SLB20 Opening Ceremony Lab Gab - Announcements?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Question from a mutual friend.

Did anyone check to see what body Patch was wearing?

Was it NUX?

I went over to try to see the opening live (first attempt ever in 17 years). To my surprise I could get in 15 minutes before showtime, saw an awful lot of name tags and clouds and then I crashed out. Later I only saw Patch next to the E-car that Americans can win during the SL20B sweepstakes. That wasn't NUX, but a cardboard display. 🤣

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

When the current investors want out, which is what investors do- what's left to sell?

Considering that most avatars are over, well over 1000 days old --usually around 3000+ whenever I go to a crowded place--if they sell lifetime premium memberships for a quick cash bump-- they will have a liability on the books and any future owner of LL will see the expense of running the place with no upside since those who could buy  probably upgraded already  - so why buy LL --why, or rather HOW  to stay open? The land model is slowly phasing down  --and if they get all the membership bucks booked this year how do the lights stay on in the future  -- I hope I'm wrong but this was a worrisome thing to just toss  out .

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I wait for the forums to give summaries. Lab Gabs just don't work for me. Boring.

May I strongly recommend Inara Pey's blog. She's thorough and she adds enough additional commentary to assist in making it all make sense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Okay folks, don't hold your breath over a lifetime premium membership coming next.
According to Inara Pey's blog it is "only" one of the prices in the SL20B sweepstakes.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

No, I listened to the speech and Patch Linden definitely didn't say you can ONLY win it... you can buy Lifetime.

If so, I expect prices around 1000 usd for a lifetime premium account. (10x a year payment)

26 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

If so, I expect prices around 1000 usd for a lifetime premium account. (10x a year payment)

At least - especially if it is coming with 4 times the Tier that regular Premium gets (thought that Tier part might have just been someone's hopes mentioned here and not any valid rumor)

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Gabriele Graves said:

The ARV of the Grand Prize is listed as USD 749 here:

https://secondlife.com/sweepstakes/sl20b-global-sweepstakes

PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE IN US DOLLARS (“ARV”)

Grand Prize (1): A Sponsor selected membership SecondLifetime Premium subscription membership. The ARV of the Grand Prize is USD $749.

It's good that someone around here actually pokes around and reads things instead of just sitting here making wild guesses like me

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Even at a price of $750, I'm not sure I have enough SL years left in me to justify that.  If I was 10 yrs younger, hell yes.  I'm still only paying for regular Premium and that is 7.5 yrs of said payments.  If, by chance, it ends up being Lifetime Premium Plus or some other odd variation of what we currently have, then who knows.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

So are they lowering the price of.premium and premium plus?  

It says this...

First Prize (1): A Sponsor selected membership one (1) year Premium Plus subscription membership. The ARV of the First Prize is USD $99.

Daily Prizes (14 – one per day): A Sponsor-selected membership A one (1) year Premium subscription membership. The ARV of each Daily Prize is USD $66.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

So are they lowering the price of.premium and premium plus?  

It says this...

First Prize (1): A Sponsor selected membership one (1) year Premium Plus subscription membership. The ARV of the First Prize is USD $99.

Daily Prizes (14 – one per day): A Sponsor-selected membership A one (1) year Premium subscription membership. The ARV of each Daily Prize is USD $66.

They could be taking into account the Stipend paid back.  Premium Plus is $249 per year -- minus their note of $99 leaves $150.  L$650 for 52 weeks at an average rate of L$225 per $1 US is roughly $150 .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

They could be taking into account the Stipend paid back.  Premium Plus is $249 per year -- minus their note of $99 leaves $150.  L$650 for 52 weeks at an average rate of L$225 per $1 US is roughly $150 .

Makes sense then.  You good at the maths!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.