Marketplace issues (Feb 14 around 2pm SL time)

Andred Darwin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

All I can say is roll this back. When new code is rolled out to the grid and encounters issues, it is rolled back right away. This new marketplace code is more than seriously flawed, it is a detriment to every resident who shops or sells on the Marketplace.  I've been in business since 2008 and yesterday was the single worst day since I started. I can't imagine that I'm alone.

• Like 2

I see that the JIRA that Andred and Arwen reference has now been closed as a duplicate, and yet there is no reference to what it is a duplicate OF!  Also Spidey Linden's comment that it is a "known issue" and they are "working on it" is less than reassuring. Especially since there is no ETA for a fix.

SHAMBLES

I repeat that the only "workaround" that I know that seems to work is to keep your search terms simple and to surround them with quotation marks, ie "Blue Shirt".

Edited by Aishagain
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aishagain said:

I see that the JIRA that Andred and Arwen reference has now been closed as a duplicate, and yet there is no reference to what it is a duplicate OF!  Also Spidey Linden's comment that it is a "known issue" and they are "working on it" is less than reassuring. Especially since there is no ETA for a fix.

SHAMBLES

Spidey marked it as duplicate of WENG-9476, which is probably an internal ticket number.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I try to do only thing a user can do, open a support ticket, open a JIRA... support ticket recommended to open a JIRA to see "public" responses, JIRA closes tickets as duplicate, referring to a ticket we don't have access to see, at the very least is now posted in the status page. Unfortunately, I think its just another example where they are doing exactly as they "promised",  the "best they can do" ( ie.: capable of ) . Well... hang in there... let's hope for the best! lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

You can see it in the activity feed, either in the History/Activity tabs, or All.

Yes, and thanks to you I now know where to look.  My question would then be "How many others would know that?"

Is that what is called "hidden in plain sight"?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tenacious Puddles said:

If we want them to fix it, make sure to submit an issue ticket

Puddles, Andred and Arwen DID and LL closed it as a "known issue".  There are over two dozen of us "watching" it!

LL broke it, they own it and only they can "fix" it, if they so choose.

Edited by Aishagain
  • Like 1

Just got word from Dakota Linden that the issue has been resolved. Went over to my store and it is indeed back to normal, thank goodness! I used search for some simple inquiries and it appears to be working normally as well. I didn't check extensively, so others may have news/their experiences to report.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Search, relevance, everything is upside down. And not even to mention this, the comma-separated words that the seller writes to search for a product apparently won't work either?
And what about newcomers - they seem to SL complex at first, and now they will have to undergo separate training how to search for goods on MP? This is not an update, it's a disappointment.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dita Demonista said:

Anyone knows what " Fuzzy matching" means? 🥺

Fuzzy matching allows you to identify non-exact matches of your target item. It is the foundation stone of many search engine frameworks

Yes, here we go again... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0NDqWT3zZs (big thanks to Pantera for posting those... its nice for the ones that would like to see but don't have time to go...)

The interesting thing is that they really believe it's fixed, seems like a total disconnect or maybe they are using a website we don't have access to... or the unthinkable, they really don't have a clue, cause even with this release being better than the last one ( it's somewhat better than the last one...), it's still well below what could be called common sense for search relevance, can it be called "improvement"? . (Here is a hint, from a user standpoint, v2.3 did much a better job than the so called new version implementation... where is the "improvement" from a user standpoint if you compare same search results from the old version with current version?)

Next meeting is on April 5th 2pm... (Jira's and support tickets clearly doesn't help for this specific case....)

Edited by Andred Darwin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.