least want a share in the comedic moment. 

haha...once I even got to share in the behind the scenes gossip about me when an annoying person messaged one of my alts in IM to tell the alt how horrible i was...

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Tayt3rChip said:

actually didn't know that it was against the rules to out alts either. 

Pretty much telling anyone anything about someone else without their consent is a violation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If something is told in confidence, it's against the rules.  Guessing, not so much.  Making mistakes and outing yourself?  That's just funny.

Depends on how others bring it back up. If light hearted fun its all fine but when there is a vindictiveness behind it then it would just be rude and probably against the spirit of the guidelines.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Depends on how others bring it back up. If light hearted fun its all fine but when there is a vindictiveness behind it then it would just be rude and probably against the spirit of the guidelines.

And that would be what the report button is for.   Let the mods sort it out.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Oh so you mean we should all post in a way to see what we can get away with according to the guidelines?

Sure, you go first.   I've guessed at someone's alt and so have a few people.  AFAIK, they didn't get reprimanded nor did I.  The posts are also still up for all to see.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2023 at 3:07 PM, BillFletcher said:

We all know that there are alts here in the forms, and probably there are some we don't even know about

I never let my alts into the forums because no matter what I say they always argue with me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I find that challenging ruffians to fisticuffs generally works, as they are for the most part cowards at heart.

If that doesn't work, running fast is an excellent alternative.

I can run pretty fast, I sometimes throw things too, that's my greatest defense. I spend entirely too much time with toddlers, lmao. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Casidy Silvercloud said:

I can run pretty fast, I sometimes throw things too, that's my greatest defense. I spend entirely too much time with toddlers, lmao. 

Toddlers are definitely ruffians! 

Fun Fact:  Some Alts are hard to distinguish from Toddlers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.