Getting a thread closed

BilliJo Aldrin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 328 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

One can always hope that people will stay civil, but once again, I was wrong

You: "Look guys, I was intentionally being a butt and directly caused someone to leave because they didn't want to put up with me. I hope they learned their lesson."

Forum: "You were kind of a butt, you know."

You: "I can't believe these people won't blame Linden Lab for this. Linden Lab should close my thread."

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Submit a report and walk away. It's up to the moderators to decide what to do with it. You can't "get a thread closed. " If the mods decide it's not a violation or that your report is out of line, you'll never know why nothing happens. In any case,  you did your part,  so just let it go. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

From observation of threads which get closed, it may help if multiple users report the thread. (Unconfirmed, but it may be that a certain minimum "report count" causes Moderators to be alerted to a thread.)

I doubt that the number of reports makes much difference. The mods are probably just as likely to ignore five frivolous reports as they are to ignore one. What counts is whether someone broke one of the rules.  And just asking to have your own thread closed won't necessarily work either. The mods seem to lock threads when they've gone off the rails, not when you ask them to. 

Edited by Rolig Loon
Typos, of course
  • Like 2

If you decide to close a thread within 24 hours of posting it, you could change the title to something like "Please DeleteThis Thread", "Please Close and Let This Thread Die", or even "I was a jerk to start this thread and now everyone is being mean to me." That might get the forum moderator's attention so they'll lock it.

Alternatively, you could use an alt to reply to your thread with a post saying "In before the lock". That almost always works. 😆 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 328 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.