Premium+ Account and Homestead ownership

Money Wonder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

52 minutes ago, TimKoul said:

And you don't have to make sure you have $109 a month in your account to cover the maintenance fee? 

Do people not realize they can just click and buy Linden right from inside the viewer? It's instant. 

The $109 per month comes from my payment method.  I never have to log in or buy L$ to cover that.

As to the second comment, it is actually faster to buy them directly from the Buy page on the Dashboard -- because then you don't even have to wait for the viewer to load and log you in.  

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The $109 per month comes from my payment method.  I never have to log in or buy L$ to cover that.

As to the second comment, it is actually faster to buy them directly from the Buy page on the Dashboard -- because then you don't even have to wait for the viewer to load and log you in.  

Well yeah for those with slower computers, I guess that would be faster.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

I never used my free tier until 2020 and I've been premium since 2009.   

Same here until yesterday when I got my boathouse..  I remember looking, but they were only 512 lots back then..

1024 is still kind of small feeling to me, but since it's on water and not jammed in with people backed up to me on all sides, it's a lot better..

I never lived on a boat yet in here.. I'm liking all the open water..

It seems kind of quiet here though, almost too quiet..I sure hope my moving in party don't bother anyone..*Ebil Grin* hehehehe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimKoul said:

Well yeah for those with slower computers, I guess that would be faster.

Actually, it is my 175k inventory size that slows down the log in process.

Your response sounds like the type of attack someone throws out when they have no other argument, but for some reason thinks they need to keep coming back with something.

For ANY computer that someone else might have, I would wager that I can log onto the Dashboard (which is just a web page) and buy L$ faster than they could log into the viewer and buy L$.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TimKoul said:

No. But I would expect the cost to at least be competitive with current land barron pricings if LL are going to do this. Because currently, the homestead I rent is cheaper so if I was PP, this benefit wouldn't benefit me at all. I mean, as long as there are cheaper options, it's not really a benefit is it?

The benefit is ownership of the Homestead - full control, not being dependent on a land baron or a fly-by-night operation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/4/2022 at 1:09 AM, Blaise Glendevon said:

The perk is the nearly $3K USD yearly discount.

Obviously.

no it's no discount, it's a requirement that's not applied any longer to p+ members, thats something different as a discount.

All the sounds here of "they should this /they should that" is unvalid. "They" should nothing. Everybody has the choice to keep renting or take ownership of a homestead.
The unfairness of VAT's is not them to blame but our governments.

One thing they " should"  but unrelated to this opportunity, is make more hurry with filling the promessed real perks for p+, it takes to long. We dó pay the full amount for it for quite a while.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Same here until yesterday when I got my boathouse..  I remember looking, but they were only 512 lots back then..

1024 is still kind of small feeling to me, but since it's on water and not jammed in with people backed up to me on all sides, it's a lot better..

I never lived on a boat yet in here.. I'm liking all the open water..

It seems kind of quiet here though, almost too quiet..I sure hope my moving in party don't bother anyone..*Ebil Grin* hehehehe

Hey Ceka, my guy and I have linden homes even though we live on a private region but what is cool about that is that we can sail or motor from his place to mine on the open SLeas. In theory, haven't tried it yet ha! He got the boathouse I got a stilt. Both such cute builds.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Hey Ceka, my guy and I have linden homes even though we live on a private region but what is cool about that is that we can sail or motor from his place to mine on the open SLeas. In theory, haven't tried it yet ha! He got the boathouse I got a stilt. Both such cute builds.

Ya, it's pretty nice and a lot of water to sail on for sure, plus can still put a deck or something way up in the air.. I'm giving up my land I have when it comes due this month and just going to live on my boathouse..I'm trying to cut down a lot of waste in SL and my land is much more than I really need.. I figure, it's time to start taking advantage of the benefits of having a premium account, rather than wasting a lot of the things that come with it.. I'm looking forward to kind of rebooting things. :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, it's pretty nice and a lot of water to sail on for sure, plus can still put a deck or something way up in the air.. I'm giving up my land I have when it comes due this month and just going to live on my boathouse..I'm trying to cut down a lot of waste in SL and my land is much more than I really need.. I figure, it's time to start taking advantage of the benefits of having a premium account, rather than wasting a lot of the things that come with it.. I'm looking forward to kind of rebooting things. :)

I was of the same mindset, scaling down a bit and using the benefits that we have. I considered dropping my land down to a homestead now that premium plus doesn't need a full region to own one, but I couldn't part with all the prims. But I think it's great to be able to own a region now for half the cost. Also fyi to anyone who is interested, I found out you can convert a region into two homesteads, not a new feature just new to me. So, twice the land but half the prim allowance. That's pretty cool.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

I was of the same mindset, scaling down a bit and using the benefits that we have. I considered dropping my land down to a homestead now that premium plus doesn't need a full region to own one, but I couldn't part with all the prims. But I think it's great to be able to own a region now for half the cost. Also fyi to anyone who is interested, I found out you can convert a region into two homesteads, not a new feature just new to me. So, twice the land but half the prim allowance. That's pretty cool.

Ya, I used to have sims before but really I would get ideas for these builds and then build them and when I would get finished , kind of stand there and be like.. Ok, now what?  I really had no interest in attracting a lot of people to them or anything like that.. just take a few pictures and then rip it all up when i had another idea and start all over.. hehehe

I cut it all down to a 1/4 sim for the last few years and it's kind of the same thing.. build it let it sit until I get another idea.. I end up spending more time in the sky than I did on my builds.. So I figured, if I'm really not going to be doing that much on my own land, I might as well just cut it down to how much I'm really going to use..

As long as I don't feel cramped in and backed up to in all direction, I'm really good to go.. If I get the feel to really drop something down on the ground that's really bigger than my land, there are the premium sandboxes for that.. :)

I'm just not spending as much time logged in lately as I used to as well, so the linden homes are much more sensible for me at the moment.. I probably could not do it with the older 512 linden homes.. I have to be able to breathe.. hehehe

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, I used to have sims before but really I would get ideas for these builds and then build them and when I would get finished , kind of stand there and be like.. Ok, now what?  I really had no interest in attracting a lot of people to them or anything like that.. just take a few pictures and then rip it all up when i had another idea and start all over.. hehehe

I cut it all down to a 1/4 sim for the last few years and it's kind of the same thing.. build it let it sit until I get another idea.. I end up spending more time in the sky than I did on my builds.. So I figured, if I'm really not going to be doing that much on my own land, I might as well just cut it down to how much I'm really going to use..

As long as I don't feel cramped in and backed up to in all direction, I'm really good to go.. If I get the feel to really drop something down on the ground that's really bigger than my land, there are the premium sandboxes for that.. :)

I'm just not spending as much time logged in lately as I used to as well, so the linden homes are much more sensible for me at the moment.. I probably could not do it with the older 512 linden homes.. I have to be able to breathe.. hehehe

Cool, yeah that's pretty much how I'm living, ground is cute to photo but spend most of my time in the sky. And yeah, I considered the sandbox availability as well if i need to rezz something large. Oh, speaking of Linden Homes, is there like a furniture pack for them? Like in theme? Just curious. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Cool, yeah that's pretty much how I'm living, ground is cute to photo but spend most of my time in the sky. And yeah, I considered the sandbox availability as well if i need to rezz something large. Oh, speaking of Linden Homes, is there like a furniture pack for them? Like in theme? Just curious. 

I didn't see a furniture pack, but there is a creators pack that I got out of the rezzer.. It has things like candles and flower pots and some things like that, plus textures for whatever you add on to the outside of the home so things stay uniform to the area.. I don't know about the land homes, I just really only looked at the boathouses..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I didn't see a furniture pack, but there is a creators pack that I got out of the rezzer.. It has things like candles and flower pots and some things like that, plus textures for whatever you add on to the outside of the home so things stay uniform to the area.. I don't know about the land homes, I just really only looked at the boathouses..

Ok cool, yeah I saw something like that but didn't look into it. Thanks!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.