Setting a Home location when you own nothing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

Kuula was my first home, then I moved to the NCI beach.  Junkyard Blues will let you set home there for free if you join the group.  I rent a shack there for $50L and set my home there just to support the sim.  

Oh, wow, I did not know that about Junkyard!  That is wonderful!

On 12/6/2022 at 8:38 AM, Anna Nova said:

There is a group of sims called 'Naked' that is a nudist colony.  If you join the group you can set home there.  You save a lot on clothes too.

If you can afford to join that group, you can afford to rent your own place instead. 

Aside from infohubs and other newbie places, some clubs and stores may have (accidentally or purposefully) left the Set Home feature available for their group - this only works when the land group and the customer group is the same but you can check this by going to About Land and comparing your group with the land group. If they are the same, it's worth a try.

8 hours ago, Maitimo said:

If you can afford to join that group, you can afford to rent your own place instead. 

But your own place won't have all those friendly people in its hot tub.

Edited by Anna Nova
typo
  • Haha 1

I try to always tp back to a specific sandbox, or a couple actually, before logging out. They are not griefer havens, and are often pretty empty, even on the busiest of days, I've noticed.  If you want to know the names of them, drop me a msg or something inworld and I'll tell you where they are next time I log on. I don't want to post them here because I don't want them getting busy, haha.

Also, some people seem to think all sandboxes are griefer havens. That hasn't been my experience since my first day, which wasn't that long ago, but should count for something I think. If I do run into people, they're always nice too. I change clothes, work on learning how to make things, all kinds of stuff in sandboxes. Maybe they're safer and quieter now than they once were. I like not having a home, it's fun! 

Edited by Caeruleiae
  • Like 2

If you don't want to be bothered with joining a group or renting a little cheap flat, you can simply pick one of the hundreds of LL rez zones scattered throughout the world. Take a landmark of that rez zone and drop it on your favorites bar. Then you are one click away from tp'ing to that rez zone where you can unpack boxes or change clothes. If you pick a zone that is underwater you kind of have privacy as well. Think of it as an underwater changing room.

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.