Life in a Houseboat!

Chloe Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I ordered a new houseboat creator kit since the new boat changes and noticed all the new textures are missing thus far! Is there any way to get those?

It looks to me many are reused from other themes (like the Hickory floor for example), however the outside siding for the new boats would be very nice to have!

I didn't see it in the pack?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Fay Starlight said:

I ordered a new houseboat creator kit since the new boat changes and noticed all the new textures are missing thus far! Is there any way to get those?

It looks to me many are reused from other themes (like the Hickory floor for example), however the outside siding for the new boats would be very nice to have!

I didn't see it in the pack?

The original HB colour sidings are in the texture pack inside the new content box - are there new siding colours for the new boats? I actually didn't check that 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chloe Bunny said:

The original HB colour sidings are in the texture pack inside the new content box - are there new siding colours for the new boats? I actually didn't check that 

Yes, I don't see them, they do look different than the old to me (am I wrong?) --really all we need is the white and the RBG--

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Fay Starlight said:

Yes, I don't see them, they do look different than the old to me (am I wrong?) --really all we need is the white and the RBG--

The white siding is in the texture pack definitely - here are some hopefully close enough RGB codes...

Watermelon - 186, 22, 37

White - 163, 162, 161

Sunflower - 189, 118, 57

Natural - 125, 108, 88

Mango - 167, 72, 37

Lagoon - 0, 111, 105

Green - 44, 50, 41

Gray - 89, 88, 87

Cedar - 88, 54, 43

Navy - 24, 34, 49

Do they work? These are for the originals ones...I would need to grab another boat to see if there are new colours...

Edited by Chloe Bunny
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Chloe Bunny said:

The white siding is in the texture pack definitely - here are some hopefully close enough RGB codes...

Watermelon - 186, 22, 37

White - 163, 162, 161

Sunflower - 189, 118, 57

Natural - 125, 108, 88

Mango - 167, 72, 37

Lagoon - 0, 111, 105

Green - 44, 50, 41

Gray - 89, 88, 87

Cedar - 88, 54, 43

Navy - 24, 34, 49

Do they work? These are for the originals ones...I would need to grab another boat to see if there are new colours...

Is it the new one?

I will recheck, I am always a little hasty when I look at scads of things in a big folder! lol

I see the originals in the box, however the NEW boats don't have the same outside textures at all. They redid the colors on a new plank siding. I want to get the new textures and they are not in there--I am posting a picture of contrast between the original (in the creators kit) and the new textures on the new boat.

What you see is the original white on the right and the new outer white on the left on the actual boat.

7398f020986acbd75a676b861e609cea.png

Edited by Fay Starlight
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Fay Starlight said:

I see the originals in the box, however the NEW boats don't have the same outside textures at all. They redid the colors on a new plank siding. I want to get the new textures and they are not in there--I am posting a picture of contrast between the original (in the creators kit) and the new textures on the new boat.

What you see is the original white on the right and the new outer white on the left on the actual boat.

7398f020986acbd75a676b861e609cea.png

Try using the exterior siding texture from the Stilt Content Pack and turn it 90 degrees. Here it is compared to the new houseboat. You can see in the middle it's a near, not 100%, but pretty darn close. The baked in ambient occlusion though on the homes is apparent as the shading changes at the edges.

bf5287067a4b85e00d449034ec3088b6.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Fay Starlight said:

Thank you, I had actually thought about trying other themes siding, but hadn't gotten around to it yet.... I made a mesh shell that I can set to blank on texture and then make it about 65-70 percent transparent. When tinted it will "tint" the siding as well.

f5c700a5be798646e584e350f95775e0.jpg

8b2ccea59e5129712f7d861c4524fce3.jpg

absolutely adorable :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Elena Core said:

I've never been  able to make a HB work for me, but after looking at the new regions, and the pics in the thread, I had to try them!!! 

52559179341_5cf4da2082_o.jpg

So many out there for grabs now! I have renewed interest in the HB thanks to the new models--will always love the Eveningstar though. LOL

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Fay Starlight said:

So many out there for grabs now! I have renewed interest in the HB thanks to the new models--will always love the Evenngstar though. LOL

True! This is not the best HB in the region, but I just loved it: only one neighbor in the back, and surrounded by trees. 

• Like 4

I am glad that after a really long sleep I wake up to still be able to get houseboats in new regions - whenever they do a big release of new homes to catch us Europeans but we happen to be out of tries you have to go to bed wondering if there will be anything left the next day - I am a fan of them releasing a bigger batch together. 

• Like 2

I've always wanted to like houseboats but never did, really. I was keen to try the new styles so I grabbed one on Monday to give it a try. And... I'm kinda weirded out by them. Externally they look great but interior, the layouts are.. strange.

The two single-storey ones both have exterior doors in rooms that can really only be used as bedrooms (unless you decide that you don't want the living room area overlooking the water - which kind of defeats the object of having a houseboat at all). Of the two two-storey ones, the Doc Holliday has no water view upstairs, and the Jolly Roger has no exterior acess to the water (plus, it's just too darn big). Also two of them have the main entrance on the opposite side from normal.

After messing with all 4 styles for a few hours I gave up, tossed it back and decided that houseboats are officially my least favourite theme of all.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Maitimo said:

I've always wanted to like houseboats but never did, really. I was keen to try the new styles so I grabbed one on Monday to give it a try. And... I'm kinda weirded out by them. Externally they look great but interior, the layouts are.. strange.

The two single-storey ones both have exterior doors in rooms that can really only be used as bedrooms (unless you decide that you don't want the living room area overlooking the water - which kind of defeats the object of having a houseboat at all). Of the two two-storey ones, the Doc Holliday has no water view upstairs, and the Jolly Roger has no exterior acess to the water (plus, it's just too darn big). Also two of them have the main entrance on the opposite side from normal.

After messing with all 4 styles for a few hours I gave up, tossed it back and decided that houseboats are officially my least favourite theme of all.

I agree about the internal divisions, but I'm a bit suspicious about this subject since even in RL my house is an open plan, About the Windows you have to be lucky for them to open to the side where you have a view beyond the neighbors. Anyway, I've been having fun this week with the Dock Holiday decor.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.