Bargains

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Anyone who knows me well, knows I am cheap/thrifty/economical/tighter than Dick's hatband.

I bargain hunt

I know that there are others  like me, but more importantly, I am always telling Newbies where to find nice clothes.

What would be your thoughts about talking about bargain shopping in this forum.  I looked at some of the sections that are supposedly for Newbies but I find them poorly viewed.

Thoughts?

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

if you mean to talk about what and where, i think threads will be closed fast, as promotion and advertising isn't allowed.

Sadly, this already happened when one poster took offense that she couldn't post about a merchant she blogged for.  There's a long running thread in the land section about bargain home furnishings so I don't see why bargains for other things shouldn't be allowed but yeah,...people.

There is a thread or two in the Fashion section you might look for.  I know I've posted a few bargains there, somewhere.

ETA...found it

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The mods are typically pretty good at distinguishing between folks just posting things they come across versus someone advertising their own stuff or their blog stuff.  

2 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I think it would be great and fail to see why there should be an objection to it for the simple fact that Tila/S/L makes money when we buy their money so it is to their advantage if we are out there buying more!

Jewel, I have no connection with any of the builders.  They are places I ran across while shopping.

Arielle. Exactly the reason I brought this up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doris Johnsky said:

Jewel, I have no connection with any of the builders.  They are places I ran across while shopping.

My comment was not really addressed specifically to you, but more about the comment regarding whether this type of thread would get closed due to anyone advertising.

11 hours ago, Doris Johnsky said:

Anyone who knows me well, knows I am cheap/thrifty/economical/tighter than Dick's hatband.

I bargain hunt

I know that there are others  like me, but more importantly, I am always telling Newbies where to find nice clothes.

What would be your thoughts about talking about bargain shopping in this forum.  I looked at some of the sections that are supposedly for Newbies but I find them poorly viewed.

Thoughts?

I for one would really enjoy a discussion about that, great idea Doris. We have the furnishings thread in the Linden homes section but that is not strictly about bargains, and of course, it is limited to furnishings. It would be nice to see people engage with this as they do with certain threads in the Your Avatar section of the forum, and maybe posting pictures of themselves wearing bargain clothes, or using cheap decorating items in their homes.

My go to bargain shopping assistant is the Seraphim web site

They have bargains almost daily   35L sat, 30L sun,  25L tues, 

That's just a few of many.  They also have events that feature a lot of new stuff, but since I'm thrifty (cheap) I don't buy any of those items.

Go to:        https://www.seraphimsl.com/category/recurring-events/weekend-sales/saturday-sale-the/ 

click recurring events- shop till you drop

I tell a LOT of people about Seraphim, who have no idea it exists.

I also have run across three really nice group gifts stores- all three are good quality clothes

Floyd- has a TON of group gifts- Join the group for free

Analogic-  also has about 10 free group gifts- there is a 200L fee to join but the item are worth the fee paid

Faida- I picked up like 15 items there- 189L fee to join, but the number of gifts is well worth the fee

Mixture of styles from casual to dressy to sexy

IM me in world and ill pass you the LMs

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.