Chinese New Year on SL!

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 76 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thread for any Chinese New Year-related events or parties on SL! 🎇 I’ve never seen this holiday inworld…I bet somebody somewhere is doing a great event with lanterns, fireworks and dragons 🐲

Starting on Sunday, it’s the year of the Rabbit! We are in the last few days of the year of the Tiger – it's been a time of fighting, tension and war 🥺 But the year of the Rabbit means recovery and calm, and also financial prosperity 🤑 

List events here that we can come along to!

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I'm year of the Tiger!

I remember a few years back telling my Father he was year of the dragon and he was like ,you're damn right I am.. I said his wife/my old mother was the year of the Rat and he said, They hit that one on the head too..

hehehe

I'm gonna look around, that would be something fun to see in SL I think..  There has to be something somewhere..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Oh I would love to see a dragon dance in RL.  I wonder if there might be one at the festivities you posted.

I was awoken at dawn by lion dancing across the street from my flat 😵 During covid they weren't allowed but now they are back in force!

I'm sure there are some in SL, I've seen before in previous years. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Akane Nacht said:

I was awoken at dawn by lion dancing across the street from my flat 😵 During covid they weren't allowed but now they are back in force!

I bet that was beautiful in the early morning light! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

Cloud Edge sim is celebrating the chinsese new year, it looks so beautiful with thousands of lanterns across the starry sky :

Cloud Edge x FOXCITY Happy Chinese New Year!

Count the lanterns

My quick snapshot from my visit:

Snapshot_7451.thumb.png.1023fbaa0e2f4cf728100f58cf8f44b9.png

maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Echo%20Mountain/20/46/93

That looks amazing! 😍 Maybe a candidate for LL pic of the day? 🏮🐇

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Akane Nacht said:

Finding a dance partner can be hard.

96AC3788-567E-498D-A6F0-7343838E4DD0.jpeg

• Haha 2

• 1 year later...
On 1/20/2023 at 1:23 AM, Rat Luv said:

Thread for any Chinese New Year-related events or parties on SL! 🎇 I’ve never seen this holiday inworld…I bet somebody somewhere is doing a great event with lanterns, fireworks and dragons 🐲

Starting on Sunday, it’s the year of the Rabbit! We are in the last few days of the year of the Tiger – it's been a time of fighting, tension and war 🥺 But the year of the Rabbit means recovery and calm, and also financial prosperity 🤑 

:$

Well, maybe not...:/

But it's nearly the Year of the Dragon! 🐲 We can be sure...things will happen! 🎆

I still really want to see a dragon dance on SL...surely someone must know of a sim that'll host one...? ;) 

Or just a thread to list any related events :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 76 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.