Announcing Local Mesh In Firestorm Beta Viewer

Whirly Fizzle

Local Mesh allows you to preview your mesh creations inworld and see edits you make to the mesh dae file in real time.
Local Mesh allows you to perfect your mesh creations on the main grid without having to waste L$ on test uploads or using Aditi, the beta grid, for free mesh uploads.
Local mesh works for unrigged mesh, worn rigged mesh and even Animesh!

For further details, please see Beq Janus's blog post: Announcing Local Mesh

You can try the Local Mesh feature now in the Firestorm Beta 6.6.5.68062
For the viewer download links, please join the "Phoenix-Firestorm Preview Group" and check the group notices.

Release Notes: Firestorm Beta Release Notes 6.6.5.68062

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6

That... is fantastic!

There have been a number of times I've wanted to make something that would fit perfectly in an existing scene or terrain. This will make it much, much easier instead of frustrating and expensive.

In fact, I think it's made me want to start making stuff again... I haven't for a while.

• Like 3

Heh, I still see people walking around wearing "local textures" and not understanding why those are "missing textures" to the rest of us.  I look forward to seeing these same people wearing "local meshes" and not understanding why the rest of us cannot see them.

So, what will the rest of us see when looking toward someone else's "local mesh"?

• Like 2

Just now, Ardy Lay said:

So, what will the rest of us see when looking toward someone else's "local mesh"?

According to the article a flat plane for now but later on a proper placeholder object

The current "Rez" tool, crates a surrogate prim that will appear to other users (and yourself after a relog) as a small flat panel. In a future update, I plan to have a more concrete and visible placeholder object and ideally a way to rez directly as an attachment too.

• Like 1