Keeping my face

saemantha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone, hope you are all well.

Have finally decided to go for a mesh head but I would like to keep my face as I like it as it is. 

I have the latest Maitreya Lara body but still have the original system head and I am assuming the skin also so my question is:

Is there any way to get the mesh head but still keep my original facial features? 

Thanks in advance - Sam

21 minutes ago, saemantha said:

Have finally decided to go for a mesh head but I would like to keep my face as I like it as it is. 

I have the latest Maitreya Lara body but still have the original system head and I am assuming the skin also so my question is:

Is there any way to get the mesh head but still keep my original facial features? 

Thanks in advance - Sam

You are going to have to edit the shape for the new head to get something close to what you like, no way around that .

• Like 1

Most people can get pretty close to their original non mesh look. Lelutka is giving out free heads, are you aware of that? I believe today is the last day to get them. Several brands are giving out free skins too. I can help you inworld, if you'd like.

All the free stuff with map links: https://lelutkasl.com/holiday-special/

Edited by FelicityPage

WOW ! Ok and thanks to all who answered.  Will take a peek at the free heads for sure and may well take Felicity up on her offer to help and yes I will be able to post a pic of my face, its one of the standard starter ones when you register but I have done some tweaks and I like it as it is:) 

@ Modulated.  I had a feeling this would involve a fair amount of editing so I'm not shocked there.

Thanks to all for the help

1 minute ago, saemantha said:

WOW ! Ok and thanks to all who answered.  Will take a peek at the free heads for sure and may well take Felicity up on her offer to help and yes I will be able to post a pic of my face, its one of the standard starter ones when you register but I have done some tweaks and I like it as it is:) 

@ Modulated.  I had a feeling this would involve a fair amount of editing so I'm not shocked there.

Even if you don't like a free skin in the ad, get it anyways. So many times I have put skins on that I was not sure of , then when I put it on was gladly surprised.

I will be online, feel free to IM me if you need help. I may be afk here and there but will reply.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, saemantha said:

I made a notecard that has all the landmarks to all the locations  that will make it faster for you if you feel like gathering all the things from the other stores as well..

I put a notice in my group so that anyone can grab it..I left  joining the group open to anyone, so that people can just grab the note card and then quit my group.. There is no group fee, just the only wy i could think to be able to hand it out to anyone that wanted it..  The name of the group is  ::DarkNest::

I'll probably close the group back off after the event is over..

It's so much faster and easier just clicking the landmark on the note card, than it is going to the online map and then getting the teleport location from there..

Just thought I would mention this again to anyone wanting it.. it's the last day for the event..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, saemantha said:

Thanks Ceka, that is very helpful 😊

Hi Felicity -  have attached a face shot for you the best I can and its from a few minutes back so up to date.  

Thanks

Sam

FACE SHOT_001.png

You'll get a shape that comes with the head that can make it easier on shaping things..  If you are happy with your body shape.. you can just wear the shape that comes with the head  and  go into appearance and grab the slider numbers  from, Head, Eyes, Ears, Nose, Mouth, and Chin.. Put those Slider numbers from all those tabs on a note card.. Then put your old shape back on and then transfer those numbers to your current shape..  When you save your shape , always save from the bottom of the sliders using SAVE AS, and it will save your current shape before you edited it, so it's like a save spot for your older shape..

Now you will be wearing the new shape with your old body numbers and new head numbers.. Now it's a matter of tuning the head where you want it to be.

Edited by Ceka Cianci

You can use that skin with a free Lelutka mesh head, just have to make sure the head is set to BOM (bakes on mesh) and the head has to be in Evo mode, NOT Evox. You'll have to do some slider work on the head of course though. However, that skin is not up to date but you may be able to use some fixes from Izzie's ( a brand) OR you can just find a new skin and work it all so that it looks similar.

Izzie's on Flickr, she makes all kinds of fixes and stuff https://api.flickr.com/photos/izziebutton/

Youtube video to help you set up your mesh head:

Edited by FelicityPage

There is a fatpack of skins where you pick up the lelutka head, plus there is a lot of skins in those 54 stores.. When you are in their groups , open the area search after you get their christmas gift and do a search for gift,  then anything that is  showing  up as a gift other than the christmas gift.. double click that line in the search results and it will put a red  arrow on your map where they are at..

I got so much stuff just from doing that, that I had to have a folder made just for all that stuff to make sorting it so much easier after running all those stores..

I wouldn't even know where to start with a dollar value on all the really good stuff in the group gifts that I got.. hehehe 

2 hours ago, saemantha said:

I am one that wanted to keep the look of my Classic head and yet go with a mesh head. It is complicated. The viewer camera and our memory, or at least mine, are the main complications of the process.

For  the camera learn to use the Ctrl-8, 9, & 0 keys... zoom out, reset, and zoom in. Pressing Ctrl-0 four or five times eliminates most of the camera distortion seen in a close up look.

With the camera zoomed take a picture. Save or upload it to SL. Put it on a cube. Attach the cube to your shoulder or neck and position it near your face. Size the cube so the picture face and avatar face are near the same size. Now you can make detailed comparisons between the old and new looks. I did this because I miss too many minor details when I try to look at one, put the other head on and look at it. I think a majority of humans need a SIDE-BY-SIDE comparison not sequential comparisons.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I am one that wanted to keep the look of my Classic head and yet go with a mesh head. It is complicated. The viewer camera and our memory, or at least mine, are the main complications of the process.

For  the camera learn to use the Ctrl-8, 9, & 0 keys... zoom out, reset, and zoom in. Pressing Ctrl-0 four or five times eliminates most of the camera distortion seen in a close up look.

With the camera zoomed take a picture. Save or upload it to SL. Put it on a cube. Attach the cube to your shoulder or neck and position it near your face. Size the cube so the picture face and avatar face are near the same size. Now you can make detailed comparisons between the old and new looks. I did this because I miss too many minor details when I try to look at one, put the other head on and look at it. I think a majority of humans need a SIDE-BY-SIDE comparison not sequential comparisons.

I've done something similar with an alt, just for fun mostly to see if there was any difference if I gave my alt a shape..

I set up two pose stands, put my alt in the same shape as I was wearing and a slightly different toned skin.. set the pose stands to where they were lined up side by side.. then put the alt on one stand and me on the other and slid my alt avatar inside my  avatar.. I had a picture of it somewhere but can't find it.. maybe it's in my forum images,I'll have to see if I can find it..

I'm wondering how that would work for shaping to a look someone would want to get close to or get almost right on.. I've never tried that..  they were so close that it  just looked like the skin was messed up but the shapes were right on the money..

On 12/30/2022 at 10:58 AM, saemantha said:

Thanks in advance - Sam

Something I found helpful when trying to make my mesh face match my system face was to rez two identical pose stands, put an alt wearing my shape on one, get on the other myself wearing my new mesh head, and place both pose stands at exactly the same coordinates, after which I tweaked shape sliders for many hours.

On 12/30/2022 at 1:58 PM, saemantha said:

Thanks in advance - Sam

In addition to the great information already provided, you can check if the store of the skin you are wearing is still active and has the same skin tone added to their current lines. If so, you can pick up the demo and try with the mesh head. It can help you to keep a resemblance with the old system look.

Also, I noticed that you have some face moles. So, you can try some to compose your new look. At Izzie there's some you may find useful.

I was a hold out when static mesh heads came out...preferring to wait for the Bento release.  I went and got the Catwa Catya head, picked up some DEMO skins from my favorite skin store and went to work recreating my signature default look.  I spent almost 2 weeks I think working on that head until I was satisfied with my updated look with hints of the old me still there.  I continue to use the Catwa Catya head, updating as needed, even though there will no longer be updates forth coming.  It's alright.  My mesh head is BOM, and I use makeup at the bare minimum.  Not a fan of the HD everyone is fanning over.    Life moves on...I just don't do change well sometimes or follow the masses.

For those that want to compare my default look to my mesh makeover in 2017 here is a link.    https://classiccougarstyle.com/2017/09/22/then-and-now/   Then of course I have a link to my BOM update in 2019.  https://classiccougarstyle.com/2019/10/24/bakes-on-mesh-cougar/  Just be aware the latter is NSFW.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.