List of vacant Linden Homes

Amberskiss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you are a Premium Plus member, then finding a vacant home can help you.  If you are a regular Premium member, then you simply take the luck of the draw on the land page, as Kaylee said.

On the land page, there's a possibility of 3 types of stilts.  Both "Stilt on Water" and "Stilt on Pier" always sit on the water.  Some "Stilt on Land" homes have decks that also extend over the water.  If you don't see the type of Stilt you want on the land page, it means that none of that type are available at the moment.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Amberskiss said:

How do you locate vacant Linden Homes? Im interested in a Stilt Home that sit on the water. Thank you. I tried physically searching around the sim and thats not working at all. Thank you.

Those homes are in high demand and thus very seldom do they show up as Available on the Get Your Home page.  All you can do is keep trying, as suggested by Kaylee.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kaylee Romano said:

Go into Second life.com website, log in, then click “get your home now” on the right on the page. From there you should be able to choose your linden home. 

Thank you ALLL SO VERY much for responding. I tell you SL has some of the MOST amazing people ♥ I just upgraded to a regular premium member today. I  chose a Stilt Home from "Get your home now"  and it was completely on land. These responses help out a lot! ♥ Now I have an understanding! I hope you ALL have a wonderful week!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Amberskiss said:

Thank you ALLL SO VERY much for responding. I tell you SL has some of the MOST amazing people ♥ I just upgraded to a regular premium member today. I  chose a Stilt Home from "Get your home now"  and it was completely on land. These responses help out a lot! ♥ Now I have an understanding! I hope you ALL have a wonderful week!

You still have four more tries for the day. Linden Labs gives you five tries in a twenty four hour period. I suggest you wait about fifteen minutes between tries, that way you may not get the same house you just let go. Don't give up hope, it took me two weeks to land my Vic and it was well worth the wait. 

I also suggest that you pay attention to the times that you "threw" for your home. That way you know when you can try again. 

Good luck!!

• Like 1

Few bits of game of homes advice.

1. to get a stilt that is guaranteed to have rezzable water, pick stilt on pier or stilt on water. You have to be very lucky to get a stilt on land that has water.

2. The 5 picks work like this… each pick has a 24 hour timer. So when you use a pick, it is 24 hours before you can use it  again. Each pick is independent of the others. If you use all your picks between 11 pm and midnight, you do not get them all restored at midnight when the day changes. Rather, each pick is restored 24 hours after it was used.

3. bonniebots linden homes maps are not updated in real time so you may see a house showing available when it is not

4. for popular homes, pay attention to when new regions are released as that is your best chance of landing a choice Home. It is worthwhile practicing selecting/abandoning homes so that you don’t waste time when new regions are released

• Like 2

While it is more difficult to get a "Stilt on Land" that is touching the water, if you try for a while, you.can get one! People are moving in and moving out all the time. And stilts are on (and in the case of stilts on water, around)  islands of varying sizes. Some islands are small enough that most of their parcels touch either open water or a pond of some kind.  Other islands have homes three rows in. On some of those larger islands, the land-bound home parcels are actually pretty nice, private and sometimes elevated a bit.

This small island has only a few stilts on land and their parcels all touch open water.

image.png.9dfc23da33cf4222cc5b16ff5f22c5f2.png

Below is a medium size island that still contains mostly parcels that touch the water.

image.png.e6ab9b5e8b0bb49f4cc8314ddb644975.png

• Like 1

I'm one of those who prefer my stilt home to be touching both sand and water.  While both Stilt on Water and Stilt on Land have parcels that let you have it all, you likely will have to search a bit to get one.  I limit my searching to the Stilt on Land theme, as the Stilt on Water homes that touch sand are oriented so the front door of the home is on the water side.

Some simply get a Stilt on Water and add their own sand, but I have seen very few examples where this actually looks nice, and even fewer that make any effort to accomplish it in a realistic manner (the sand is always magically floating in the water instead of rising up from the sea floor).  Yes, I'm extremely picky.    

Edited by Matthieu Quander
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.