Use and abuse of Linden Lab logo?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Melian Ishelwood said:

The question is simple: we have a logo with trademark (important detail this tm) created by Linden Lab, we have another one definitely not created by Linden Lab that also includes the official LL brand. is it legal? no, it is not and I personally doubt that Linden Lab is aware of it.

Yes, it is legal.

Because the Lab IS aware of it.

As told in the answers - several Lindens are on the "board" of the SLEA. It was also promoted in an official LL post.

So, LL is very aware of this. And it is legal because LL is allowing it to happen, knowingly (with tacit - assumed - approval).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Melian Ishelwood said:

Thanks to everyone for participating, but no one answered the miw question and someone even invented exotic very imaginative topics.

The question is simple: we have a logo with trademark (important detail this tm) created by Linden Lab, we have another one definitely not created by Linden Lab that also includes the official LL brand. is it legal? no, it is not and I personally doubt that Linden Lab is aware of it. Try to do it with Apple brands, for example. The courts are full of such cases. I don't think even those of slea are aware of it, but it is something that can cost a lot of money. My intention in the case was to warn slea, but I see that in the forum unfortunately you do not even understand the question. Hello everyone.

Did you even bother looking at the website I posted?  One which LL knows about since their employees are listed there?  Here's their front page which includes the exact same picture you posted.  SLEA and LL are well aware of the picture...

Or ask @Abnor Moleor @Dyna Moleor even @Patch Linden

79a78d7d32e0f1bc7506a426bef2d959.thumb.png.47da1d3e440ef2b38ba6daacda4edf7c.png

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 10/6/2022 at 6:28 AM, Rowan Amore said:

If you go to their website...SLEA Week At A Glance, October 1, 2022 - SLEA (slearts.com)

You will see the same picture as you posted as well as a list of Who is Who which includes...

Second Life Endowment for The Arts Team

SLEA Linden Lab Team:

Brett Linden

Patch Linden

Strawberry Linden 

Bingo!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2022 at 1:55 PM, AnnabelleApocalypse said:

As Rowan pointed out the SLEA team consists of LL employees. So the idea LL are not aware is.....highly dubious. 

Is you and your friend Rowan that are wrong and don't want become aware of. No, slea is not runned at all by Linden employees but bt a team of volunteers, But is useless talk about, you don't know about what you are talking, simply.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Melian Ishelwood said:

Is you and your friend Rowan that are wrong and don't want become aware of. No, slea is not runned at all by Linden employees but bt a team of volunteers, But is useless talk about, you don't know about what you are talking, simply.

This is the new SLEA, not the old SLEA.

https://slendowmentforthearts.wordpress.com/2021/01/18/about-slea/

The proposal was accepted and LL agreed to a partnership along with their contribution of 9 Regions.

And before it gets brought up, I have been in SL since 2004.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 4

• Administrators

Alrighty, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread since it's consisting mostly of back and forth bickering. Plus the question has been addressed and answered by others in this thread.

If there are any questions regarding the Second Life Endowment for the Arts (SLEA) you may refer to our blog post from a couple years ago:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.