5 minutes ago, Solo Alpha said:

Please don't make it our hill to die on.

Stay lenient please ..  you will have to. :|

The other "First" Peeve thread - started December 2020 like this one (see the third post in this thread) - only made it to 6 pages, vs. 187 pages for this thread.  We've all grown so much these past 1.5 years!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Solo Alpha said:

Like nails that have grown into the skin of your toe .. :P

I assume that is one of your Pet Peeves. 

Related quote I've seen on Social Media a few times: "If your toenails look like you could sweep down at any minute and fly away with small children, you shouldn't be wearing open-toed shoes or sandals". <= PET PEEVE, personal grooming should be a choice!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Peeve: I don't really understand what can and can't be said on this thread.

"Well, I'll tell you!"..But in actuality, that would not be OK.  Because there shall be no singing.  And it can only be told in song.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
This is from a "mostly unknown" scene. Says me.
  • Haha 1

This has always been a trash fire thread ... the thinking is that if we have one big trash fire, we won't start 5000 little trash fires all over the place.

The SL forums, while being predominantly about SL, are also a place where people can sit around the trash fire. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Peeve: I don't really understand what can and can't be said on this thread.

It was, I think, Dyna Mole who, a few days ago, suggested that it was important to think about what really constitutes a "pet peeve." And by that, I think she means something fairly trivial -- annoying, maybe a bit funny even, rather than something one is passionately angry or upset about. So, for instance, irritation at the way some vendors are set up in-world, rather than, say, your intense anger at the invasion of a medium-sized European country by a larger one.

I agree with this, although I have on occasion been guilty of bringing up "big" issues here. This thread should likely be "grumpy" in tone at worst, and as often "light-hearted."

The problem that arises is that sometimes there seem to be no places where one can safely post about "bigger issues" -- although, recently, I think the mods have been allowing more such posts.

"Peeves" about moderation, understandable though they might be, shouldn't be here (or, indeed, anywhere). And one thing I've disliked about the peeve threads on occasion is the tendency to "subtweet" people here -- complaining about their behaviour on other threads, for instance, without naming them, which strikes me as unfair.

The point here, I think, is "community" -- bonding over our irritation at something relatively minor, or laughing at ourselves over something stupid. And that kind of thing does tend to be the content I most enjoy reading on this thread.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I agree with this, although I have on occasion been guilty of bringing up "big" issues here. This thread should likely be "grumpy" in tone at worst, and as often "light-hearted."

After being stabbed with a light sabre, Obi-Wan Kenobi was.."light-hearted". (His Force Ghost was slightly peeved, no doubt.)

* sees self out *

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

After being stabbed with a light sabre, Obi-Wan Kenobi was.."light-hearted". (His Force Ghost was slightly peeved, no doubt.)

* sees self out *

Bad jokes and puns here should, of course, be punishable by a week in the cornfield.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Bad jokes and puns here should, of course, be punishable by a week in the cornfield.

Is that why Love is so corny?     :)

* oh no, looked that up and it didn't mean at all what I thought it did. Thought it meant sillyfunny. Fun.

Edited by Kiera Clutterbuck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

"Peeves" about moderation, understandable though they might be, shouldn't be here (or, indeed, anywhere). And one thing I've disliked about the peeve threads on occasion is the tendency to "subtweet" people here -- complaining about their behaviour on other threads, for instance, without naming them, which strikes me as unfair.

Ok...*grunt* I done cured myself of that sin. No more, no futher, nuh-uh! Nut gun do eet.

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:
2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Is that why Love is so corny?     :)

Zee outhouse, eez out of zee toilet paper, so I seek zee corncobs. (Almost wrote "corncubs")

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The point here, I think, is "community" -- bonding over our irritation at something relatively minor, or laughing at ourselves over something stupid. And that kind of thing does tend to be the content I most enjoy reading on this thread.

So, for instance - as if it is the 18th century - we can complain that we've all got nits, but it is impolite, impolitic (if you like), to pick at someone else's nits.  Or to point out their nits.

(A scene from Job would be appropriate here, but it is just too sad and gross.)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Cat hair.

I guess shaving one's um, cat isn't popular.

I certainly know the struggle with Husky hair! Them fluffy butts just drip hair.  And no, shouldn't shave huskers either.

Pet peeve: People who say "You should shave your husky".  They know not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I guess shaving one's um, cat isn't popular.

I certainly know the struggle with Husky hair! Them fluffy butts just drip hair.  And no, shouldn't shave huskers either.

Pet peeve: People who say "You should shave your husky".  They know not.

...that sounds SOOOO kinky.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1