The bot war is over and the bot farmers have won :-(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

You should also check out the Content Guidelines which are linked at the bottom of the ToS.  

My point was...there are things in the ToS that are, in my opinion, blatantly disregarded by residents AND LL employees.  We/They pick and choose what's allowed based on what impact it has on SL.  Sex sells!  Random bit of useless info posted on an obscure website doesn't.  Which would you get rid of?

Like disclaimers in profiles did with the whole thinking they have the right to share chat logs? hehehe

I have a disclaimer in my profile..

If you go to my profile in my pics you'll see this..

My Disclaimer lol

Is the bestest Disclaimer Ever! \o/

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Yeah yeah... You suggested LL should do the false accusations based on "being a shopper who visits more than 8 regions an hour and often lands at the FIXED landing point in the middle of the region set by the region owner"

Um, what?

This bears not even a vague resemblance to anything I've said here.

I've laid out pretty clearly what I would like to see happen, and it does not, oddly enough, involve LL mass banning people who attend shopping events.

I think this exchange has reached the point of futility . . . and probably beyond, so I'm going to step away.

Have a lovely one, Zalificent, and may your CAPS key come unstuck soon.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

You should also check out the Content Guidelines which are linked at the bottom of the ToS.  

My point was...there are things in the ToS that are, in my opinion, blatantly disregarded by residents AND LL employees.  We/They pick and choose what's allowed based on what impact it has on SL.  Sex sells! 

You posted only part of the term not the whole thing.  

Just now, EliseAnne85 said:

You posted only part of the term not the whole thing.  

I posted the part I was talking about from the ToS.  It's linked right at the bottom.of this page so anyone can read it.  The content guidelines also address sexually explicit content being disallowed.  It's all over the place that it's not allowed yet it all.over the place in SL.  

So...we can have sexual content although technically not allowed ( but brings in people AND money) but not bots that basically scrap public info (they don't bring in people or money).

See where I'm going with this?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:
3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

that is sexually explicit, or intensely violent.

I guess "both" is ok!

{
    state_entry()
    {
        integer Okay = 0;
        integer SexuallyExplicit = 1;
        integer IntenselyViolent = 2;
        integer BehaviorInQuestion = SexuallyExplicit + IntenselyViolent;

if( ( (BehaviorInQuestion & SexuallyExplicit) | (BehaviorInQuestion & IntenselyViolent) ) != Okay){
            llOwnerSay("Love doesn't understand basic logic.");
        }
    }
}

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

{
    state_entry()
    {
        integer Okay = 0;

if( ( (BehaviorInQuestion & SexuallyExplicit) | (BehaviorInQuestion & IntenselyViolent) ) != Okay){
        }
    }
}

You bitwise devil, you!!

You could have reduced this down to this, because all of your bit values were NOT ok:

{
    state_entry()
    {
        integer Okay = 0;

if( BehaviorInQuestion != Okay){
            llOwnerSay("Love spends too much time refactoring code.");
        }
    }
}

Edited by Love Zhaoying

18 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I posted the part I was talking about from the ToS.  It's linked right at the bottom.of this page so anyone can read it.  The content guidelines also address sexually explicit content being disallowed.  It's all over the place that it's not allowed yet it all.over the place in SL.  

So...we can have sexual content although technically not allowed ( but brings in people AND money) but not bots that basically scrap public info (they don't bring in people or money).

See where I'm going with this?

There seem to be two different TOS.  They should fix that as it's confusing ah!

(iv) Post, display or transmit any Content that is explicitly sexual, intensely violent or otherwise designated as Adult under our Maturity ratings, except as set forth in those ratings.

https://www.lindenlab.com/legal/second-life-terms-and-conditions

57 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

My point was...there are things in the ToS that are, in my opinion, blatantly disregarded by residents AND LL employees.  We/They pick and choose what's allowed based on what impact it has on SL.  Sex sells!  Random bit of useless info posted on an obscure website doesn't.  Which would you get rid of?

I meant, EA85's version is different. 🙂

I guess I would "get rid of" this part, pertaining to our ongoing discussion:

1.3 Your User Content is not confidential; You represent that your Content is original to you (and/or your minor child).

3 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

There seem to be two different TOS.  They should fix that as it's confusing ah!

(iv) Post, display or transmit any Content that is explicitly sexual, intensely violent or otherwise designated as Adult under our Maturity ratings, except as set forth in those ratings.

https://www.lindenlab.com/legal/second-life-terms-and-conditions

You are quoting Terms and Conditions.  I was quoting the Terms of Service (ToS) which is what Count was quoting in his post.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

You are quoting Terms and Conditions.  I was quoting the Terms of Service (ToS) which is what Count was quoting in his post.

How confusing. From the bottom of the page:

image.png.9d5149c217400e1589b4e4bb7b5e2fe9.png

How am I supposed to be "Unconditional Love" with all these Conditions?

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

While they are basically legally the same dang thing, we agree to the ToS when logging in for the first time.  They really ought to just combine the 2 and take out the clauses that they obviously don't actually enforce...at all...ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I never noticed that but it is confusing ah.  I think one is supposed to be for the forum.  I've always searched for Second Life TOS and pulled up a different link I pasted above.  I dunno why.  Different smokes for different folks, I guess.  lol

From the Terms and Conditions intro...

In the event of a conflict amongst the Agreements, the Terms of Service shall control except as expressly provided otherwise. All capitalized terms have the meanings set forth in the Terms of Service, unless otherwise stated.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You bitwise devil, you!!

You could have reduced this down to this, because all of your bit values were NOT ok:

{
    state_entry()
    {
        integer Okay = 0;

if( BehaviorInQuestion != Okay){
            llOwnerSay("Love spends too much time refactoring code.");
        }
    }
}

My code was correct. Your code will reject values of BehaviorInQuestion that are not prohibited. You once expressed relief that you never had to write code for medical instrumentation. I share that relief.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

I never noticed that but it is confusing ah.  I think one is supposed to be for the forum.  I've always searched for Second Life TOS and pulled up a different link I pasted above.  I dunno why.  Different smokes for different folks, I guess.  lol

The reason they have one for second life and one for Linden lab is because they did other platforms as well..

Each one is different and you can do different things in each one.. Then you have the main TOS that they are all linked to..

Like Sansar having it's own, but had specific things related only to that.. Like the linden lab one being the federal constitution and all the platforms being the states with their own constitutions as well..

There was a period where they had a few platforms..I'm not sure if they have any others nowadays anymore..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
Added federal infront of constitution.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

except as expressly provided otherwise

I would take the above to mean inworld because the terms and conditions is the one that outlines the maturity settings and what is allowed there - inworld.  But, on the forums, we should follow the TOS because we don't want to post explicit sexuality on this forum, right?  

Edited by EliseAnne85

6 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

My code was correct. Your code will reject values of BehaviorInQuestion that are not prohibited. You once expressed relief that you never had to write code for medical instrumentation. I share that relief.

..but all the non-zero values you gave were prohibited! I will pretend you're right. Thanks for addressing me directly, it's an honor!

4 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

I would take the above to mean inworld because the terms and conditions is the one that outlines the maturity settings and what is allowed there - inworld.  But, on the forums, we should follow the TOS because we don't want to post explicit sexuality on this forum, right?  

Both ToS and Terms of Service apply to all aspects of SL including the forums.  Until recently, nudity was forbidden on the forums even in the adult section.  What that means is...it is expressly allowed now in the forums so it overrides the ToS.

Which all goes back to my original statement.  Since there seems to be clauses in the ToS that are disregarded by LL and residents (because let's face it, without the sexual content, SL may have died years ago), they might as well remove them.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

..but all the non-zero values you gave were prohibited! I will pretend you're right. Thanks for addressing me directly, it's an honor!

There were two prohibitions listed. My code addressed them, and only them. Your code prohibits ANY behavior. That's a pretty egregious error, don't you think?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

{
    state_entry()
    {
        integer Okay = 0;

}
    }
}

Don't be quoting me.then tossing out stuff like that.  Is that some secret.code?  😂

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.