Woot! Got my first in-world hate mail in . . . probably a couple of years! By someone who also spammed my Flickr account and started contacting random members of one of my groups to crap on me!

Today's going swimmingly so far . . .

🙄

• Like 1
  • Sad 10

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Woot! Got my first in-world hate mail in . . . probably a couple of years! By someone who also spammed my Flickr account and started contacting random members of one of my groups to crap on me!

🙄

You want I should eat them for you? 

E0B824BC-EDAF-400C-8E90-D1F34558C391.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

🙄

You can turn off messages and comments from people who are not on your list.  Might want to do that for a spell until whomever it is gets tired and finds a new target.

Sorry to hear this happened but there are jackasses everywhere.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

You can turn off messages and comments from people who are not on your list.  Might want to do that for a spell until whomever it is gets tired and finds a new target.

Sorry to hear this happened but there are jackasses everywhere.  

Yeah, I've blocked, muted, and expelled from the group, both in-world and on Flickr. Unless she starts coming at me with alts, I should be good.

I actually wasn't initially going to do any of those things, until she started spamming my Flickr with hate messages, and contacting random members of my group to diss me. Giving her the benefit of the doubt was, in hindsight, a mistake: she's clearly an attention-seeking troll who wants to generate The Dramaz. And I ain't doing that.

Incidentally, this is all about my gallery exhibition. Who'd have thunk that such a warm-and-fuzzy, feel-good installation would generate toxic responses! But the *coughs* "art world" boasts its share of idiots too.

• Like 3

Peeve: Electronics that all come with their own power supplies, which are unlabeled except "Made in China" and the voltage/current.

Peeve2:  Power supply labeled voltages don't match what is written on any of the electronics. (18v? Nothing says it needs 18v!)

Peeve3: Needing to get an old school "Label Maker" to label which power supply goes with which electronics.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Electronics that all come with their own power supplies, which are unlabeled except "Made in China" and the voltage/current.

Peeve2:  Power supply labeled voltages don't match what is written on any of the electronics. (18v? Nothing says it needs 18v!)

Peeve3: Needing to get an old school "Label Maker" to label which power supply goes with which electronics.

il_fullxfull.362904531_aiq1.thumb.webp.bc5c7de79364829d391ce246a5297ed0.webp

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yep, found a Dymo model at Amazon for $11.95 with 3 spools of labels included!

We were always running off with my dad's.  My older sister and I went through a phase where we labeled just about everything in the room we shared.  My mom just rolled her eyes and my dad made us pay for new spools.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just nearly backed into a bit of forum drama on another thread by accident, because I was reading the thread backwards. And what I initially thought was a good-humoured joke . . . wasn't.

😱

Lesson learned. Always read from front to back.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I just nearly backed into a bit of forum drama on another thread by accident, because I was reading the thread backwards. And what I initially thought was a good-humoured joke . . . wasn't.

😱

Lesson learned. Always read from front to back.

If you go from "back to front", you may end up in a hole.

..Wrong hole!

DE5EE107-46D9-4E7A-ADE4-515430B3EEA9.jpeg

• Haha 3