Question about visitors. Land rules.

SodaGnome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 521 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm renting land and the rules are no more than 3 avatars on your land or something like that as it is small parcel. I was wondering if you own land can you have as many avatars on it as you like? Or are their still rules about that kind of thing?

Rentals so many rules. No commercial or stores unless zoned for that, limited avatars can be there,  have to be above 1000 feet etc, Any rules if you own the land on mainland or somewhere?

Landlords in SL vary about as much as landlords in RL. Some are very hands-on and have lots of rules. Some just put parcels out for rent with automated rent boxes, and you'll never meet the landlord.

Land in Second Life is complicated, and has many of the problems of real life, from property taxes (tier) to nosy neighbors to evictions.Take Lindall Kidd's land class at Caledon Oxbridge for more info.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, animats said:

Land in Second Life is complicated, and has many of the problems of real life, from property taxes (tier) to nosy neighbors to evictions.Take Lindall Kidd's land class at Caledon Oxbridge for more info.

I don't think Caledon Oxbridge offers a land class these days.

I rent on Mainland, no rules. It is all about the landlord, if you think it is too restrictive, you can start looking around for another place. Where I rent on Mainland, I am often the only one in the region. 

I can see some merit in that rule, if a landlord has many tiny rentals in a region, and one of them have a club (Or many friends). The region has a fixed number of avatars it can hold. If the region is full, no other of the renters can get in. They would be very angry and upset, of course.

If you rent on a homestead, the number of avatars is 20. That is the lowest.

Edit: It is plenty of people that has experienced full regions and that they can't get to the home they are renting. So my guess is that the landlord you have now, has had it happen to him. Few people are in SL all the time, and if he isn't ready to handle a problem in a minute after a complaint, he has lost tenants.

All it takes is an AFK sex place, for instance.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, SodaGnome said:

I'm renting land and the rules are no more than 3 avatars on your land or something like that as it is small parcel. I was wondering if you own land can you have as many avatars on it as you like? Or are their still rules about that kind of thing?

Rentals so many rules. No commercial or stores unless zoned for that, limited avatars can be there,  have to be above 1000 feet etc, Any rules if you own the land on mainland or somewhere?

Usually those rules depend on the size of your parcel, the larger it is the more you can have.

Buy some parcel in mainland (by upgrading your membership level oi rent tier from someone)

or

find a rental that has no such rule (either in mainland or private estates)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 521 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.