A few techincal questions

Teresa Firelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 9/11/2022 at 10:54 PM, Abnor Mole said:

if the object would overflow the parcel then the object is not allowed in (if the person is just sitting on it)

This confused me so I checked it.  I flew my MD 500E v1.1 helicopter (LI of 57) over a Belli houseboat that did not have 57 LI available. No problem. The "About Land" for the parcel shown below. The only bad experience I have had with maxed-out parcels is when they have orbs (typically 0 second) that eject me... then the aircraft gets returned immediately due to exceeding parcel LI.

LI exceeded 1.PNG

LI exceeded 2.PNG

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 2

• Moles
1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

Right.  But if you were to just sit on an inert 58-LI collection of boxes and attempt to slide it into the parcel with you on it, you would not be allowed in.  

Yes. That is the difference between an object that is a true vehicle and just a moving object that someone is sitting on. An object that moves using LlSetVehicleFlags is different than one being edit dragged or using LlMoveToTarget. The system allows a vehicle but not one that is just a physical object trying to move to a point on the parcel. Even of something looks like a car or a space ship to us what really matters is how its motion is scripted. They both may appear to us to be a vehicle, but the system only treats one of them as one when it comes to being immune to object entry. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/11/2022 at 10:54 PM, Abnor Mole said:

Most vehicles will also work just fine if you have scripts turned off for everyone

I confirmed this using a  MD 500E helicopter and a Bandit 22LTE sailboat. One funny thing about the 22LTE, if you  moor it with parcel scripts for everyone turned off, it sinks to the bottom 😁as, I assume, it stops "being a vehicle" but is still physical.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The best way to report it isn't the particles or temp objects... find the object creating them. Select that object and make sure you're looking at it for the screenshot. Explain that it's emitting whatever it's doing into your land. Then blacklist it. If it reappears, you know it's been rezzed again, so report that one too and cite your first report to explain that it's a continuing issue. The first few times, they'll likely just return it and warn the neighbour. Eventually, they'll take harsher action, but you have to keep reporting.

Unless you told your neighbour what you were doing, I suspect the name changes are because the objects had been returned, so you're on the way. Do mention the name changes in the abuse report. Trying to make them harder to find is evidence for it being malicious and not an accident.

• Like 2

I've always left at least 70 LI left on my Belli houses and one of the reasons was  that people flying planes or boating didn't have a problem passing by. Good to know that I can clutter a bit more without problem.

But I always turn off running scripts unless is for group, and it seems it is not necessary.

My places, even on mainland never had orbs or banlines, no need, but autoreturn was on, in Bellisseria I don't have autoreturn on, and so far never found stuff around. 

• Like 4

• Moles
3 hours ago, Tary Allen said:

I've always left at least 70 LI left on my Belli houses and one of the reasons was  that people flying planes or boating didn't have a problem passing by. Good to know that I can clutter a bit more without problem.

But I always turn off running scripts unless is for group, and it seems it is not necessary.

My places, even on mainland never had orbs or banlines, no need, but autoreturn was on, in Bellisseria I don't have autoreturn on, and so far never found stuff around. 

Land impact for vehicles with avatars sitting in them is counted not against the available LI for the parcel they're on but the available LI for the whole region, like LI for temp-rezzed items.

So long as there's some spare LI available on the region, vehicles should be able to move around it and pass through it.

That's why the LI budget for regions on Bellisseria always includes an element of "spare LI" that can't be used for roads, trees and other decoration, so that even if everyone rezzes the highest LI house and then maxes out their parcel LI allowance, there's always going to be something left over so that the region isn't completely blocked to vehicles.

If several high LI vehicles tried to pass through a region where all the parcels were maxed out, they'd probably have to do it one at a time, but that's not going to happen very often.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• Moles

One thing that wasn't touched upon before is that if someone is seated upon a vehicle and it would overflow the parcel LI if they stood up, you won't be able to rez anything else on the parcel until they do or the vehicle moves out of the parcel. On a few occasions we've found people with huge LI "mega yachts" moored for long periods of time on homestead regions with an afk account seated on them to prevent them from being returned. There are places in the Blake Sea where people do that, but in Bellisseria (depending on the region) it could prevent anyone from being able to use the rezzing zone in the region or be able to re-rez their homes if it is in a region with houses. When we find people doing that we generally return it to them to dissuade people from the practice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

4 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

but in Bellisseria (depending on the region) it could prevent anyone from being able to use the rezzing zone in the region or be able to re-rez their homes if it is in a region with houses

Wouldn't this also prevent people from rezzing objects inside their Bellisseria homes?

• Moles
1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Wouldn't this also prevent people from rezzing objects inside their Bellisseria homes?

Only of the vehicle was parked on the resident's parcel or if there was not enough LI for the entire region. The houses rez on and are rooted on the main parcel. (That is how they do not count against your parcel LI)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.