TOS... for Griefing...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I remember the AFK sex rooms when I first started SL. And how much fun they were. NOT. That was back before camping to game traffic was outlawed in SL. You could park a female Avatar in one and make a couple of Linden Dollars an hour. I don't think I ever saw a male Avatar parked for a lady's pleasure. All I could think at the time was how boring. I could get more response out of a blow up doll.

And while I would never compare anything in SL to the heinous crime of rape in RL there still is the psychological aspect of it in SL.  And it seems to me that it is usually men who down play it, especially in RL. Not always but usually. So personally I won't discount any ones reaction to this.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2023 at 7:58 PM, Perrie Juran said:

All I could think at the time was how boring. I could get more response out of a blow up doll.

Not exactly my thing either, but I think that, for some (maybe just a few) this is an actual kink. Being "used" when not present, or, from the other side, "using" someone who is not present, able to consent, etc. (Even though they have, of course, presumably consented by parking there.

On 3/20/2023 at 7:58 PM, Perrie Juran said:

I don't think I ever saw a male Avatar parked for a lady's pleasure.

Interesting point. I'm not suggesting they don't exist, but I've never heard of or seen one either.

It would be interesting to speculate why. (But I will resist.)

On 3/15/2023 at 11:34 PM, Sandra8675 said:

I came across a poor excuse for a human other day in Second Life...  A griefer...  He gets pleasure out of causing physical distress to females when they are afk.

I know TOS is attempting to provide privacy for residents.  I already filled out a report for this griefer.

Question:

I have read over the TOS several times. 

Does anyone know for sure beyond any doubt if I have the right to make a utube video using this persons profile name explaining what they did?

It really would be, in my opinion, not worth your time to make such a Youtube video. No doubt the griefer would actually gain a lot of satisfaction out of your upset.

While a female avatar is AFK though what physical distress can he be causing? I once decorated an AFK Linden person with flowers and set him on fire on another occasion, both without permission. Sounds awful now, but context is everything. 

If you feel it is abuse, then filling out an abuse report in world with the screenshot option ticked is your best form of action.

On 3/15/2023 at 6:34 PM, Sandra8675 said:

I came across a poor excuse for a human other day in Second Life...  A griefer...  He gets pleasure out of causing physical distress to females when they are afk.

I know TOS is attempting to provide privacy for residents.  I already filled out a report for this griefer.

Question:

I have read over the TOS several times. 

Does anyone know for sure beyond any doubt if I have the right to make a utube video using this persons profile name explaining what they did?

IF a person is causing issues that violate TOS and is harassment, report them, and others can report them. Block them, de-render them.

Not certain why you would waste putting energy into irrelevant people. Un-attach from it, move forward and enjoy things. When people obviously do things to stir issues, try to grab attention, take control silently and let it go. Not worth dealing with.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.