Home position for group members

Wolfen Greggan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

31 minutes ago, Wolfen Greggan said:

I want to allow some friends and an alt to use my Linden home as their home position. I have deeded the land to a group and added them to it but it still says no when they try to make it home. Is this possible?

as you post this in the LH section, it's not possible to deed the premium house/land to a group, only set, what limits the amount of working group settings, but the set home should be possible.

• Like 2

First, you need to set the Linden Home group to your group. As Alwin says, deeding is not even possible as you don't actually own the home. The other avatars (or your alts) must be in your group and must have a role that includes the Parcel Powers/Allow 'Set Home to Here' on group land permission. The default Officer role includes this permission.

I double checked about having to have the group active and found that it was not necessary. But you definitely need it active to rez.

And what Abnor said 🙂

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Wolfen Greggan said:

Nothing worked and then I realized that scripts are disabled for anyone but the owner. Cancelled my premium the same day I bought it. It's no good to me if my friends can't run their scripts there.

didn't know it's possible to own a linden home, or mainland with a pending downgrade ... only landdonation to group, but that won't work on LH because they can't be group owned.
Do you actually show as owner? or is it the cause you can't do anything there?

8 minutes ago, Wolfen Greggan said:

I made a group, set the land to the group, then added a friend to the group as an officer. Not only couldn't she set it as home, but it wouldn't allow her to use any of her huds. Scripts were turned off. I didn't see any way to turn them on. Everything was grayed out on the panel.

Right click on your land -> Select About Land -> go to the Options tab -> Look at Run Scripts: Check Everyone or Group (both if you want)

Go to your group and click on Members & Roles tab ->  Click on Roles -> Select a role (Everyone, Officer, etc) -> Scroll all the way down to Parcel Powers on the bottom half of the window, check "Allow 'Set Home Here' on group land

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Wolfen Greggan said:

I made a group, set the land to the group, then added a friend to the group as an officer. Not only couldn't she set it as home, but it wouldn't allow her to use any of her huds. Scripts were turned off. I didn't see any way to turn them on. Everything was grayed out on the panel.

You might have been just outside the parcel boundaries if the options were grayed out.   The options for allowing build, object entry and scripts should always be modifiable to you as the owner of the parcel. 

Also remember, as a premium member you have access to Live Chat, so that's a quick way to get help, especially regarding an issue with a LH. 

If you did the downgrade to basic account from premium account on the web dashboard, the premium benefits, with the exception of owning land or a LH, generally stay in effect until the premium membership term expires.  I also think that if you change your mind, you can cancel the downgrade to basic yourself now on the web dashboard premium account section. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MoiraKathleen said:

If you did the downgrade to basic account from premium account on the web dashboard, the premium benefits, with the exception of owning land or a LH, generally stay in effect until the premium membership term expires.  I also think that if you change your mind, you can cancel the downgrade to basic yourself now on the web dashboard premium account section. 

in this case the issue would be solved. It's not his home, so what he wants will not be possible, because of thát reason, it's no system fail.

6 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

in this case the issue would be solved. It's not his home, so what he wants will not be possible, because of thát reason, it's no system fail.

I was basically just trying to give some explanations and some troubleshooting tips - if not for him (if he decides to reinstate his premium membership and get another LH) - but others who may not be as knowledgeable about LH's and might read the thread. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MoiraKathleen said:

I was basically just trying to give some explanations and some troubleshooting tips - if not for him (if he decides to reinstate his premium membership and get another LH) - but others who may not be as knowledgeable about LH's and might read the thread. 

thats a very valid point of course, but it's essential for the original question to get that info about pending downgrade, it would explain all issues for him, but is logical explainable by the downgrade, it's no technical issue.

29 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I didn't know you had to do the "group thing" for people to set your LH as home. Yuck.

Only yourself or your partner have rights on your Linden Home, unless you give them rights through your land group. I think this is similar to renting a parcel, since LL is the actual owner of the land. We wouldn't want just anyone to set Home there.

14 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:
19 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yes but..you can give anyone "access rights". 

You can give access rights to the inside house controller, but not to the outside house selector or the parcel settings.  

By "access rights", I only meant "access to enter the land":  "Anyone can visit" vs. "Always allowed" list.

So if the original question is just "can they set home to here?", that was a new question to me!  I did not know it was restricted until I read this topic.

access.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Karl Herber said:

Partner? Is this true? I've never heard of that before.

I might be wrong, but I think your partner has limited rights, such as setting Home there. When my friend wanted her partner to be able to rez stuff, I walked them through creating a group & having him join it though.

Edited by Persephone Emerald

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I might be wrong, but I think your partner has limited rights, such as setting Home there. When my friend wanted her partner to be able to rez stuff, I walked them through creating a group & having him join it though.

Ah no, in that case the partner gained rights by being in the group, not by being partner.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.