Profile 1st life & 2nd life tabs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Maddie Margulis said:

Why is it that on some profiles these pages are long enough to have to scroll down to get to the bottom but others get cut off often mid-word and the owners of those profile have no idea until someone tells them? 

The legacy profiles or the web-based ones? 

Profiles that are cut off mid sentence are a result of the profile posters not bothering to look at their own profile after they updated it.

Web profiles are gone - whilst they can still be viewed on the web there is no ability to edit or update them from the web interface now.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2023 at 2:40 AM, Silent Mistwalker said:

You can see either legacy or the web-based ones inside SL. You make the choice through your viewer setting, if you use a TPV that gives you that choice like Firestorm.

Just asked in FS support, no such setting.

• Haha 1

This is my profile as seen in the official viewer:

LLviewer.thumb.png.40223dfc039c77038492dd3d487221e3.png

All text in the first life tab is complete.

This is what my alt sees in Firestorm:

firestormviewer.png.3d19b6230541ad2d5539a4f158b4b0e8.png

Firestorm hacks off a sentence and a half in the first life tab. I don't know what Firestorm is doing.

Edited by Eddy Vortex

I was testing how long my profile could be in the Linden viewer and it looks like the limit is about 5,000 characters. (Maybe someone else can verify) I could actually type more than 5k but the profile was truncated after saving. Perhaps some profiles are cut off if people don't check their profile after hitting the save button.   It seems the web profile also updates in just a few seconds after I hit save in the viewer. 

13 hours ago, Maddie Margulis said:

Just asked in FS support, no such setting.

Probably because it is no longer necessary and has been removed.

LEGACY PROFILES

In 2022, Linden Lab made the formal transition back to present avatar profiles through an integrated floater within the viewer with the promotion of viewer version 6.6.3.574158 was promoted to de facto release status in August of that year (although the web-based version of profiles can still be accessed – with reduced functionality – via my.secondlife.com).

With Firestorm 6.6.8, Firestorm incorporates the Lab’s Legacy Profiles code into their existing Profiles floater, with some changes to the latter as noted below.

https://modemworld.me/2023/01/17/firestorm-6-6-8-profiles-local-mesh-and-more/

https://modemworld.me/2019/06/11/sl-legacy-profiles-project-viewer/

image.thumb.png.800edb2b18a1c4462826f3ca36ce995a.png

23 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Hopefully you are talking to one of the support team members and not just the people who like hanging out.

[2023/05/11 21:19]  StarWolff2000: (W 6.6.10sc*) Maddie, you'll have to wait until the next release :(

Yeah, pretty sure they are a support team member :)

Edited by Maddie Margulis
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.