New Men's Body. Let's guess how much buy-in they'll get.

Blaise Glendevon

CZ_Slim V2 body was sent out via redelivery today. Of interest to me were the foot options, especially the 'sock' foot which would come in handy when using BoM socks or stockings. A set of add on rigged mesh nipples are new as well, however, they rely on alpha blending texture. Alpha blending is a problem because of color shifting under spot lights. It's the same problem that neck blenders have. Sometimes they 'glow' and sometimes they turn dark, depending on where the camera and spot lights line up. I manually set the add on nipples to alpha masking (100-150), but that looked bad in its own way. I guess I won't be using those at all. Ideally, add on nipples would be BoM with alpha masking, but getting that UV map aligned to the body can be a challenge.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, KjartanEno said:

CZ_Slim V2 body was sent out via redelivery today. Of interest to me were the foot options, especially the 'sock' foot which would come in handy when using BoM socks or stockings. A set of add on rigged mesh nipples are new as well, however, they rely on alpha blending texture. Alpha blending is a problem because of color shifting under spot lights. It's the same problem that neck blenders have. Sometimes they 'glow' and sometimes they turn dark, depending on where the camera and spot lights line up. I manually set the add on nipples to alpha masking (100-150), but that looked bad in its own way. I guess I won't be using those at all. Ideally, add on nipples would be BoM with alpha masking, but getting that UV map aligned to the body can be a challenge.

I saw V2 in your post and got excited for an alpha HUD and female shoe-rigged feet before reading it through.😄Whoops! But the updates you mention are a really good start!

Btw, in case anyone's interested, Skell has reviewed the body - including the brand new update! Click for the Flickr - review link's on there.

CZ the opportunity to try the new slim male body from CZ Design

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Cuideachaidh said:

The Apricot Paws creator posted this on Twitter; they are busy making paws for CZ Slim.

FiTQHNVaMAAXtUj.thumb.jpg.d897766c2fb6172a4729c2ed2740f69e.jpg

Oooo, that is really, really good news! If Apricot Paws starts updating mods for it, maybe, juuust maybe the body will get a much needed bump (at least in the furry community, which is fine by me).

It looks so cute with the feet, lol.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I love that outfit, but if the intention is for the avatar to be permanently posed with his hand in his pocket, I might scream. 😂

It's only for the CZ size because the alpha system doesn't allow for asymmetrical patterns . The Lagacy and TMP classic sizes don't have both hands stuck in pockets and relies on HUD to alpha out one hand. (I'm surprised they made a TMP classic size for this one.)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

It's only for the CZ size because the alpha system doesn't allow for asymmetrical patterns . The Lagacy and TMP classic sizes don't have both hands stuck in pockets and relies on HUD to alpha out one hand. (I'm surprised they made a TMP classic size for this one.)

Oh wow, I never thought of that. I might demo it in Legacy then. Thanks!

I've tried several tops/jackets with hands stuck in pockets over the years and it always looks hilarious with my AO, so I was having some flashbacks to all that mess, LOL.

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Oh wow, I never thought of that. I might demo it in Legacy then. Thanks!

I've tried several tops/jackets with hands stuck in pockets over the years and it always looks hilarious with my AO, so I was having some flashbacks to all that mess, LOL.

Some stands look alright with such outfits until you start walking or running. XD

19 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Some stands look alright with such outfits until you start walking or running. XD

LOL, my current walk is a runway strut with a wave. My avatar periodically waves with the right, then the left hand to make it look like she's saying hello to people while walking by. Now I'm curious to see what that outfit will do to that. 😄

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 6:28 PM, Eddy Vortex said:

(I'm surprised they made a TMP classic size for this one.)

Oh cool. I could be wrong about the timing since I don't stay on top of this stuff but I think it was just recently, with the last Legacy event, that they updated the old classic TMP bodies that they are giving out free. I think in the past the free body didn't include the alpha HUD which made it difficult to use. Now that the free bodies includes the alpha HUD, along with already being BoM it makes them the best free bodies out there imo. It would be nice to see creators start to pick them up again.

Why would creators pick up a free body? That indicates a lack of willingness to pay on the part of the people who wear it. Maybe one or two outfits for a joint like The Free Dove, but a regular update schedule? It's hard enough to keep up with the bodies people actually paid to wear.

Edited by Blaise Glendevon

1 hour ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Why would creators pick up a free body? That indicates a lack of willingness to pay on the part of the people who wear it. Maybe one or two outfits for a joint like The Free Dove, but a regular update schedule? It's hard enough to keep up with the bodies people actually paid to wear.

Plus, you can get by on TMP without it. One of my alts has it, and I managed to get him an impressive wardrobe for free or nearly-free. He can wear TMP plus a lot of standard size and some modern Legacy clothes.

Hi everyone. I've been putting together a personal list of in-world stores that have made items for CZ Slim. Someone persuaded me to share it here so that's what I'm doing.

Note: I've added stores if they have even just one item for CZ slim. A lot of these items are (as of this post) only being sold at events and not the brand's stores. I'm not including the links of those events to avoid future confusion.

CZ Body Shop
Afterparty
MaleDiction
Varsity
CryBigBoy
Altgard
Morfeu
Toksik
Cheerno
MaleFic
Olympian
HYSTERIA
Shu Mesh
Traume
Lavu
Klubb
Animosity
Somnium
Apricot Paws
Desir Boutique
Muho
Daebak
Nuage
Complex
be.raon/Vertigo
UKYAH
T.Q.C.
Alantori
LILITHIUM
Cinphul
GLOOM
Z Black*
DAMN*
Homme Wrecker*
Astara*

* = Marketplace link/no in-world

I'm not much a forum person so I'm not sure how often I'll update this list but I'll try my best.
Feel free to IM me in-world if you'd prefer a notecard version.

Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

23 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

People spend much more on micro transactions. Spending $15 or $20 on a single item is hard but 50 cents to $1 here and there is easy and adds up quickly. Take lekutka heads for example. Their price is normally 4k. When they decided to give out free heads  a few years ago for Christmas not only did they take over the market themselves but they also created a ton of business for people who sold skins and makeup for them. People who were happy enough with no head or with their genus or catwa heads ended up switching and then buying to dress it. Buying enough that finding genus and catwa products has been harder ever since.

There are a lot of people running around with their Maitreya body simply because they purchased it 8 years ago and don't feel like paying to switch. That someone spent $10 years ago doesn't indicate much for their current spending habits but having a free body means people with alts, newbies and older players alike all have easy access. More users will always mean more sales.

• Like 4