Khara

taisiyakarpenko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I grabbed a demo yesterday and sort of tried it out some, but could only mess with it for a little  bit since I had other things to do..

It looks interesting, but have to mess with the shapes some to really see what it can do.. With my current shape on it had some strange things going on just under the waist where the leg and upper thigh muscles meet that gave sort of a pinch off point in the hips.. If you were sitting down, it would be right in the crease that your legs and body make where they meet.. Some kind of curving going on in there that I want to dive into more.

I'm thinking that's mainly because of my shape though..  Again I only had a quick look at it and the hud.. But it looks like you could do some nice tone fit looks with it .. I didn't open the sliders at all to try how far each way it will go..

I'm looking forward to the many looks people will make with it.. I like what you did with it as well..It looks great:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Redundant and doa. That's about all I can think of it. Might have some "hype" here on the forums, like about CZ Slim body which currently has 40 entries detected on the mesh bodies/heads stats list, but not seeing any top tier/relevant creators picking it up.

Edited by steeljane42
  • Like 2

Since I've been seeing less Kupra and more Reborn bodies lately, maybe it was time.for.something for those.looking to slim down their avatar?  Slimmer looks are.kind of stuck.with Maitreya right now unless you want the bloated Legacy body.  Since it's from a current relevant (sorry Belleza) body designer, it may do alright.  

Having said that, I'll stick.with Reborn.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, steeljane42 said:

Redundant and doa. That's about all I can think of it. Might have some "hype" here on the forums, like about CZ Slim body which currently has 40 entries detected on the mesh bodies/heads stats list, but not seeing any top tier/relevant creators picking it up.

Well, who qualifies as relevant creators is certainly up to personal preference. Any creator who rigs clothing well has my respect - it's one of the most challenging feats in SL. 

• Like 1

Khara had its own event (well, technically the Inithium event, but close enough) and a bunch of designers made clothing for it there.

As for me, I'm not in the market for a new female body. I like that Khara can be made to look toned/athletic, though, and the arms look nice. That's one thing we've been missing for so long on the female side. I like seeing body diversity - hope it does well (and I hope creators don't get sick of all that rigging 😂).

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

We’ve definitely hit female mesh body fatigue. I might demo it and play around with it this weekend, but that’s about it. It looks nice, but if I wanted to slim down from Ebody size, I’ll just wear my Belleza Classic and call it a day.

Ya, I'm doing a closer look and the butt is kind of it's own thing.. it has that thing were is folds down over the legs..

I'm thinking it's kind of rigged like Maitreya in that area, where the legs and butt aren't rigged to the same bones like Reborn and Erika are.. there is that point where they meet, where if you are say, going for a shorter avatar, you get the crunch right where the legs and butt meet..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Khara had its own event (well, technically the Inithium event, but close enough) and a bunch of designers made clothing for it there.

As for me, I'm not in the market for a new female body. I like that Khara can be made to look toned/athletic, though, and the arms look nice. That's one thing we've been missing for so long on the female side. I like seeing body diversity - hope it does well (and I hope creators don't get sick of all that rigging 😂).

hehehe, I was doing some counting on the ones that are rigging for so many bodies.. Some are rigging for like 10 bodies..  It's hard to believe that something isn't gonna give  in the creative quality.. But then again, I didn't really know if they were running off full perm kits or not, which they may have been..

And ya, I'm not getting another body.. Not unless this one gets up and starts doing the jig on it's own.. hehehe

ETA: GRR They put no mod shapes in the demo..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Cuideachaidh said:

Well, who qualifies as relevant creators is certainly up to personal preference. Any creator who rigs clothing well has my respect - it's one of the most challenging feats in SL. 

There's that, but preferences aside I mostly meant creators that hit top tier events every other month and have built a decent follower base over the years. You can easily tell the effect by the same big events, some rounds that are missing the big names are usually empty on the 2nd-3rd day, and when there's a few of said relevant/big creators events remain busy for quite a while longer, because people flock in to buy their new releases.

Mostly those redundant (as well as dying ones, like Kupra now) bodies all suffer the same fate - lack of original mesh creators support when it comes to new releases, and a whole lot of retextures of FP on the MP, which is almost always the bottom tier quality wise even if much cheaper than anything original. Then again some people are happy with those too despite mediocre quality since it's "good value" and often comes with all colors, it's their choice.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

hehehe, I was doing some counting on the ones that are rigging for so many bodies.. Some are rigging for like 10 bodies..  It's hard to believe that something isn't gonna give  in the creative quality.. But then again, I didn't really know if they were running off full perm kits or not, which they may have been..

And ya, I'm not getting another body.. Not unless this one gets up and starts doing the jig on it's own.. hehehe

ETA: GRR They put no mod shapes in the demo..

Yeahhhh, I know of at least a few creators who rig for double digits, especially when you start counting chest mods and things. I'd honestly be shocked if any of them took Khara on, just due to their already insane workloads!

Khara probably needs a niche so it doesn't get completely lost in the body overload shuffle. I haven't taken a look at the clothes that have been made so far, but I'm hoping they're doing a lot more than just the standard clubwear. Nudge it into the Baywatch/beachwear/swimsuit model niche or somethin'! 😂

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Yeahhhh, I know of at least a few creators who rig for double digits, especially when you start counting chest mods and things. I'd honestly be shocked if any of them took Khara on, just due to their already insane workloads!

Khara probably needs a niche so it doesn't get completely lost in the body overload shuffle. I haven't taken a look at the clothes that have been made so far, but I'm hoping they're doing a lot more than just the standard clubwear. Nudge it into the Baywatch/beachwear/swimsuit model niche or somethin'! 😂

I'm not liking the butt so far..I'm stretching it with the sliders and trying to get something going from a fresh shape, since  they seem to be protective of their shapes..lol

I'm gonna mess with this a little bit more and then see.. I don't want to spend too much time on a body I'm not gonna be getting.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm not liking the butt so far..I'm stretching it with the sliders and trying to get something going from a fresh shape, since  they seem to be protective of their shapes..lol

I'm gonna mess with this a little bit more and then see.. I don't want to spend too much time on a body I'm not gonna be getting.. hehehe

I'll demo it just for giggles, but my next body will be male. Speaking of booty, I've got my eye on that Anatomy body for sure. 👀

I just saw the announcement on Flickr that Khara is compatible with Kupra hands and feet, so that should alleviate some of the wardrobe woes for people in the beginning. At least, for shoes and rings and nails and things.

Also, I just saw that Gen X just released yet another chest add-on mod, so we can toss that into the new rig mix, too. Oof. I expect to see even more store body surveys in the coming weeks. 😂

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I'll demo it just for giggles, but my next body will be male. Speaking of booty, I've got my eye on that Anatomy body for sure. 👀

I just saw the announcement on Flickr that Khara is compatible with Kupra hands and feet, so that should alleviate some of the wardrobe woes for people in the beginning. At least, for shoes and rings and nails and things.

Also, I just saw that Gen X just released yet another chest add-on mod, so we can toss that into the new rig mix, too. Oof. I expect to see even more store body surveys in the coming weeks. 😂

Ya, I just got sent an Update from Gen X  V1.2

The next body I'll probably get is gonna be the NUX.. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, I just got sent an Update from Gen X  V1.2

The next body I'll probably get is gonna be the NUX.. lol

I wouldn't expect those for a long time. At the rate creators are making new bodies, we'll likely have 4 more new ones to choose from before those roll around. 🤣

I agree with you about Khara's butt btw. There's something weird going on there that I can't really figure out. Happens with the included skins and my own - both fantasy and human. Just looks like the skin shading/crease lands in the wrong place, or something. Or maybe I'm just tired. Whatever. I'm not in the market anyhow. 

5 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Gen X got another update?

Yup. Dainty chest add-on (included free for current body customers) and a LITE version - whatever that means. Also another sale.

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Clarifyin'
  • Like 4

I tried it, as a skinny person even with all the deformers I use for Lara to tame the butt, it still looks like a couple of basket balls. And there is a very strange indent at the bellybutton, like a crease across the tummy.

I do like the hints at having a rib cage, and have to wait to see about the sweet/flat boobs look like. But I don't think it's going to come close to the Lara for med and down sizes.

• Like 1

Aye - I do like that there's some definition on the chest that I'd struggle to replicate with either Legacy or Maitreya (I probably just don't know how). Otherwise I'm not sure I see a reason to switch, especially with the clothing struggle.

• Like 2

Well, @taisiyakarpenkolook great, but you do in all the shapes and bodies you wear.

The shoulders look very muscular? The deltoid, is that what it's called? Now I have a deformer to bring down the Maitreya shoulders just a little bit, and this body looks like it has very defined and high shoulders. It might be done on purpose, to have a more muscular body, without going over the top.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Hate the butt.  Even at zero, it has that weirdness going on.  I even tried some deformers and ick.  It's a hard no for me.

This is the demo with my current Reborn shape...

02fbb4f081be3ea53d4183ab99058217.thumb.png.132c07b83d70fdfa59bdc7fa4af2862d.png

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.