A feature request we can all agree on !!

Coffee Pancake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know what for actually XD MP is always fast for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or its 1GB downstream we have 🤔 and this "Jira" is really...well it's none and probably will be closed the way it is. 

It's like posting a jira (funny fact my autocorrect was trying to make Jiro out of Jira...my husband's RL name lol)with links to cat gifs x3

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

hold creators accountable for unoptimized content

Not sure what you mean by this?  But, you can look over content before you buy.  You have to turn on the Developer menu first though.  People can find the Developer menu by clicking Advanced (in Preferences)> Developer Menu > Render Metadata, and then choose Texture Size or Triangle Count for a couple of examples by clicking on those in the Render Metadata menu.   You can read the texture size and see the triangle count before you buy anything inworld or from a demo on MP.

Edited by EliseAnne85
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

hold creators accountable for unoptimized content. And on holding people accountable, hold the tpv creators accountable for optimizing their viewers. 

Ms. Creator is working on her computer at her desk. Suddenly, someone begins to pound on the door.

"Content Police! Open up, we know you're in there!"

Ms. Creator's eyes widen in alarm and she starts to rise from her chair when the door is broken down and several large, armed men in black suits and sunglasses rush in.

"EEEEEK!"

"FREEZE, Creator! You're under arrest for fifteen counts of Unoptimized Content!"

"It was an honest mistake! I didn't know those textures were 1024!"

"That's what they all say. You're goin' DOWN, sister."

"Can I at least phone my husband?"

"Mr. Developer? We arrested him two hours ago."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

How about the grid optimized mp optimized,

It's fine, it just needs more beans.

hold creators accountable for unoptimized content.And on holding people accountable

Well that escalated .. 

,hold the tpv creators accountable for optimizing their viewers. 

If you're offering spankings or paying us fat stacks .. maybe we can be motivated.

Threats not so much ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

I don't know what for actually XD MP is always fast for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or its 1GB downstream we have 🤔 and this "Jira" is really...well it's none and probably will be closed the way it is. 

It's like posting a jira (funny fact my autocorrect was trying to make Jiro out of Jira...my husband's RL name lol)with links to cat gifs x3

Same here.

Maybe fix the MP search, not sure how more beans helps that.

• Like 1

One thing I would like for the MP is a date the item was published. Not that a new item is always going to be better than an old one, but you might think twice about something uploaded to MP ten years ago versus one from this year. You can only infer indirectly at present ("is it mesh or not?", "which years are the reviews from?", "when was the creator born in SL?" and various other imperfect proxies). Scripted items don't always work so well when they're very old as they're not optimised for now, so that's another reason to want to know how old an object is. Sure, if they have a demo or a store, you can perhaps inspect that, but why not make it very simple?

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Leo Mission said:

One thing I would like for the MP is a date the item was published. Not that a new item is always going to be better than an old one, but you might think twice about something uploaded to MP ten years ago versus one from this year. You can only infer indirectly at present ("is it mesh or not?", "which years are the reviews from?", "when was the creator born in SL?" and various other imperfect proxies). Scripted items don't always work so well when they're very old as they're not optimised for now, so that's another reason to want to know how old an object is. Sure, if they have a demo or a store, you can perhaps inspect that, but why not make it very simple?

That may or may not work because I could reload some of my old sculptie stuff from seven years ago and the date would read 2/14/2023.  Also, with sculpties, some people are getting that retro feeling about them and some want them now.  Man, I made a lot of money selling sculpties.  So, me wonders if I should reopen some of those...?  

Edited by EliseAnne85

I ran lighthouse, a website performance tool in Chrome, on marketplace a while ago and the results were quite terrible. I posted about it here. I ran it again and it's not amazing but it's not too bad either. I think they are making some big improvements, just not mentioning them because "we reduced content shift by 200ms and time to first render by 300ms" isn't exciting to talk about.

That said if you try to visit marketplace when not logged in you get redirected with 302 redirects like 3 times before the page displays so it takes a while to display, but it skips it if you're logged in. They are trying, pretty sure they're aware.

I haven't used the official viewer in a while, but marketplace search results doesn't have a tab when you use search in Firestorm in the search toolbar, and it should. You should be able to search everything from the viewer search results, including marketplace listings. I think SLMP runs pretty well right now, there's room for improvement but I think it's hosted on AWS, I don't think the actual hardware/cloud has anything to do with it.

31 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

That may or may not work because I could reload some of my old sculptie stuff from seven years ago and the date would read 2/14/2023.  Also, with sculpties, some people are getting that retro feeling about them and some want them now.  Man, I made a lot of money selling sculpties.  So, me wonders if I should reopen some of those...?  

Oh totally, you could "game" the system, like with anything else. However, I'm willing to think that most people who made content years ago who haven't bothered to keep up their skills won't do this. Probably the listings on MP are mostly "ghost" items put up there and forgotten about or at least still useful for the odd L$ that still trickles in now and again. However, from the consumer end, the more "innocently old" items would still be useful to tell from genuine new material. It would be a better situation than what is currently the case, even allowing for the work-around you mentioned.

9 minutes ago, Leo Mission said:

Oh totally, you could "game" the system, like with anything else. However, I'm willing to think that most people who made content years ago who haven't bothered to keep up their skills won't do this. Probably the listings on MP are mostly "ghost" items put up there and forgotten about or at least still useful for the odd L$ that still trickles in now and again. However, from the consumer end, the more "innocently old" items would still be useful to tell from genuine new material. It would be a better situation than what is currently the case, even allowing for the work-around you mentioned.

Nah, I can't really see myself reopening old sculpties.  I personally prefer to close old stuff but even when mesh was a hot item, my scultpies still sold a lot!  I closed them all maybe about three years ago.   I hope a "nostalgia craze" for sculpties does not happen.  Perhaps categories such as sculpty, mesh, PBR could be a good idea.  

4 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I don't want to disgree with this because its a good idea but the marketplace has always run really well for me. I'm surprised to hear it doesn't for others. 

It's not snappy on a good day, but then at peak times it has some real slow periods where the whole thing is like wading though mud .. and I'm not talking about purchase delivery time, just the time to get from page to page or search.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

It's not snappy on a good day, but then at peak times it has some real slow periods where the whole thing is like wading though mud .. and I'm not talking about purchase delivery time, just the time to get from page to page or search.

So, could be a simple resource or scalability issue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leo Mission said:

I'd rather see the creator's last login. Old is fine if it's still supported.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.