I used Midjourney to see how I want my avatar to look! I am so dated looking! someone give me suggestions!

Sorina Garrigus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I desperately need a make over! I included what I look like as an avatar now and what I should look like according to Midjourney. I need suggestions on how to go from elder SL look to more current!

My old school noob look!

image.png

My Avatar based on Midjourney's AI art interpretation. 

Sorina_Garrigus_photo_realistic_woman_with_green_hair_and_a_top_3d556788-65bf-487e-ac7f-eb7d80a599a2.png

• Like 6

I used the original picture from SL as a source image you paste the link in. Also I used image weights. --iw 2

I also found a woman online with green hair for another reference. 

this was my midjourney prompt  the links are the image sources it used. 
https://s.mj.run/6EUlrGgZLks https://s.mj.run/o3O4CFAajfc photo realistic woman with dark green hair and a top hat with steampunk goggles standing in front of a huge game store. completely photo real --iw 2 --ar 16:9 --v 5.1

Edited by Sorina Garrigus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you're aiming for Steampunk, a good jog around the next Engine Room event should get you there. In the meantime, try Silvery K. and Web Dew.

Head/body is a personal choice. For bodies, go with whatever has good fantasy support (which would be Maitreya, Legacy, or Reborn at the moment). For Silvery K. - Maitreya and Legacy. Web Dew does all three...I think.

Hair - um...anywhere - Truth, Magika, Sintiklia, Wasabi, No Match, Doux, Moon, VCO, Wings, etc. etc. etc. Most have green.

Gloom has really cool eyes in a wide array of colors.

Makeup/skins - anywhere.

• Like 4

Clothing suggestion:  Toksik

Hair: Raven Bell has some amazing color hairs.

I'm not sure on hats, but any modern steampunk shop should have plenty to choose from.   Wicca's Originals is a good store to start off for many things, not just hats. 

If you want that complete look, you're going to have to make the switch to a mesh head and body.  Lelutka Avalon imho is the most adaptable of modern mesh heads.  Body would just be a matter of your vision for your body. Maitreya has the most made for it.  If you're going cheap, Lucybody is free (250L for BOM add-on).  

Weekend sales always have tons of skins and eyes and jewelry that would fit that look for cheap. 

• Like 3

Contraption and Pixel Box are good for steampunk too.

You need a mesh body, head, hair & clothes. Maitreya is the easiest body to outfit, but if you want to save money you can get the free Atenea body on the MM board at LucyBody & then buy the Bakes on Mesh applier for it. It fits Maitreya clothes. A Lelutka EvoX head is best, but you can try the free Genus head or join Akeruka & wait to see if they have $L 1 group gift heads in June. Join the SL Frees & Offers & Fabulously Free groups to find free & sale skin, hair & clothes. A good skin is important, and now it has to be made to fit your mesh body & your mesh head. Most skins now come as a skin layer for your body & a tattoo layer for your head. 7 Deadly Skins has single skins made to fit Maitreya Lara & various mesh heads. If you get an EvoX head, you'll need an EvoX skin, which should come with skin for the ears on a Universal Tattoo layer.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

Cog & Fleur is another suggestion for clothing.

I just put this look together with stuff I already own:  Cog & Fleur outfit, hair is Vanessa by Magika, hat is by Leilani Carver (but I modded it with new textures).

52927083279_e095b29b67_b.jpg

If you want the more acid-green shade of hair, look for Doux instead (I just thought the darker more leaf-green that Magika has looked better with my outfit).

• Like 7

I really like Cog & Fleur; the group is I think 100L to join and the group gifts don't change super fast, but if you stay in it a while, you end up getting a pretty great pile of stuff. If you like something on Midnight Madness, post in the group, we kind of have to be chivvied into going to tag it, but we rally when we get some encouragement! :D

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Sorina Garrigus said:

I desperately need a make over! I included what I look like as an avatar now and what I should look like according to Midjourney. I need suggestions on how to go from elder SL look to more current!

My old school noob look!

image.png

Sorina_Garrigus_photo_realistic_woman_with_green_hair_and_a_top_3d556788-65bf-487e-ac7f-eb7d80a599a2.png

A good match for that hair, you might find at Nova, it reminds me of one of their styles at first sight.. I think I have a hat similar to that, which even has smoke coming out of the top.. It's somewhere in my inventory, but it has a similar fit.. I'm sure there are much more up to date hats than mine though that wear even better.. I think mine might even be sculptie, so it's pretty old, but looks nice still the last time I remember wearing it..

I love those hats! \o/

I also love that look and hope you find everything you are looking for to get there. :)

Honestly, you should be able to put that whole look together pretty easy in SL, I would think..

• Like 2

Hi hi hi

You can get someone who will do it for you This lady has every body and head available and can custom make your avi to look any way you choose not sure how much the service is but l guarantee its worth it.the ladles name is Shelby.monitor and she is the owner of palomma plaza,where free dove is located

e9a1e222-beea-4eb4-98de-7c8e108ab967

Good luck Mannie

n'thing Cog & Fleur; Poison Rouge have some nice hats; and in the meantime there is a steampunk avatar with mesh clothing in your inventory library (her name is Abigail). I'd start with one of the group gift hairs from Sintiklia, though if you did want to splash out Magika have a 40% sale on this weekend.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2023 at 5:59 PM, Lysistrata Szapira said:

Hair: Raven Bell has some amazing color hairs.

Raven Bell is also mod, which lets me put "hide" scripts in it keyed to hats/hoods/helmets with an off and on version.

A lot of the "big" hair makers are nomod, even if you spend over 1k (Mina is 1050 L$ for a fatpack) on all the texturer options, so I've been using a lot of Raven Bell and Olive (ran into it on Happy Weekend and not only did it look good but it was mod even on sale) lately. Loved the Burley I picked up as well, needed tight braids for a statue avatar and they had them, plus even the small packs were mod, so I would drop a *little* tint onto the white to have it look like matte stainless steel.

15 hours ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

Poison Rouge have some nice hats

Love the designs there, though know that they are very bad about having any option to hide parts of them, my *almost* favorite hat has a little skull on it that looks very out of place and no HUD option to hide it plus even fatpacks are nomod so youcan't use built tools to set the transparency on the parts you don't want visible.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 7:36 AM, Sorina Garrigus said:

My old school noob look!

image.png

Toksik has a lot of nice steampunk looks, too. You might want to explore the Roleplay Addicts sale as well as the We ❤️ RP event. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 6:33 PM, Sparkle Bunny said:

n'thing Cog & Fleur; Poison Rouge have some nice hats; and in the meantime there is a steampunk avatar with mesh clothing in your inventory library (her name is Abigail). I'd start with one of the group gift hairs from Sintiklia, though if you did want to splash out Magika have a 40% sale on this weekend.

I went to check out Magika's sale to see if I could complete my collection and found that I already have it all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.