Dog avatar

artifactsofmars Omegaman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I am looking for a medium sized dog avatar, with teeth. I have already gone through Marketplace. There were anthros galore. I want the 4 legged variety, maybe the size of a collie. That's just a suggestion. People posted ads for dog avatars that had obscure terms in them, and talked about dog parts. The instant I see that, I hit the back button. I want a complete dog avatar with a hud and no nonsense. I don't care about the breed, as long as it looks good. You can drop me an LM inworld. I am going to cap this at $L1000. Remember, I want a complete, fully functional avatar with a hud that I can just drag and drop to change my avatar. It must at least be Copy.  If I see a kit or an anthro, I will immediately hit the back arrow. 

Try Timber Wilds Industries. Their wolf avatar is modifiable to look like several dog breeds and their small wolf would be close to collie size. I have it for my wolf-dog alt.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/TWI-Timber-Wolf-Avatar/5527314 

Go to their inworld store to see models & available mods.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Try Timber Wilds Industries. Their wolf avatar is modifiable to look like several dog breeds and their small wolf would be close to collie size. I have it for my wolf-dog alt.

I didn't know what "TWI" stood for, but TWI is very popular.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Yes I did. I just stated what I found. It was mostly anthros and kits. 

5 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Thank you, but that is way out of my listed price range. 

1 hour ago, artifactsofmars Omegaman said:

Yes I did. I just stated what I found. It was mostly anthros and kits. 

The very first item is a Great Dane avatar for 1200L.  Just a bit over your price.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/The-Greatest-Dane/13277936

Also a pug for 1100L...

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Pug-Avatar-Black/621809

• Like 1

What's a "kit"? Most good animal avatars (TWI, etc) are set up that you need to wear the body, the head, the set of ears you want, the tail you like, and also wear a set of legs. My cat for example has maybe 6+ ear shapes I can choose to wear depending on shape, since the ears of a Siamese are different that an Abby or typical tabby.

I'm assuming by complete the OP basically means a single "dog" where you don't have to fiddle with this stuff, so in terms of quality, except for TGD that @Rowan Amore mentioned, not sure there are any really decent looking ones. TWI + breed specific shapes/skins are the route to go for a good canine avatar, and their HUDs are amazing.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, artifactsofmars Omegaman said:

Thank you, but that is way out of my listed price range. 

For an inexpensive animal avatar, one option is to buy a companion pet. Take off all your attachments, make your avatar invisible, attach the companion pet, and adjust its position to the middle of your body. Jian usually has weekend sales from $ L 50 to $ L 100  on various animals. No Copy gatcha pets are available on Marketplace from $ L 50 and up. Rezz Room makes gorgeous pets too, but they're more expensive than Jian. A pet that is meant to walk, run and fly next to you will have some animations, but they'll be randomized rather than moving exactly how you might want to move.

I doubt there are good feral avatars available for $ L 1000 or less. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

For an inexpensive animal avatar, one option is to buy a companion pet. Take off all your attachments, make your avatar invisible, attach the companion pet, and adjust its position to the middle of your body. Jian usually has weekend sales from $ L 50 to $ L 100  on various animals. No Copy gatcha pets are available on Marketplace from $ L 50 and up. Rezz Room makes gorgeous pets too, but they're more expensive than Jian. A pet that is meant to walk, run and fly next to you will have some animations, but they'll be randomized rather than moving exactly how you might want to move.

I doubt there are good feral avatars available for $ L 1000 or less. 

Older, non-mesh and/or less realistic avatars are probably out there..I would be surprised if some of my old ferals are more than L$1000 by now!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Older, non-mesh and/or less realistic avatars are probably out there..I would be surprised if some of my old ferals are more than L$1000 by now!

This one is pretty adorable and is made by HPMD.  It's older than dirt but less than 1000L...

Second Life Marketplace - (old product) HPMD* Tiny Doggy - Beagle Choco - ver1.1

Just an FYI...every link I've posted is from the first link to the MP using Complete Animal Avatars...just sayin'.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/27/2023 at 4:51 AM, Rowan Amore said:

This one is pretty adorable and is made by HPMD.  It's older than dirt but less than 1000L...

Second Life Marketplace - (old product) HPMD* Tiny Doggy - Beagle Choco - ver1.1

Just an FYI...every link I've posted is from the first link to the MP using Complete Animal Avatars...just sayin'.

I see that beagle used a fair bit still and it looks very good in world. Makes me want to use it on an alt.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 8:49 AM, Rowan Amore said:

The very first item is a Great Dane avatar for 1200L.  Just a bit over your price.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/The-Greatest-Dane/13277936

Also a pug for 1100L...

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Pug-Avatar-Black/621809

Just FYI the Great Dane is one of the world's largest dog breeds, and the pug is a small one. I am looking for something in between.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, artifactsofmars Omegaman said:

Just FYI the Great Dane is one of the world's largest dog breeds, and the pug is a small one. I am looking for something in between.

I guess you missed my point.  If you had followed the first link for Complete Animal Avatars, you wouldn't have found mostly an anthros and kits as you claimed.   

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.