You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

There's no way that ass can be brought down to anatomically possible proportions - even with the strongest deformer in the pack. Combined with the waist ratio that makes it look impossible for there to be internal organs in there, it's a no for me dawg. 

Not that the body is something I'd personally wear but to say a look is impossible is simply not true as a quick search will show.  Tiny waists, big bottoms ARE a thing.

57874f428cf57da51388d67cef788728.thumb.jpg.16c6bdec538d6af24fa36e9630453867.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Not that the body is something I'd personally wear but to say a look is impossible is simply not true as a quick search will show.  Tiny waists, big bottoms ARE a thing.

57874f428cf57da51388d67cef788728.thumb.jpg.16c6bdec538d6af24fa36e9630453867.jpg

That looks a bit Photoshopped to me, but the body type does exist regardless.

What a lot of SL bodies that try it get wrong IMO are the arms. Smaller waist/wider hips/etc. - yeah that's a thing, but usually the upper body is a bit bigger and more in proportion.

Something like this is more realistic than most of what I've seen in SL (so far):

Brielle-Anyea-Plus-size-model.jpg

7212f904a47d22697532fd26121957e5.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

That looks a bit Photoshopped to me, but the body type does exist regardless.

What a lot of SL bodies that try it get wrong IMO are the arms. Smaller waist/wider hips/etc. - yeah that's a thing, but usually the upper body is a bit bigger and more in proportion.

Something like this is more realistic than most of what I've seen in SL (so far):

Brielle-Anyea-Plus-size-model.jpg

7212f904a47d22697532fd26121957e5.png

I remember when the dat azz  really moved from grass roots to more main stream and moved more away from cozmo skinny model.. this is my version of it anyways and seeing kind of a pattern that went that way..  it still took years.. JLO had a lot to do with it as well as a girl showing up on youtube that went viral that did nothing but flaunt and show off her butt.. She went viral when going viral was a new thing.. She went so viral that she even made it to the Tonight Show.. hehehe  This is like early 2000 late late 90's.

When I say mainstream, i mean like anything else, it's crossed over from where it always was a thing and catching on in the suburbs pretty much.. they don't call it a booty because someone in the suburbs or a high penthouse apartment came up with it.. hehehehe

It's possible to have a fit upper body and legs with a butt that just won't quit.. Having the right genetics helps a lot too.. Some people have to work at it and some are just born with it, and some have the money to just implant their way there.. hehehe

There are a lot of exercises and physical activities that don't involve the butt..  I can tell you from personal experience that horse back riding and barrel racing is one of them.. A lot of butt hurt but not as much but work as those legs get. hehehe

The thing that throws off what's going on in SL is, a lot want that big booty , but they don't proportion the rest..  the biggest thing and this is if they are trying to get a realistic body, not a fantasy body where anything goes.. The shoulders are usually sucked in way too much, when they should be lined up with the hip bone.. Also the arms being way too short.. I hear a lot of people say they have their arms short because their hands run into their hips.. Well when your shoulders are sucked in that just upped the odds of that happening.. Try bringing the shoulders out and lengthen the arms and  line things up a little better and see if it happens as much now.. you might have some animations that will hug tight and bring in the arms some, but it should improve a lot..

Start with the head size, not the hips and work your way down.. how many heads  sit on the shoulders, line that up , then line up the shoulders with the hips,, not the outside of the shoulder but the bones.. a lot think the shoulders are the outside of the arm, it's not.. that's the arm.. where the arm and shoulder meet bone wise, line that spot up when you do your hips width..

Wider shoulders and longer arms might seem strange at first, but it doesn't take but a google search to start seeing how realistic it is in women or you can just look in the mirror and see where your shoulder and hip bones are and how long your arms are. :)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 5

I think we shouldn't go down the rabbit hole of realism or proportionality with this body. It's clearly not, I don't think that's what the creator or the people that would buy it are going for. Kupra showed there is a market for this type of body, a big one. Whether there is room for two bodies like this remains to be seen, but I fully expect to see them in the wild. Judging from their discord, it's going to see some success.

The proportional crowd is going to be mad mad. Be ready to see big jiggling butts and boobs at UBER in the next couple of months.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, MajikVixen Lorefield said:

Try the exact same shape with all the other bodies and then with the Peach.  It'll be blatantly clear which one has more promise.

I can't wait to try it out, I'm really looking forward to it.. My comment was more hoping for something with a lot of diversity in the sliders but not banking on it.. hope for the best plan for the worst kind of thing .. I don't really judge a body or anything  too much in SL by the pictures, until I try it for myself..

I might try and get detective with things and try to figure out what the intent is with a product, but that more or less is just waiting game stuff to see how close my guesses were.. hehehe

As far as trying out the shape that comes with the body.. The shape won't tell me what I want to know.. The body itself will.. I don't ever test with the shape a body comes with, because for a body to be right for me, it's going to have to shape to what I'm looking for..  If it has a lot of diversity and can shape really well it's gonna really have me itching at the buy button.. if it feels like it's niched in to a certain range of shapes and not as much freedom as I need, then I know it's not for me..

I don't have a problem with a zillion bodies hitting the market.. If they have a lot of support from good 3rd party creators  and the body can do what I like, then we have a match.

I'm just a drop in the bucket anyways..:)

hehehe

1 hour ago, MajikVixen Lorefield said:

Well... You may recognize Spider from fantasy designs like the Dragon Guardian or the  Ascendant Wings .  Although I have had both for a very long time, I like to fancy myself a succubus.  His wings are the best, IMO.  My very skeptical SL friend did put this to the test ... and needless to say, he was no longer trying to debate it after he bought me several pairs to see for himself.  His wings are in EVERY SINGLE outfit my avatar has.  On that note, I did come across some more things at Fantasy Fair of his, thought to ask him for a custom, and then I fell into this rabbit hole of this Peach...  I was along the lines of several ppl who helped him gather creators to help him with this project, so that it wouldn't be released without some clothing options.  Spider is an extremely caring creator (blood, sweat, and tears is an understatement, IMO), because his work speaks for itself.  Additionally, beforehand, he developed the Anthro, which helped him perfect The Peach.  ...When you apply to any art college or art career, your portfolio has to be diverse to prove your worthiness.  This is exactly that.

I can appreciate a really good and caring creator that really gets into their work.. I was listening to his videos and seeing the production that went into them and it's a heck of a lot more than you see with a lot of other products.. I really love that sim or sims they were in by the way..

I'm just really wanting to see  if there is a difference with a creator that is used to making things that are more fantasy and the things that go with that community, compared to the more mainstream mesh body releases that we are used..  I'm really interested to see how much more freedom comes with it , where there seem to be patterns with the more main stream body releases..

There might be differences and their might not be.. It has me really curious though.. I am hoping for the best for any body that gets released.. I think the more range we get and the more choices, the more freedom that comes with it..

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

I think we shouldn't go down the rabbit hole of realism or proportionality with this body. It's clearly not, I don't think that's what the creator or the people that would buy it are going for. Kupra showed there is a market for this type of body, a big one. Whether there is room for two bodies like this remains to be seen, but I fully expect to see them in the wild. Judging from their discord, it's going to see some success.

The proportional crowd is going to be mad mad. Be ready to see big jiggling butts and boobs at UBER in the next couple of months.

I'm not really going on about the body itself, but kind of chiming in that bodies do exist in the real world that are similar, but would be kind of rare with the proportions we see a lot of them set at in SL..

More or less that fit bodies with big booties do exist.. hehehe

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

As far as trying out the shape that comes with the body.. The shape won't tell me what I want to know.. The body itself will.. I don't ever test with the shape a body comes with, because for a body to be right for me, it's going to have to shape to what I'm looking for..  If it has a lot of diversity and can shape really well it's gonna really have me itching at the buy button.. if it feels like it's niched in to a certain range of shapes and not as much freedom as I need, then I know it's not for me..

I think this right here is key. I've been noticing even people that are wearing kupra are getting smaller and more or less regular size. How scalable the mesh is, is going to make the biggest difference. It's not going to be so much about how big the butt and boobs are, but how scalable the body is. It'll still have big breasts and a big butt, however....that's where it seems SL is trending at the moment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm not really going on about the body itself, but kind of chiming in that bodies do exist in the real world that are similar, but would be kind of rare with the proportions we see a lot of them set at in SL..

More or less that fit bodies with big booties do exist.. hehehe

Oh no, I'm not saying that at all. I agree 100%, you can tell who doesn't go on instagram or tik tok when they say people don't have bodies like that in real life. When you post one they go "Nuh uh!"

It's just always strange to me that the "ItZ NoT PrOpOrTiOnAl" argument comes up with bodies like these, they were never meant to be. In a world where we're all cartoon characters...who says you have to look proportional or realistic? They're fantasy bodies...people have those fantasies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Oh no, I'm not saying that at all. I agree 100%, you can tell who doesn't go on instagram or tik tok when they say people don't have bodies like that in real life. When you post one they go "Nuh uh!"

It's just always strange to me that the "ItZ NoT PrOpOrTiOnAl" argument comes up with bodies like these, they were never meant to be. In a world where we're all cartoon characters...who says you have to look proportional or realistic? They're fantasy bodies...people have those fantasies.

I agree, A lot come just for fantasy side, really most do.. We tend to get caught up in the glam sham that SL is about realistic when it's really about our imaginations and not everyone else's..:)

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

There's no way that ass can be brought down to anatomically possible proportions - even with the strongest deformer in the pack. Combined with the waist ratio that makes it look impossible for there to be internal organs in there, it's a no for me dawg. 

Avatars have no internal organs.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

On 11/3/2022 at 4:32 PM, colleen Criss said:

Sold by: Spider Carnot Owner/Creator of Spider Productions since 2005 http://peachbodysl.com/

https://discord.com/channels/800149508133486652/1037483569179787264

can't post an actual photo because they are all mostly nude. Several creators are on board.

52452861705_6a407118fb_w.jpg

hard no for me.... 

1 hour ago, colleen Criss said:

Avatars have no internal organs.

Some come with hearts, but look more like a valentine heart that anything.. I forget what body does that.. hehehe

Then our hair when we bunch it up inside looks like a brain, but we know it's just really bad hair ball.. hehehe

• Haha 2

My main want for a body in this realm is, well, arms. I've tried most of the newer bodies, and it always comes down to arms for me. Almost all of the bodies seem fairly limited in the arm sliders, but that could also be an SL limitation, perhaps? I very rarely ever see sliders that can increase the upper arm size and softness without making them super buff. If I could get an overall entirely soft look from shoulder to leg, I'd so be down for it.

I don't need 100% realism, but I would like something a bit different than the usual.

I also want a fit/athletic body, too. And no, slapping a skin on doesn't count. Gently sculpted leg muscles for the win! Still waiting on that.

cat-wait.gif

• Like 1

Yes, and elbows that don't fold, knees that don't break thru the mesh oh and and when we bend at the waist we don't fold into ourselves. Most of that will be dependant on pose/animation makers I'm sure. 

It's a shame we can't put our RL bodies into the game, then we'd all be happy, and perfect BUT I'd still have a big ass, thick thighs and boobs. Muscled arms I can get at a gym IRL, if I was inclined. 

This is SL people, a simulator, a VR and tbh I think we all have it pretty damn good here. I guess we could all play roblox or do the FB meta thing, but we don't and here we are all of us working with what we have thanks to creators who do their best.

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:.

I also want a fit/athletic body, too. And no, slapping a skin on doesn't count. Gently sculpted leg muscles for the win! Still waiting on that.

The beauty of mod bodies is some of this is possible with normal maps. 

If someone has the inclination and say…zbrush, they could make a normal map for a body that could make it appear more toned and athletic.

There are already normal maps for ebody and Kupra that make them look more muscular and even Freya back in the day that added more detail. I’m surprised this hasn’t become more of a thing since creators started making bodies mod. It’s funny, one of the first thing I think of when I think of a mod body is custom normal maps.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I can't wait to try it out, I'm really looking forward to it.. My comment was more hoping for something with a lot of diversity in the sliders but not banking on it.. hope for the best plan for the worst kind of thing .. I don't really judge a body or anything  too much in SL by the pictures, until I try it for myself..

I might try and get detective with things and try to figure out what the intent is with a product, but that more or less is just waiting game stuff to see how close my guesses were.. hehehe

I don't have a problem with a zillion bodies hitting the market.. If they have a lot of support from good 3rd party creators  and the body can do what I like, then we have a match.

I'm just a drop in the bucket anyways..:)

hehehe

I can appreciate a really good and caring creator that really gets into their work.. I was listening to his videos and seeing the production that went into them and it's a heck of a lot more than you see with a lot of other products.. I really love that sim or sims they were in by the way..

I'm just really wanting to see  if there is a difference with a creator that is used to making things that are more fantasy and the things that go with that community, compared to the more mainstream mesh body releases that we are used..  I'm really interested to see how much more freedom comes with it , where there seem to be patterns with the more main stream body releases..

There might be differences and their might not be.. It has me really curious though.. I am hoping for the best for any body that gets released.. I think the more range we get and the more choices, the more freedom that comes with it..

Cool beans!

I know that there are a ridiculous amount of ways to adjust it, so I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

...I think making a mesh body for mainstream has to be the most challenging, scientific, and artistic thing a creator could ever possibly do in here.  Imagine how an artist may start out doodling with crayons as a young kid, then maybe work their way up to charcoal as they got older, and then finally master something as unforgiving as oil paint... I think this is my way of saying that because Spider has done so many different successful fantasy pieces (and would perhaps like to do more), he has worked and honed his skill into the ultimate creator project.  Maybe a lot of ppl think that once you know how to make something that's sale is worthwhile, you might just very easily stick with that... But in having known him, even for a very short amount of time, I don't see anyone as smart as him settling for creating/relying on something so easy.  xD

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, colleen Criss said:

That's fine , I have no horse in this race , I don't even rep/blog for this body , I was just passing on information.

...Well, I'm glad someone brought it up!  I been so used to "keeping those peaches in the fridge" and internally screaming, that it sure is nice to finally be able to say something about it publicly!!!  xD 🙃

Edited by MajikVixen Lorefield
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

The beauty of mod bodies is some of this is possible with normal maps. 

If someone has the inclination and say…zbrush, they could make a normal map for a body that could make it appear more toned and athletic.

There are already normal maps for ebody and Kupra that make them look more muscular and even Freya back in the day that added more detail. I’m surprised this hasn’t become more of a thing since creators started making bodies mod. It’s funny, one of the first thing I think of when I think of a mod body is custom normal maps.

That would be awesome if it's easy enough for someone to do! I mostly want it for some fantasy avatars. There's only so much one can accomplish with Maitreya and and Dev Nana is way too far on the other side of things for my liking. Plus, clothes. *sigh*

I remember trying Signature Alice back in the day and really liking how shapely the legs looked. I'm not sure how "sculpted" they actually were (it's been awhile) so maybe that was a skin effect. Still, it was nice. I'm sad that body kind of stalled out, too. I remember liking the demo quite a bit.

• Like 1

Ok already.  We all know you hate it.  Now you're just being rude to anyone who might like it.  Sheesh.

On 11/3/2022 at 5:28 PM, Blaise Glendevon said:

That backside is, frankly, grotesque. 

On 11/4/2022 at 12:08 AM, Blaise Glendevon said:

It's weird how much support a first-time body maker has gotten from third party designers. Off-Line was promoting it in that brand's in-world chat channel. He must be making some sweetheart deals with those creators, because this body. . .

Woof.

5 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

That body looks like a balloon animal.

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.